Blood Death Knight (Newest) GS

Hello all,
These macros have been working for me really well, in Normal, Heroic and Mythic… Even squish I’m still bursting around 14-17k and staying at a consistent 14k through the fight.

Updated: 1/28/15
Talents: 2,3,2,1,3,2,1
Major Glyphs: Anti-Magic Shell, Runic Power, Vampiric Blood
Minor Glyphs: Frost, Grip, Dead
Food: Calamari Crepes
Pre Pot: Draenic Strength Potion
Flask: Greater Draenic Strength Flask | Draenic Stamina Flask (if you need the extra health)

Single-Target:

Sequences['BloodDK'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
	]],
	'/cast !Death Coil',
	'/cast Outbreak',
	'/cast Icy Touch',
	'/cast Plague Strike',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast [combat]Blood Boil',
	'/cast [combat]Remorseless Winter',
	'/cast [combat]Vampiric Blood',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Dancing Rune Weapon',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Death Coil',
	'/cast [combat]Blood Tap',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	'/cast !Bone Shield',
	'/cast Rune Weapon',
	'/cast Anti-Magic Shell',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Rune Tap',
	'/cast !Death Coil',
}

Multi-Target:

Sequences['BloodAoE'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
	]],
	'/cast !Death Coil',
	'/cast !Outbreak',
	'/cast Icy Touch',
	'/cast Plague Strike',
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	'/cast Death Coil',
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast Death Coil',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	"/cast Bone Shield",
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast [combat]Rune Tap',

}

This is what I am using and I really like them, They also work very well in PvP. I hope these work for you guys.

Thanks,
Beef

You pvp as blood? Nice.

With the other popular GS macro on here, there is downtime. Time where my toon will be swinging at mid air or doing nothing. Is this the case with this macro? I’ll position the boss so I can just unload on him and in a tank-and-spank fight, I’ll still hit a “dead spot” in the macro spam where it seems I’m not doing anything.

Do you use any other macros?

[quote quote=22418]You pvp as blood? Nice.
With the other popular GS macro on here, there is downtime. Time where my toon will be swinging at mid air or doing nothing. Is this the case with this macro? I’ll position the boss so I can just unload on him and in a tank-and-spank fight, I’ll still hit a “dead spot” in the macro spam where it seems I’m not doing anything.
Do you use any other macros?
[/quote]

Hey there,

Um you shouldn’t have more than maybe like 1-2 seconds where it will cast an auto attack. Then go back into the rotation. Other than that I tank mythic/heroic on this with this spec and if you have a downtime or lack there of, switch from single target to AOE for maybe a couple seconds then go back into your regular rotation. That should definitely help, I do that normally just because sometimes it will skip the leech, and I don’t like that loss of 2-3 seconds so I will switch between them. I will try it again tonight.

Thanks,
Beef

This is a great macro. I used it for hours last night - major thumbs up. Use this one, people.

You rule Beef.

[quote quote=22448]This is a great macro. I used it for hours last night – major thumbs up. Use this one, people.
You rule Beef.
[/quote]

Thanks Tim. you should try my other one as frost for pvp and arena’s but you fight in blood. Its so much fun.

Thanks,
Beef

Hey Beef,

This is my first time using a GS macro, so forgive my ignorance. Is there a way to make this truly spammable, or do I have to just watch for the GCD to clear? As it stands now, if I just mash the button, it cycles through about 4 abilities before the GCD is up.

My other question is I notice that I sometimes hit the macro and it doesn’t react-- For instance, the macro is showing Blood Boil, I have a Blood rune available, but nothing happens until I hit it a few times. Is this more of a latency-communication error with the server?

Thanks!

Matt

[quote quote=22515]Hey Beef,
This is my first time using a GS macro, so forgive my ignorance. Is there a way to make this truly spammable, or do I have to just watch for the GCD to clear? As it stands now, if I just mash the button, it cycles through about 4 abilities before the GCD is up.
My other question is I notice that I sometimes hit the macro and it doesn’t react– For instance, the macro is showing Blood Boil, I have a Blood rune available, but nothing happens until I hit it a few times. Is this more of a latency-communication error with the server?
Thanks!
Matt
[/quote]

Absolutely, Most of the time depending where I math lag what I have my macros set to I will be doing a lot of different things where it sits there. Moots the time its just basically rune regeneration… Blood dk is one of the hardest macros to make as a separable rotation that will always work just because of the runes and gear, and regeneration. Every single one of these has a factor in it. Once I get the chance to edit my first post I will add all my new blood macros that now as of heroic and mythic, are based off of Mastery which makes you dos amazing as well as not feeling so squishy.

I hope this helps,
Beef

[quote quote=22411]Hello all, These macros have been working for me really well, in Normal, Heroic and Mythic… Even squish I’m still bursting around 14-17k and staying at a consistent 14k through the fight.
Updated: 1/28/15 Talents: 2,3,2,1,3,2,1 Major Glyphs: Anti-Magic Shell, Runic Power, Vampiric Blood Minor Glyphs: Frost, Grip, Dead Food: Calamari Crepes Pre Pot: Draenic Strength Potion Flask: Greater Draenic Strength Flask | Draenic Stamina Flask (if you need the extra health)
Single-Target:

Sequences['BloodDK'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
	]],
	'/cast !Death Coil',
	'/cast Outbreak',
	'/cast Icy Touch',
	'/cast Plague Strike',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Death Coil',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	'/cast !Bone Shield',
	'/cast Rune Weapon',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Rune Tap',
	'/cast !Death Coil',
}
```Multi-Target:

Sequences[‘BloodAoE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast !Death Coil’,
‘/cast !Outbreak’,
‘/cast Icy Touch’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast [combat]Blood Boil’,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Death Coil’,
‘/cast [combat]Vampiric Blood’,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast Plague Leech’,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast Death Coil’,
‘/cast [combat]Blood Tap’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
“/cast Bone Shield”,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast [combat]Rune Tap’,

}

Thanks, Beef
[/quote]

HERO!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY!!!!!

[quote quote=22539]

<div class=“d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beef Wellington wrote:</div>Hello all, These macros have been working for me really well, in Normal, Heroic and Mythic… Even squish I’m still bursting around 14-17k and staying at a consistent 14k through the fight. Updated: 1/28/15 Talents: 2,3,2,1,3,2,1 Major Glyphs: Anti-Magic Shell, Runic Power, Vampiric Blood Minor Glyphs: Frost, Grip, Dead Food: Calamari Crepes Pre Pot: Draenic Strength Potion Flask: Greater Draenic Strength Flask | Draenic Stamina Flask (if you need the extra health) Single-Target:

Sequences['BloodDK'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
	]],
	'/cast !Death Coil',
	'/cast Outbreak',
	'/cast Icy Touch',
	'/cast Plague Strike',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Death Coil',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	'/cast !Bone Shield',
	'/cast Rune Weapon',
	'/cast !Death Strike',
	'/cast Rune Tap',
	'/cast !Death Coil',
}
```Multi-Target:

Sequences[‘BloodAoE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast !Death Coil’,
‘/cast !Outbreak’,
‘/cast Icy Touch’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Death Coil’,
‘/cast [combat]Vampiric Blood’,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast Plague Leech’,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast Death Coil’,
‘/cast [combat]Blood Tap’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
“/cast Bone Shield”,
‘/cast Death Strike’,
‘/cast [combat]Rune Tap’,

}

</blockquote>HERO!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY!!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks,  I am glad that you are happy with them.

Thank you,
Beef

@Beef-

I decide went to blood spec on my DK from Unholy spec and I gotta tell you that the macro you gave us. It worked beautifully!

although you mentioned squishy and I tanked lot of dungeon. A few not whole and noticed little squishy not so bad. The healer able keep up topping my HP.

[quote quote=22673]@Beef-
I decide went to blood spec on my DK from Unholy spec and I gotta tell you that the macro you gave us. It worked beautifully!
although you mentioned squishy and I tanked lot of dungeon. A few not whole and noticed little squishy not so bad. The healer able keep up topping my HP.
[/quote]

That is awesome man! I am so happy that this works for you. Keep on rocking, I changed my spec and macro for better life and self healing with more dos, I will post those very soon.

Thanks,
Beef

So I copied both of your macros 1 at a time. The first macro for single target works, the second macro for group doesn’t work. Is there any coding I need to put between the macro’s to make them function ?The group aoe one has yet to work. So I figure I am missing something to divide the macro’s apart

Blood DK’s are tons of fun, even to quest as blood is a breeze, hard to kill and can dish out more then enough DPS, i use blood for all area’s, pve and pvp, tons of fun and great macros beef they are smooth and work great! my off spec is unholy and still can not find a good macro for that spec, any ideas beef ?

Yeah not matter what i do the AoE macro doesn’t work for me

i dont know if the first 2 macros are broken or what but in a full icc Raid and a 4min dummy test both Icy touch and Plague Strike never went off once and for the most part all it did was spam Death coil and Blood Boil and i did a complete copy/paste and ever went over it line by line i have both macros 100% right could it be im pressing the macro too fast or are they just broke?

How do you make it short like it dont fit my macro can someone tell me how to short it or something please

Has anyone be able to tank with these macros recently?

Doesn’t work for me for some reason…

I Use this one:

-- Blood DK
Sequences['BST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
        limit = limit or 1
        if step == limit then
            limit = limit % #macros + 1
            step = 1
        else
            step = step % #macros + 1
        end
    ]],
    	PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
/cast [nostance:1] Blood Presence

]],
	'/castsequence reset=1 Blood Boil,Death Strike',
	'/castsequence Rune Tap,Outbreak',
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast Death Coil',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast Death Strike',
	PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat]!Vampiric Blood
/cast [combat]!Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [combat]!Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack

]],
}

Talents 2,3,2,3,1,1,2
Glyphs AMS,Vamp.Blood,OUTBREAK <—MANDATORY

Nice macro!

I am still playing with that one but will definitely be updated for 6.1 asap.

Beef