6.0.2 Marksman Macro's (Final Version)

If you guys were following my thread,
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/6-0-2-marksman-macros-no-addons-required/
I made several adjustments. Ive adjusted the macros and the talents. I made changes due the
fact there was moments that when Haste was excessive (Heroism+Rapid Fire+Trinkets) their may have
been a downtime moment in the macro depending on gear,gemming,etc. But Anywho! This is what
I’m running. :stuck_out_tongue:
For me, My DPS is Improved and their is no Downtime. I would love to hear if they work for you as
well as they are for me. Thanks for your feedback guys! Teamwork!

Talents have changed to generate higher focus: 1,2,2,1,2,1
Glyphs: Animal Bond,Chimaera Shot

Single:

#showtooltip steady shot
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm]
/Use rapid fire
/castsequence reset=10 !Chimaera Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,steady shot
/castsequence reset=5 !Glaive Toss
/cast kill shot

Multi-Target

#showtooltip multi-shot
/Use rapid fire
/castsequence [harm]reset=5 multi-shot,multi-shot,multi-shot,steady shot,multi-shot,steady shot
/cast [harm]kill shot

Awesome. Worked on improving dps a bit thanks!

Well done

So far I like it… At the Shrine TDummies, pulling over 11k standing still… Did a run simulating actual movements of an encounter (because we all know we’re not standing still 100% of the time) I get roughly 10 to 10.5k DPS… Gonna go hunt down a solo TDummy so that my cloak procs don’t artificially boost the DPS too much.

Thank you Fireone!

I ran a raid with it earlier, This spec is like a Cannon! Boooom! Good to hear you guys
are seeing the same thing! If you see anything that needs tweaked,let me know. Thanks you Guys! :slight_smile:

I tested this updated of your macro. DPS improved from 18k to 25k burst and 8-9k maintains up to 10-11k

Thanks!

/castsequence reset=5 Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=9 !Chimaera Shot
/use [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast !Kill Shot

Give this a try. CS fires every time cd is up. Glaive Toss was a dps loss when I had it in there and only use it for AOE now.

I ran 2 minute simulations using Fireone’s macro on the target dummy with and without
/castsequence reset=5 !Glaive Toss
I also experienced DPS increase without it for the Single Target rotations.

I also ran 2 minute simulations on E.D.B.'s macro

/castsequence reset=9 !Chimaera Shot
/use [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast !Kill Shot

and for me this was my best DPS output by 8k

Great Job on these guys!!!

So I ran Fireone’s single target macro this morning for about 2.5 minutes on the lvl 90 target dummy at the Shrine. My current ilvl is 576 using a Mythic Death Lotus Crossbow and I used Heroic AoC and Heroic HT trinkets for this test. Pet was a Raptor +5% Crit. Gear is gemmed with Haste/Crit and Crit… no AGI gems… standard enchants. No buffs applied other than the pet.

I experienced an initial burst of about 21k… burst is relatively meaningless to me unless it can be sustained for a period of time… in this case it was only for about 3-5 seconds. My sustained dps was 13.5k

Here are my numbers breakdown:
Total Dmg: 2.01m
Aimed Shot: 522.9k
Flurry of Xuen: 328.9k
Chimaera Shot: 279.5k
Auto Shot: 234.3k
Raptor (Attack): 160.8k
Steady Shot: 153.6k
Raptor (Claw): 139.4k
Glaive Toss: 102.6k
Lightning Strike: 88.5k (from Capacitance)

One thing I noticed was a bit of a delay on firing Chimaera Shot due to the number of Steady Shot’s… I don’t think there’s much you can do about though. Overall a very good macro.

i changed things up a bit check this out…

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=6 Chimaera Shot,Aimed Shot,Glaive Toss,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Chimaera Shot,Steady Shot,steady shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/Use rapid fire
/cast !kill shot

[quote quote=17349]i changed things up a bit check this out…

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=6 Chimaera Shot,Aimed Shot,Glaive Toss,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Chimaera Shot,Steady Shot,steady shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/Use rapid fire
/cast !kill shot

[/quote]

I tried this… same specs as above… my sustained dps was 12.4k… but Chimaera Shot damage was doubled

Made a slight modification to this. Added in AMoC and a petattack command. Still under the 355 limit so can be used without a macro extender if desired.

#showtooltip Chimaera Shot
/petattack
/castsequence reset=9 Chimaera Shot
/castsequence reset=60 A Murder Of Crows
/use [combat]Rapid Fire

My talents are 3,1,3,1,1,1

I like steady focus with these macros as it allows us to refresh our focus and just be outside of optimal. It seems to build enough focus to keep chimaera shot firing off when it is on cooldown and that is all that really matters.

I added in the showtooltip for chimaera shot so you could see when it is on cooldown and remove it from your bars if needed for space.

If you want a quick macro for glaive toss that will get it to fire, here is a stopcast macro that will stop what your are firing, including auto attack and cast glaive toss. The two stop casts are needed due to auto attack and your current cast needing the sequence to stop everything.

#showtooltip Glaive Toss
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Glaive Toss

Glaive toss and the rest of the talent tree is such a waist. Powershot is actually a better dps but that knockback makes it not raid worthy.

Here is the AOE macro I modified to included Glaive Toss. Using [harm] on kill shot isn’t necessary a it won’t fire if the target is not hostile already. I also removed the harm and @target on petattack as if you have your pet on passive, it will attack your current target anyway. This also under the default character limit.

#showtooltip multi-shot
/petattack
/castsequence reset=5 multi-shot,multi-shot,steady shot,steady shot,multi-shot,multi-shot
/castsequence reset=15 Glaive Toss
/Use [combat]Rapid Fire

Edit: Removed Kill Shot as it will never fire properly in sequence as a /cast and will either lock up or not fire with a macro like this.

Here is a stop cast macro for kill shot that will need to either be weaved into a bar swap (don’t like those for hunters) or just put on another button next to the main macro.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Kill Shot

Thanks for the Uppdates guys! Going to try them out! :slight_smile:

Will this work with Murder of Crows? Now that the damage has increased on it and the codlin resets when the target is killed, maybe it might be a good option versus Glaive Toss?

The one I posted works great with murder of crows. The main difference in the changes to one button macros is now you need to put a full duration or close to it number in reset= to get a cast off properly. You also need to work around with the positioning of multiple castsequence calls in one macro.

/castsequence reset=60 A Murder Of Crows

That works great if you add it after Chimaera Shot

Also, in my initial post, I stated 355 limit when it should read 255.

Hey Fireone and Steph, I normally don’t post but I went ahead and registered to say thanks for these macros. I haven’t played my hunter in a long time and this has been a great help.

Thanks for all the great work to the macros…but i have a question in most of the MM macros I see your using Glaive Toss and not Barrage. From what I have seen Barrage is op even on single target fights.

The problem with Barrage for these single-key macros is the huge focus draw… I think it’s 60 focus. Because of that, it’s difficult to work into a rotation and still have the other spells be efficient. I’ve tried modifying the OP’s first macro and I just couldn’t get the same DPS numbers.

Hi Guys! Just thought I would check in and give you all an update! :smiley:
With thanks to you guys and your feedback,
Ive been doing some minor tweaking and adjusting. Set your tank as your
focus target… The macro will keep misdirect on your friendly Tank. It will
Use Glaive Toss on your Burst,then it switches off,keeping your DPS high,and
insuring that Kill Shot works as it should. Ive also been doing some testing with
the different Buffs that our pet applies to us.Ive tried (wolf=crit)(ram=versatility)
(wasp=haste)and(bat=multistrike). The results are surprisingly different for me.
1.Haste
2.versatility & multistrike (very close)
3.crit
Ive found about 1k difference in keeping my wasp out vs the wolf (At least for level 90).
Im sure this could probably change as we level to 100. Blizzards tuning will be focused
at max level. Please let me know if you see the same results. Thanks for all your help!! :stuck_out_tongue:

#showttoltip steady shot
/cast [target=focus,help] [@pet] Misdirection
/Use [harm]rapid fire
/castsequence [harm]reset=combat Glaive Toss, null
/castsequence [harm]reset=10 !Chimaera Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,steady shot
/cast [harm]kill shot

plz try this I modified from my BM macro

/castsequence reset=combat Glaive Toss, null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Chimaera Shot,Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Chimaera Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Glaive Toss
/castrandom [combat] !kill shot
/startattack
/petattack [combat]