6.0 Fire mage

Hi guys,i have no idea what i am doing with making macros but i have been working on a Fire mage macro and well here it is.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/startattack
/castsequence reset=5 Living Bomb,Fireball,Inferno Blast,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Scorch,Inferno Blast,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball
/cast [combat] Ice Floes
/cast [combat] Ice Barrier
/cast [combat] FrostJaw
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

You’re welcome to try it out tweak it what ever. just wanted to try and give back for all you guy do. let me know if it works for you thanks. talents 333113 glyphs Combustion,inferno blast,dragons breath

The problem with one button Fire macros is that Fire is incredibly situational. You pop Inferno Blast when Heating Up procs so doing it that early in the rotation just wastes it.

Honestly Fire is easiest when you just use three buttons.

1. Fireball
  2. Inferno Blast
  3. Pyroblast

My filler spam macro is:

/castsequence reset=5/target Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball

Pretty simple and straight forward. Spams fireball and refreshes Living Bomb on the target.

Whenever Heating Up procs, I use a macro for Inferno Blast which is:

/stopcasting
/cast Inferno Blast

This way even if I’m midway through casting a fireball it will just stop and immediately pop the Inferno Blast. After that casts, just roll your finger on the 3 key and deliver the instant Pyroblast.

Another good macro I keep around if Inferno Blast is on cooldown is simply:

/castsequence reset=2 Combustion, Inferno Blast

Pops Combustion to reset the cooldown on the Inferno Blast and fires off the Inferno Blast right afterwards.

I’m doing about 6k at 533 ilvl with those. Hope it helps!

Thank you for sharing your macros, John. I’m new to the Fire spec, and I’ve found your work incredibly helpful in understanding how this spec’s rotation can be amazingly effective.

I did make a change for mine:

#showtooltip Fireball
/castsequence reset=5/target Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball

I reduced the number of Fireballs cast to three to take advantage of the Living Bomb’s damage boost in the “3-4 sec remains” reset.

Hello all you good ppl out there :smiley:

i’m trying to make a cool Fire GS macro and trying to do so when you are moving you cast Scorch and when you stand still you cast Fireball but at the point i’m am at now can i cast Scorch when i move and Fireball when i stand still but it also cast Scorch when i stand still, so if any of you have an idea for how to “fix” this plzz say

this is how it look atm

Sequences[‘fire’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
]],
‘/cast Fireball’,
‘/cast Scorch’,
PostMacro = [[
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}