6.0.3 Gnome Sequencer 1 Button BoomKin

ilvl 560 MOP gear doing 7k to 8k @ lvl 90 on a lvl 90 test dummie at the Shrine. Talents 1-1-3-3-2-3 <left to right>. This works for both eclipses just spam it.

Sequences['Boomy'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/use [noform]!Moonkin Form
]],
"/castsequence reset=25/target Moonfire",
"/castsequence reset=25/target Sunfire",
"/castsequence reset=10 Force of Nature",
"/cast Starsurge",
"/cast Starfire",
"/cast [nochanneling] Wrath",
"/cast Celestial Alignment",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

I took parts of what other people did and wrote this and tested it. 25 sec reset keeps you from spamming moonfire and Sunfire while keeping it constant on the target. Reset of 10 on Force of Nature keeps it in constant rotation with the charge up cooldown. The rest should be self explanatory. This is a Single target macro that again is not eclipse dependent. `

Bro, works great… Using it right now, you have anything for AOE?

Do u have anything for lvl 100? thx

Hm nvm couldnt even get the macro to work, just spamming wrath. No dots.

Not sure about /castsequence reset=25/target parts of the macro. Considering the fact there is only one spell in the /castsequence - it should still be casting those spell whenever they are available (ignoring the reset part)

Isn’t there only one aoe spell and it’s channeled.

I’m not really a gnome expert. My understanding is that it works like bar swapping. Castsequence gives control over the spell in gnome but can still be used to string multiple spells but why would you do that when you’re bar swapping?

If this works for you? great! not sure why it wouldn’t be. I leveled my 90 Druid to 95 so far on it. If it needs updating at 100 i’ll post it but it might be awhile.

This should be absolutely true and it should be working as you are saying and I have found with other macros that I’m writing and working on that it does work this way if you write in the PreMacro or PostMacro portion of the script. When written into the middle part it actually works as written. Now why that is I don’t know. I also noticed that “/castsequence reset=10 Force of Nature”, is kinda all over the place with the rotation. The reset timer doesn’t seem to matter. The other one … reset=25/target works exactly how it’s written with only one spell. Seems to be giving some control over the cast frequency. Maybe someone else finds something different. I’m sorry for dismissing your comment and I hope this answers it for you.

I know it would mean 2 macros, but shouldn’t there be one for solar and one for nature? I know you say it works for both phases already…

I used to do this for my lock as well where I had one rotation that built up embers and another that used them

alright now lvl 97 with gear ilvl 563. Starting Spires of Arak, Killing the same ten Adherents over and over and over. Basically trying any and all combinations and changes to the script that I created above. Trying to follow known rules for command vs. what I wrote. Really didn’t think what I wrote was going to cause anyone grief. I was actually trying to help fill a need. Anyway the ending results are this. If you try to move or change the sunfire/moonfire commands one of two things is going to happen. Either you spam them or your DPS gets cut in half or a combination of the two. I don’t know why it works the way it’s written. I have updated it though to the listed below. Starsurge became an instant cast so I changed how that was being utilized in the Macro.

Sequences['Boomy'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/use [noform]!Moonkin Form
]],
"/castsequence reset=10 Force of Nature",
"/cast [nochanneling] Starsurge",
"/cast Starfire",
"/cast [nochanneling] Starsurge",
"/cast [nochanneling] Wrath",
"/cast Celestial Alignment",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Also in as much as I like feed back. I have included the recount information for those same ten Adherents in the starting area of Spire of Arak using the macro just above in case anyone is still confused whether this actually works as written.

Starfire,     169566, 30%
Starsurge,    145717, 25.9%
Sunfire(dot),  71679, 12.7%
Moonfire(dot), 55382, 8.2%
Wrath,         38884, 6.9%
Sunfire,       36059, 6.4%

And Robert in regards to the Warlock Destruction. I wrote a macro that builds embers in the body and burns them in the postmacro. Its just a matter of creating a balance that works. And no I wasn’t going to post the warlock macro because all I did is modify one of the ones posted already.

Oh I was just pointing out another instance where I thought 2 macros are useful, not asking you to post one; but, thank you for your contributions!

I can understand writing two macros for this if you weren’t using gnome sequencer(GS). But GS skips spells/actions that aren’t available. What started this for me was looking at the regular macros posted and finding there was only a difference of a couple spells between two macros. If in general you’re worried about hitting more procs when they are available then I would just put those individual spells on the toolbar next to your macro. Course if your going to do that then why write a one button macro.

I had fun with this. My druid has been resto main spec since vanilla. Usually leveling up by healing random dungeon after dungeon after dungeon. This was a nice change of pace.

Pretty sure they say break it up due to pushing solar or ecplise

[quote quote=19494]I can understand writing two macros for this if you weren’t using gnome sequencer(GS).<snip>If in general you’re worried about hitting more procs when they are available then I would just put those individual spells on the toolbar next to your macro.[/quote] See below

Because I have Reynaud’s and early onset Parkinson’s and a Brain Tumour amongst other things.

TL;DR My hands don’t work like they should and hurt that is why I use GS and 1 button macros, though I also use multiple 1 button macros on the same toon (typically 4-6) because I do have decent use of my thumb and a naga razor with a thumb pad.

Do a small search for “moonkin” in the search bar above and stop whining about what doesn’t work for you.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/search/moonkin/

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the work you’ve put into making these! I love them but I have a question (which I see you’ve kind of addressed in previous posts).

Do you have any idea what it is that makes Sunfire/Moonfire spam? The original macro and the updated one work great until Sunfire/Moonfire cast upwards of 8 times in a row. I saw in an earlier post you said that it should work as long as we don’t go in and change anything. I copy/pasted and this is still happening.

Thanks!!

[quote quote=19684]Hey Brian,

Thanks for the work you’ve put into making these! I love them but I have a question (which I see you’ve kind of addressed in previous posts).

Do you have any idea what it is that makes Sunfire/Moonfire spam? The original macro and the updated one work great until Sunfire/Moonfire cast upwards of 8 times in a row. I saw in an earlier post you said that it should work as long as we don’t go in and change anything. I copy/pasted and this is still happening.

Thanks!!
[/quote]

To be honest not really. I did see that a couple times also a little spamming of wrath. To be honest I was trying to cut down on complicating the process keeping in mind I just wanted stuff to fall down before it got to me not caring about how much dps I was doing, I did end up running a dungeon as dps when asked and I actually kept up with other people so not too worried about some miner spamming just keep smacking the button. They spam a lot less then if you change something. If more control is what you need than I would recommend the two macro method, which has already been done.

I also noticed, and this probably wasn’t obious is that with the [nochanneling] on instant casts keep them from canceling the root effect.

Really was just trying to keep it simple.

If I was to speculate I could conclude that the timer is being ignored by the addon but for what reason I do not know as it works with other macros or does it.

if you were to change:

to:

"/castsequence reset=25/target Moonfire,null",
"/castsequence reset=25/target Sunfire,null",

Then the Dots cast only once per target and then not again so great on trash but you loose the DOT on bosses.

Something else about gnome that I noticed and maybe read somewhere. The body of the macro, that is all between the premacro and postmacro is actually a castsequence command with no reset it just rolls on itself. Using the castsequence command like:

'/castsequence reset=target <spell>,<spell>,<spell',

can cause a bottleneck in the macro as it’s trying to cast the entire line before it’s going to the next line stumbling on GCD. So the entire macro stops for that one line and maybe not setting off anything else that is actually ready. Probably put more work into this than I should.

I KNOW WHY MOONFIRE SPAMS!!!. it’s because of the mechanics in the game. Wrath is Solar, Sunfire is Solar, Moonfire is Lunar, Starfall is Lunar, and Starsurge is both Lunar and Solar. Starsurge shares a cooldown and recharge with Starfall. If you burn off Starsurge, which is entirely possible as it’s instant cast at lvl 100; then the only spell available to be used/casted is moonfire in Lunar Eclipse because the charges for Starfall will have been burned off!!!. It’s not an addon issue, it’s a game issue. And still a problem with two macro method in case anyone was wondering.

So yeah… I wasn’t looking at my macro when I wrote this. Starfall isn’t in the macro Starfire is. Starfire is Lunar, and has a 3 second cast time. Wrath has a 2 second cast time. So yeah I still don’t know.

I’m not trying to be a downer with this, but I really don’t ever believe that gnomesequencer will work with a caster. I’ve used gnomesequencer, cast sequence macros etc… forever. I’m maining a boomie/feral and here are a couple reasons why this just doesn’t work.

A LOT of your dps increase comes from exactly when you starsurge or starfire. Starsurge gives a 20% 2-charge buff to starfire when used in lunar side and a 20% 3-charge buff to wrath when used in solar side. Ideally you cast starsurge right before you hit eclipse on either side. For instance an almost perfect opener is pre-cast starfire so it lands as you pull the boss, blow all cooldowns, cast dot, cast ONE starsurge, cast 2 starfire, cast ONE starsurge, cast 2 more starfire, cast ONE starsurge, cast 2 starfire…rinse and repeat until you come out of lunar, then it’s one starsurge, 3 wraths, keep refreshing dots etc… If you blow all your starsurges then you’re missing out on the 20% buff to starfire or wrath. That’s huge. Also if you’re on 3 or more targets, you need to be casting starfall instead of starsurge at all. So ideally you just keep up starfall forever as you get more procs. Boomie in particular is very very focused on what you cast in what order in order to buff your casts. It’s not very hard to learn, but it’s far too situational to use a one button macro without losing 10-15% of your overall dmg. For another instance, what if you leave lunar but you still have one charge of buffed starfire. You should correctly cast another starsurge to get wrath buffs, focus on solar dmg until you come back to lunar, then use that one charge of starfire buff and then cast another starsurge.

The pvp tactics are a whole different ballgame. You just can’t one button macro for boomie. Macros can’t read the situation well enough.

FFs make macros ingame work!
Sequences[‘Boomy’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/use [noform] Moonkin Form
/cast [mod] !Wrath
]],
“/castsequence reset=10 Force of Nature”,
“/cast Starsurge”,
“/cast [nomod] !Starfire”,
“/cast Celestial Alignment”,
PostMacro = [[