Assassination 5.4

Anyone have some new macros for 5.4? Seems some of these that worked great in 5.3 and before arent working now so well at all. Combo points arent building up at all … I do have the legendary cloak but dont think that is the issue. Any ideas?

If you’re willing to test this out I’d appreciate it. My account is temp. locked due to repeated hack & Ddos’ing attacks and my wife doesn’t have a 90 rogue either. Was working on it on Ptr, but, I don’t think it’s a finished product.

#showtooltip Mutilate
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/cast [stealth]Cheap Shot
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Slice and Dice, null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Mutilate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Dispatch
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate
/cast [combat]Shadow Blades
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack

[quote quote=10357]If you’re willing to test this out I’d appreciate it. My account is temp. locked due to repeated hack & Ddos’ing attacks and my wife doesn’t have a 90 rogue either. Was working on it on Ptr, but, I don’t think it’s a finished product.

#showtooltip Mutilate
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

[/quote]

Scratch that. some things aren’t firing off after initial cycle like SnD and a couple other things, but, if someone can build off of it, that’d be cool. Had a buddy that has a rogue and tested it out and said a few things didn’t fire off but he didnt go in detail because he was running late for duty (DPD ftw).

This one is for 100% - 35%

#showtooltip Mutilate
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

This one is for 35% - 0% (as the top one will not rup or env for some reason

#showtooltip Dispatch
/cast [mod] Slice and Dice
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Shadow Blades
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=target Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Rupture, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Dispatch, Envenom, Dispatch, Envenom

AOE (5 or more adds)

#showtooltip fan of knives
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target fan of knives,Slice and Dice,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,fan of knives
/castsequence reset=target fan of knives,fan of knives,crimson tempest,fan of knives,Envenom
/use shadow blades
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

This seems to work for me ensure you have 2x daggers on im pulling 55k with 2x 429 daggers ilvl 490

my spec is 332213

Please can some one test this

New guy here so be gentle. I found out about this site and have been hooked for about a week. I’ve been playing with the macros for all classes and making minor adjustments. For my Rogue I Started with Pee Bee’s three Macros 100%-35%, 35%-0%, and AoE Macro. This works extremely well for my rogue and thought I’d share to see what others think.

Pee Bee 100%-35% Modified:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Mutilate
/cast [stealth]Ambush
/castsequence reset=1/combat/target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Vanish
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

The original left me with 5 stack of anticipation far longer than I wanted.

Pee Bee’s 35%-0% Modified:

#showtooltip Dispatch
/cast [mod] Slice and Dice
/cast [stealth,combat]Ambush
/castsequence reset=1/combat/target Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Rupture,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Envenom,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Envenom
/cast [combat]Vendetta
/cast [combat]Vanish

Again the original left me with more 5 stack of anticipation longer than I wanted.

Pee Bee’s AoE Modified:

#showtooltip Fan of Knives
/startattack
/castsequence reset=1 Fan of Knives,Slice and Dice,Fan of Knives,Fan of Knives,Fan of Knives,Fan of Knives,Crimson Tempest,Fan of Knives
/cast [combat]Vendetta
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

The original was pretty good but this one was a little more streamlined.

Again I’m new and still don’t understand a lot of rules to the macros however the modified versions above worked great for my rogue. I’d welcome any feedback.

nice macros, I tested the first two out this morning for a while.

They work pretty good.

I don’t have any lockups or anything, so that’s always nice =)

I do get to or near my cap (10 CP) often, but I guess that is a good trade off for no lockups. The dps output seems decent.

good job and thank you =)

I have not tested the AoE one yet…

Cant seem to get more then 40K -with 500 Ilvl gear using the macros.

Im a little confused…do i push the button 1 time for the macro or push it manytimes?

Also, I play with latency around 70-80…should I change the .3 to higher or less?

Thanks for any help…

you probably already figured it out, but you mash it repeatedly…

it is not like a bot, where you push it once, and sip from your drink =)

You keep hitting it.

The benefit is you can just push one button (freeing up your action bar, and also focus on the event you are doing, without having to worry about your “rotation”), and drink with the other hand, and not have to worry about what you “should” push for maximum results. You still will not achieve 105% efficiency, but it should be good enough - considering the effort.

Yes, if i understand things properly, you should change the reset to 0.7

Jalisco, Thank you for the information. That is what i thought you did. My rogue is only level 75 atm. I am a very very new, as in a month old player, and am enjoying this rogue a lot.

Right now I am trying to figure out gear. Trying to also figure out stats and these gems you can add to certain things. BOA…legacy and honor gear etc…Confusing to say the least. I played DAoC for 10 years and it seemed easier for stats…I will get it and keep reading.

I had to rework the macro a bit to add the styles that I have available, but probably no where efficient since I am still learning. Although I went into a BG the other night and had max kills and led the alliance…thanks to the macro’s :slight_smile:

Tim

Keep your head up high =)

I had played this game mostly on, and some off, during the past, but took a LONG hiatus for two years. Suffice it to say, I had to learn all the things new again.

I could barely get from major city, to new zones =)

All the talents and skills are different, had to re-setup all my macros, addons, etc…There is so much depth to the game, one can really drown in it, so you just gotta sip it at your own pace, and know that you will get there.

so it just takes a little time and patience. This site is great information for bringing people up to speed.

But, the confusion fades in time.

Mastery comes with time.

[quote quote=11238]New guy here so be gentle. I found out about this site and have been hooked for about a week. I’ve been playing with the macros for all classes and making minor adjustments. For my Rogue I Started with Pee Bee’s three Macros 100%-35%, 35%-0%, and AoE Macro. This works extremely well for my rogue and thought I’d share to see what others think.

Pee Bee 100%-35% Modified:

#showtooltip Mutilate
/cast [stealth]Ambush
/castsequence reset=1/combat/target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Vanish
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

The original left me with 5 stack of anticipation far longer than I wanted.
[/quote]

How can you use this macro if the maximun length macro is 255 characters?

Macro Toolkit from Curse and other addon sites.

Thanks Allen, you are right.
Can anybody explain me the main idea of the 2 main macros (100%-35% and 35%-0%)?. I get confused with so many lines and the 0.3 reset.
Thanks

yea, fran i’ll explain and i hope this is what you wanting to know…

the difference is where in the 100-35% macro Mutilate is the main CP generator and use dispatch on procs and the 35-0% is the execute phase where dispatch replaces Mutilate as the main CP generator.

I am so used to playing my Assassination rogue, that I think to maximize dps you can’t spam just one key. However, I did take what I read on this forum and bind several commands to my mutilate key. This is the macro i am running.

#showtooltip Mutilate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Shadow Blades
/castsequence [@focus] reset=0.3 0,Tricks of the Trade
/cast Mutilate
/startattack

I run this in conjunction with the Rogue Rotation Helper addon and my dps is around 220k easy at 540 ilevel.

Thanks for the reading and help on creating macros.

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0 #showtooltip Mutilate /cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth /cast [stealth]Ambush /castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Slice and Dice, null /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Mutilate /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Vendetta /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Dispatch /castsequence reset=1/combat/target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom /cast [combat]Shadow Blades /cast [combat]Shiv /cast [combat]Vanish /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /startattack /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

This macro keeps locking up when it auto switches targets

I use the 2 macros (modified it as I like to keep shiv as a manual button so took the line out in the macro also the stealth and vanish lines out for same reason) and I am ilvl 566 but my dps seems rather low… around the 200k mark on Garrosh , and I noticed on the logs, that envenom is about 10th on the meter of my dps done… not sure why the macro is not applying envenom more frequently the same with rupture to activate venomous wounds. any help appreciated. Also it does lock up from time to time.

Great job!

I’m using a modified version of it for PVP

#showtooltip Mutilate
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Rupture, null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Mutilate
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Rupture
/use [combat] Shiv
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

To apply Slice and Dice

#showtooltip Marked for Death
/castsequence reset=target Marked for Death,Slice and Dice

TALENTS

I’m confused as to how these macros can be effective if slice and dice isn’t refreshed? When I run them it isn’t (since it only casts once). Also does anyone have any that they are running now fully fleshed out for 5.4?

Thanks!