6.0.2 Enhance

Here is what I’ve come up for my Shammy. I still need to test it out and so far the only down side is having to move or jump to stop Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning spam. You could put them into a mod or separate button if you would like though.

I’m using 3,3,2,1,2,1
Major: Feral Spirit, Flame Shock, Shamanistic Rage

This will cast Searing then start on the rotation. For the current macro, pressing any Mod or leaving combat will have it recast your Searing.

#showtooltip /castsequence reset=12 Stormstrike, Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Frost Shock /castsequence reset=mod/combat Searing Totem,null /castsequence reset=0.7 !Lightning Bolt

This is what I’m testing for AoE. It does have some pause moments, but I couldn’t find any other spell that wasn’t off CD to toss into that spot. This will also drop Magma Totem, also reset with Mod and Combat.

#showtooltip /castsequence reset=2 Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Fire Nova, Stormstrike, Frost Shock, Fire Nova, Unleash Elements /castsequence reset=mod/combat Magma Totem,null /castsequence reset=0.7 !Chain Lightning

My DPS “Burn” Macro

/cast Elemental Mastery /cast Feral Spirit /cast Ascendance /cast Fire Elemental Totem(Fire Totem)

My “Help” Macro

/cast Shamanistic Rage /cast Astral Shift /cast Earth Elemental Totem(Earth Totem)

Nice work! I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers it can produce, as it stands with the action bar swap macro in instances I’m topping out at around 14-15k dps then it normally drops to around 10-11k.

I will give these a go this morning and let you all know what I’m pulling

Well after a go on the dummies i can say that these work very well and thanks for your hard work, the only problem i encountered was trying to get the shift modifier to work for the lightning bolt [mod:shift] does not seem to work i tried [nomod:shift] just to see if it was me going mad but that worked fine, am i missing something basic and being an idiot?.. just to clarify, i want to cast lightning bolt when i hold down shift.

Cheers

I changed the reset on Searing to 1 second and leave combat. It resets after a gcd pretty much. Bolt will work off Shift with this one. I also added a stop cast with Shift pressed. may help push Bolt a little faster, but most of the time its just waiting to come off gcd.

Single Target

#showtooltip /stopcasting [mod:shift] /castsequence [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt /castsequence reset=12 Stormstrike, Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Frost Shock /castsequence reset=1/combat Searing Totem,null

AoE with Chain as Shift. Magma with 1 second / leave combat resets.

#showtooltip /stopcasting [mod:shift] /castsequence [mod:shift] !Chain Lightning /castsequence reset=2 Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Fire Nova, Stormstrike, Frost Shock, Fire Nova, Unleash Elements /castsequence reset=1/combat Magma Totem,null

have u seen what the dps comparison from this to bar swap?

also does this use windstrike properly?

I haven’t tried the bar swap macro out yet. I like to have my big CDs ‘n’ such all over my bars. Windstrike ‘should’ auto change soon as your able to use it, since its still Stormstrike.

This macro does good dps etc and thanks for the effort you put in it!
Only issue that occurs for me is when i use ascendance it totally locks up and doesnt do anything :confused:
Or am i doing something wrong here ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Did some testing and Ascendance was locking it. So here is an updated version that will work. Sometimes it may take a little long to launch Bolt procs while not using the Mod control one.

#showtooltip /castsequence reset=1/combat Searing Totem,null /castsequence reset=12 Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Frost Shock /castrandom [combat] Stormstrike /castrandom [combat] Windstrike /castrandom [combat] !Lightning Bolt

I also updated the Mod:Shift Bolt one too.

#showtooltip /stopcasting [mod] /cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt /castsequence reset=1/combat Searing Totem,null /castsequence reset=12 Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Frost Shock /castrandom [combat] Stormstrike /castrandom [combat] Windstrike

Edit: They have updated SuperDuperMacro @ WoWInterface if you would like to add in CDs, Trinkets (13,14) or maybe even the Crystal of Insanity.
Here tl:dr of how to use: install -> /sdm -> New -> Paste n Save -> drag to bar.

Hey redfox,

I must be doing something wrong but the [mod:shift] command is still not working for me at all, any ideas?

Cheers

Testing out the new one I posted, the only reason I can’t cast Bolt is due to the GCD.
I added a 2nd Stopcast into this one and its working. Let me know.

/stopcasting [mod] /stopcasting [mod] /cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt /castsequence reset=1/combat Searing Totem,null /castsequence reset=12 Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Frost Shock /castrandom Stormstrike /castrandom [combat] Windstrike

Thanks for helping me out Redfox,

Still no luck for me, if i hold down shift while running the macro searing totem drops but lightning bolt does not fire at any point… i did have a thought though… im using a logitech g600 mouse and have your macro bound to my number 1 key and it is set to repeat the macro when i press the button only to stop when i hit it again, i have no delay on this either, could this be part of my problem do you think?

Cheers

Maybe if we up Searings reset by 2-3 seconds, since at 1 second it resets after a GCD. And if your looking to hard cast bolt, You would want to remove the double stopcast that are in the macro. Since press 1 will start, but the 2nd would insta stop it.

Something like this:

/cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt /castsequence reset=3/combat Searing Totem,null /castsequence reset=12 Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Frost Shock /castrandom Stormstrike /castrandom [combat] Windstrike

One step further just to make 100% sure it doesn’t try to cast anything but bolt with shift down would be to add a stop:

/cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt /stopmacro [mod] /castsequence reset=3/combat Searing Totem,null /castsequence reset=12 Unleash Elements, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Frost Shock /castrandom Stormstrike /castrandom [combat] Windstrike

i have really been wanting to go back to a one button style over bar swapping. how has the testing been going? wanted to test myself but havent had chance yet? what kind of dps has it been putting out

Well on a dummie with 567 item level im topping out at around 14k with cd’s just on a normal rotation im getting about 8-9k over a 5 minute run, that said i think removing the internal CD on windfury is making our damage very spiky , sometimes my damage stays high other times it can drop quite alot. Not sure how this will all scale at 100, it might all even out

It’s been a while since my shaman was enhancement but from what I can see here your macro is trying to cast 2-3 spells at the same time. /castrandom is the same as cast and castsequence when only using one spell/ability. This maybe why it’s locking up on you.

/castsequence reset=5/combat Searing Totem.null
/cast [mod:shift] Lightning Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Lava Lash
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Windstrike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Stormstrike
/castsequence reset=12 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock
/cast [combat] only spells that don’t trigger the GCD
/cast [combat] 13
/cast [combat] 14
/startattack

What is your real reason for not wanting to bar swap? If you fill each bar with the same abilities aside from the one slot with the macro on each,it’s essentially the same as a one button macro… you only press one button.

Since I have no idea how to set up a swap bar, I am banking on this working.

I have tested out your ST macro and it works great, I use a Razer Naga EPIC mouse with numbers on the side, I try to use your MOD:SHIFT macro for Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning, and when I press SHIFT, it swaps the button to show the spell, but when I press the number on my mouse it does nothing while SHIFT is held down. IF I let go the mouse fires off the macros otherwise.

[quote quote=17564]Since I have no idea how to set up a swap bar, I am banking on this working.

I have tested out your ST macro and it works great, I use a Razer Naga EPIC mouse with numbers on the side, I try to use your MOD:SHIFT macro for Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning, and when I press SHIFT, it swaps the button to show the spell, but when I press the number on my mouse it does nothing while SHIFT is held down. IF I let go the mouse fires off the macros otherwise.
[/quote]

You and Steve are most likely having a problem because you are using shift+1-6 which are bound to switching hotbars by default. So, if you press shift+1, it’s sending the “switch to bar 1 command” and not actually the “press action 1” command.

Don’t be afraid of bar swapping. You create the 4 to 6 macros and put them all in the same number on their respective bars. So if you use slot 9, Macro one goes on bar 1 in slot 9, macro 2 on bar 2 slot 9, and so on; it’s pretty simple.

If anyone needs a visual tutorial I suppose I can make a video if one doesn’t already exist.

I would need a Visual tutorial of how its set up and how I can make that work with Elv UI.

#showtooltip /castsequence reset=2 Flame Shock, Lava Lash, Fire Nova, Stormstrike, Frost Shock, Fire Nova, Unleash Elements /castsequence reset=mod/combat Magma Totem,null /castsequence reset=0.7 !Chain Lightning

Hey RedFox,

I’ve been using this macro since you posted it with no problems until last night. I was doing old content and relying on magma totem to slaughter all the stuff I had gathered up when I noticed that the macro now hangs after dropping Magma Totem. It won’t go back and go through the rotation anymore. Anything I can do to fix this? I haven’t changed anything, so I’m not sure why it stopped working.

• Ranek