6.0.2 Prot for Macro Toolkit

Talents are 3,1,3,2,3,1

Glyphs: Alabaster Shield, Battle Healer, Divine Protection

#showtooltip Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=1 Holy Wrath,Consecration,Sacred Shield,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Sacred Shield,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Sacred Shield
/castsequence reset=30 !Divine Protection,Holy Prism
/castsequence [mod:shift] Guardian of Ancient Kings,Ardent Defender
/castsequence [mod:alt] Word of Glory
/cast !Shield of the Righteous
/cast !Avenger’s Shield

tested on a lvl 85 target dummy ran great for over 5 min no hang ups i saw feel free to modify and post a better version. i built in the big dawg damage reductions and the wog with 5 bastion for the big heal. let me know

I found this macro pretty useful when I was leveling my pally from 80-90. However when I hit 90 and got Holy Prism I noticed it was not firing. Also Avenger’s shield did not work for me either. Other than that that this was the best prot macro I tried. I modified you marco a bit and everything seems to fire fine for me. I just use Avenger’s Shield on a separate button.

#showtooltip Avenger's Shield
/castsequence reset=1 Holy Wrath,Consecration,Sacred Shield,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Sacred Shield,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Sacred Shield, Holy Prism, Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment
/castsequence reset=30 !Divine Protection
/use 13
/use 14

Nice thank you for the macro, its inspired me to make this, needs testing a bit more but seams to work ok even when changing targets. Have left out the cd’s you added to yours but im sure you could put them in and would still work fine with the mod keys.

#showtooltip Avenger's Shield
/castsequence [@mouseover,exists]reset=target judgment,null
/castsequence [@mouseover,exists]reset=combat Avenger's Shield,null
/castsequence reset=9 judgment,hammer of the righteous,Sacred Shield,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,consecration,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Wrath,Avenger's Shield,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Prism
/cast [combat] !Shield of the Righteous
/use [combat] 14
/use [combat] 13
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack

The original macro posted is pretty bad, I mean it works but judgment should be cast on CD…also it spams sacred shield while you should do it once every 30 secs just to keep the shield up…also casting Holy wrath is usually sub optimal and it should only be use to stun something or when there is only 1 or 2 targets…I have been trying to fix it with much luck. Any ideas?

This is what i got so far…but im not happy with it. Judgment and Crusader strike / Hammer of the Righteous should be priority and when ever they become available you should stop everything and cast them…since they are your main source of HP, even living 1 of them sitting for just 1 second makes a huge difference over the course of a 5 minute fight. I was thinking maybe remove them completely from the main castsequence line and add them as separate /cast! lines…not sure if this will work

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=3 Judgment,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Consecration,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=30 Holy Prism, Sacred Shield
/castsequence reset=10 Holy Wrath
/cast !Judgment
/cast !Avenger’s Shield

the problem is with !judgment on it own line it will hang up your cast sequence and the reason my origional macro spams sacred shield is a space filler for less down time waitin on gcd’s…its hard building a priority based macro for a prot pally when u cant make an actual priority sequence so its either and fillers for down time9sacred shield also a decent damage reduction) or have the down time and lose threat expecially now wth the lack of other offensive spells its not easy to build a working make you smile macro. my origional macro i have managed to tank and survive heroic garry kills and not lose threat but as i stated if you didnt like it to modify it and make it better. in the end its going to be to each his own…No priority sequnce mean harder macro’s to make.

im open to suggestions i’ve been a pally since vanilla and its almost easier now to go back to tankin as a pally without a macro, the macro makes it easier. but if you cant get one to work flawlessly why you it?

Fuzzy,

Thanks for starting this thread. I just came back to the game and was disappointed to see that priority macro code for Macro Toolkit was no longer an option. I used your work as a guideline and made my own modifications. It runs a little smoother than what you have, for my tastes (I like the rotation better and prefer to cast Word of Glory on my own, which let me swap out the alt function for defensive cooldowns and the shift function for Lay on Hands).

Currently 313231

Crusader Strike (Single Target)

/castsequence reset=2 Sacred Shield,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Consecration,Crusader Strike,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=25 !Divine Protection,Holy Prism
/castsequence [mod:shift] Lay on Hands
/castsequence [mod:alt] Guardian of Ancient Kings,Ardent Defender
/cast !Avenger's Shield
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Hammer of the Righteous (AOE)

/castsequence reset=2 Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/cast !Avenger's Shield

awesome i’ll test this out tonight and let ya know i been rackin my brain tryin to make it better but its not as easy as i was hoping… appreciate the positive feedback tho

[quote quote=17590]Fuzzy,

Thanks for starting this thread. I just came back to the game and was disappointed to see that priority macro code for Macro Toolkit was no longer an option. I used your work as a guideline and made my own modifications. It runs a little smoother than what you have, for my tastes (I like the rotation better and prefer to cast Word of Glory on my own, which let me swap out the alt function for defensive cooldowns and the shift function for Lay on Hands).

Currently 313231

Crusader Strike (Single Target)

/castsequence reset=2 Sacred Shield,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Consecration,Crusader Strike,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/cast !Avenger's Shield

Hammer of the Righteous (AOE)

/castsequence reset=2 Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/cast !Avenger's Shield

[/quote]

for whatever reason this does only cast one crusader for me - all the other casts seem to work. I have no clue why it would not cast more crusader strikes.
Is this one running smooth for you guys?

It’s working fine for me, Mike. Are you using the same talents that I’m running?

1 * *
  • 2 *
      1 * *

i’ve made a few minor adjustments to your aoe rotation as im too lazy to use both macro’s added the avenger’s shield in for the pull cause a few guildies and my wife are truely lazy pally’s and the i added in my damage reduction stuff, still debuggin one small issue with it when i get that resolved i post an updated copy…it seems we are finally gettin on the right track with getting a working fairly decent pally tank macro. then its back to the drawing board for the ret one. and on to the other 10 characters so i have working macro’s for all the different types of classes for my guildies and other like minded people

#showtooltip Guardian of Ancient Kings
/castsequence reset=target Avenger's Shield,null
/cast !Avenger's Shield

bug was a lag issue just added the inital pull and she runs like a raped ape nice work

Nice macro! Ive change 1 line from reset=target to reset=combat and is working pretty sweet, doesnt need to wait for avenger shield to come off cd when you switch targets now.

#showtooltip Guardian of Ancient Kings
/castsequence reset=combat Avenger's Shield,null
/cast !Avenger's Shield

Keep up the good work! Thanks all

yea i made that change also just didnt get it updated again thanks for posting updated version

Hi, is Sacred Shield now better than Eternal Flame for raiding purposes?

This Works great :slight_smile: thx for all ur hard Work. Is there any of you geniuses that can help out in the HOLY section. It just dosn´t Work as smooth as this :slight_smile:

eternal flame is a nice extra heal but with a higher haste rating you 5 stack bastion fast for that free word of glory heal where as the sacred shield just is an added damage reduction

Fuzzy and Furry… didn’t notice the similarities in names until I started this post. Couple questions, 1) have you worked the single target macro to work as smoothly as the AOE, and 2) why no Word of Glory?

hey Furrytank.

Nice macro (credit to Fuzzy as well)

works great, but ive found an issue that im not sure is related to my glyphs etc or not.

this line will cast DP on the pull, but after that, it wont cast either DP or HP for the rest of the fight. ive played around with the reset timers and others, but cant resolve it.

Anyone have this issue as well?

EDIT: have also noted that Avenger’s Shield casts on pull, but never again during the sequence…

[quote quote=18019]hey Furrytank.

Nice macro (credit to Fuzzy as well)

works great, but ive found an issue that im not sure is related to my glyphs etc or not.

this line will cast DP on the pull, but after that, it wont cast either DP or HP for the rest of the fight. ive played around with the reset timers and others, but cant resolve it.

Anyone have this issue as well?

EDIT: have also noted that Avenger’s Shield casts on pull, but never again during the sequence….
[/quote]

/castsequence reset=25 !Divine Protection,Holy Prism (instead try)
/castsequence reset=30 !Divine Protection,Holy Prism
and avenger shield will only fire off on a proc so it yur not gettin the proc up the haste and crit(at least till wednesday)

and jenna no i have not worked the single target macro i sacrafice the extra dps from the single target to keep the extra aoe in there very helpful for garrosh when yur group isnt the brightest my pally is only 560 ilvl but 580’s cant pull off me with the aoe macro on boss fights but i can look at it for you and see