6.0.2 Ret Macro, Need Some Expert Help

Hey guys, I need some help. I have this macro set up on my paly and it doesn’t work right…

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Exorcism,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 Hammer of Wrath
/cast !Execution Sentence
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The first 2 castsequence lines go off no problem, and Avenging Wrath goes off no problem, but Execution Sentence never goes off. I have tried changing the /cast ExSen to a /castsequence reset=0.5 ExSen and it still doesn’t go off. If I swap the ExSen line with and the Hammer of Wrath line, ExSen will fire off but HoW won’t.

In a perfect world I would ideally like to get the following macro (or similar) working on my ret paly.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Judgment,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 Exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.5 Templar's Verdict
/cast Execution Sentence
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14

Any help from the resident macro community would be greatly appreciated. I am running MTK version 6.0.0.3.

Thanks!

I had exactly the same problem. I found the only way around it was to use a swapbar macro. And so far the road I’ve taken is working for me brilliantly.

I completely removed all but the (default) bottom left Blizzard bars from my UI and installed Button Forge. I set up the bars with Button Forge exactly as it was with Blizzard bars. This freed up the 6 Blizzard bars to make my macro.

I’ve already posted this in thread further down. But I’ll repost the updated version here.

SINGLE TARGET

BAR 1

#showtooltip
/cast [nostance: 1] seal of truth
/castsequence reset=combat Judgment,Crusader Strike
/swapactionbar 1 2

BAR 2

#showtooltip
/cast templar's verdict
/swapactionbar 2 3

BAR 3

#showtooltip
/cast exorcism
/swapactionbar 3 1

AOE

BAR 4

#showtooltip
/cast [nostance: 2] seal of righteousness
/castsequence reset=combat Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous
/swapactionbar 4 5

BAR 5

#showtooltip
/cast Divine Storm
/swapactionbar 5 6

BAR 6

#showtooltip
/cast exorcism
/swapactionbar 6 4

And to switch between Single Target and AOE I use these 2

Switch to Single Target

#showtooltip templar's verdict
/cast templar's verdict
/swapactionbar 1 1

Switch to AOE

#showtooltip divine storm
/cast divine storm
/swapactionbar 4 4

If anythings is not clear. please ask. And i’ll do my best to point you in the right direction.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Exorcism,Judgment,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=60 !Execution Sentence,Hammer of Wrath
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14

try that

The problem with this is that Hammer of Wrath won’t go off every time during Avenging Wrath’s proc period or when the mob reaches 20% health.

I have modified my macro into 2 buttons that, for now, seem to fit the bill. The first is as follows:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14

The second is:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/0.5 Templar's Verdict
/castsequence reset=0.5 Execution Sentence

What this comes down to is as I spam the first macro, it fires off my usual rotation, plus it uses HoW on the Avenging Wrath procs and when the mob get below 20%. When my HP builds to 3 charges or when it procs the free TV, I use the second macro to fire off TV and ExSen when it’s ready. Is it ugly? Yes…Is it ideal? No…Does it work for now? Yes, or at least until I can figure out another way to get a better single button macro to work.

Speaking of single button, for those interested here are my single target trash mob and AE macros. I took HoW out of them completely since those mobs tend to die so fast HoW really isn’t that important to me, but if you wanted to you could put HoW on a button of it’s own to use when it procs.

Single target DPS:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=0.5 Templar's Verdict

AE DPS:

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Exorcism,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment
/castsequence reset=0.5 Divine Storm

[quote quote=17471]#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=60 !Avenging Wrath,Hammer of Wrath
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14

try that
[/quote]
i think u can try this out and it may work havent tested it but in theory it should work fine
/castsequence reset=combat !Avenging Wrath,Executive Sentence
/castsequnce reset=0.5 Hammer of Wrath

the reset=combat part is the iffy part that may need to change some so that ES goes off still while the other spell is still on cd i use something similiar with my prot macro so while es is on cd my divine protection still fires off
but try that and work the reset=combat maybe try reset=120 without a game infront of me to test this for u its hard t judge what will or wont work but when i can get infront of a computer i will try and see what i can come up with to help solve your 2 button problem