Blood DK Tanking Macros 5.4.7

Hello all again,

I have been messing around with my blood DK trying to make a macro that works as well as having control of maximum Runes as well as putting up high numbers. I have used many of my own and have used many others macros to try and be a great DK tank. I see a lot of other dl’s putting up 3 times the dos I am as tanks and I would really appreciate getting the DK tank back up there as a great tank to have because of survivability as well as dos/aoe dps tanking. I would appreciate the help. Here is what I am rolling with currently.

Spec: 1,3,1,2,2,1
MJ Glyphs: Festering Blood | Pestilence | Vampiric Blood
MN Glyphs: Army | Res Grip | Geiser

Main Rotation: PLEASE HELP

#showtooltip Blood Boil
/castsequence reset=target Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Rune strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Death Siphon
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Heart Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=3 Death Strike,Blood Boil,Heart Strike,Rune Strike,Death Strike
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/cast [combat] Icebound Fortitude
/cast [combat] Bone Shield
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon

Now this macro seems to cover all even ale as long as once in a while you blood boil or you use the macro below to refresh everything.

Aoe Pull: Would love a rotation included with this.

#showtooltip Outbreak
/castsequence reset=3 Gorefiend's Grasp,Outbreak,Blood Boil

My issue is seriously that the gear and gems and talents plus my own attention to detail about what the macro is not doing that I myself need to push still gives me like maybe 40-50k DPS. I would really appreciate some help here as many other people tanks dl’s I see are pulling around 200. Even on my bear tank who is way under geared I am pulling 300+ on trash and a consistent 180 boss. I would really appreciate someone helping me out making a True working Main, AOE, Macros that are spammed and actually work correctly. The ones below are also others that I have tried as Main Single/Aoe rotations spamming.

Fail Main One Test:

/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Blood Boil
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Icy Touch
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Plague Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=3 Soul Reaper,Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,Death Strike
/cast [combat] Death Siphon
/startattack

Fail AOE One Test:

/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Blood Boil
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Icy Touch
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Plague Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=3 Soul Reaper,Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,Death Strike
/cast [combat] Death Siphon
/startattack

Would appreciate the help for as much as I try and help others with their macros. I have also updated all of my macros. and will do so again this afternoon for all my toons.

Thanks

Literally i think i am gonna give up playing my dk :///

I’ll take a look at yours Beef and compare it to the one i’m using atm on my BDK. I mostly have the Timeless Isle 496 for the blood spec because i’ve been working on my main dps spec and tried LFR raiding but have compe up against 500+ ilvl tanks that I cant keep taunt off of on certain fights :smiley:

Well I tried your main macro last night at the Timeless Isle and everything seemed to work fine. I didn’t have any lockups that i noticed but unfortunately I died alot because my blood specs ilvl is around 450 and was stupid by pulling a mass mob of turtles repeatedly. Perhaps when i can get some better gear from there i’ll see if anything changes. I also saw that alot of blood dks are rolling on dps gear also that has mastery just like what prot pallies do

“Literally i think i am gonna give up playing my dk :///”

Don’t give up your DK, just be patient, someone will help you out or try using another blood dk macro, there are some more posts and one might fit your playstyle.

Can someone plz tell me why Horn of Winter goes off but Plague Strike doesn’t anymore in the last line of the macro? I been using this macro for long time other day it just stopped working only the ability in front of it works

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0.0.Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 Obliterate
/castsequence reset=target Horn of Winter,Plague Strike

I early appreciate it but this is the only toon out of 10 that I have that I can’t seem to find a good real working macro, that casts everything when it is suppose to and then for ale casts the proper stuff as well. I mean its ok, that the kind of work and I understand that you have to occasionally use your own spells to make up for lost or missed casts off the macro. ButI LOVE my DK, and can just never ever seem to find or get any macros that really work. I still would appreciate help with the ones I m using. Thanks all I hoe to hear or see a new post on those .

Beef

This is what I am using for my tanking.

#showtooltip Blood Presence
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=5/target Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Rune Strike
/castsequence reset=2 Death Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike
/cast Bone Shield
/cast Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14

Seems to be working just fine.

i still use my old one from 5.2 I posted on the 5.2 dk thread. there a few in there that i still think work. I’ll post the one i used and anyone is welcome to improve on it. It has the blood tap talent and if you don’t like the seizure movements your toon makes because of it, you can use one of the other talents and remove it from the macro

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Rune Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Death Strike
/castsequence reset=target Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null
/castsequence reset=target Heart Strike, Heart Strike ,Death Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Heart Strike, Blood Boil ,Death Strike
/cast [combat] Blood Tap
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Well has anyone done some updates or what BDK macro would currently be the on to go with?

Btw is there a difference between AOE and S tanking macros? OR do thjose in this thread cover both?

Sorry I am new to macroing :wink:

Many thanks!

[quote quote=13118]Well has anyone done some updates or what BDK macro would currently be the on to go with?

Btw is there a difference between AOE and S tanking macros? OR do thjose in this thread cover both?

Sorry I am new to macroing ;)

Many thanks!
[/quote]

most of the blood dks macros still work. you just may have to sift though most of the 5.4 ones and find one that suits and works for you the most. Some of the macros just does everything single and Aoe and not worry about it and some have mod keys for like when you get a blood boil proc and hit the mod key to use it especially if they have the rolling blood talent which triggers pestilence which saves a button press for pestilence if i’m making any sense. I think the only time we’ll have to worry about major updates would be patch 6.0 when they make all the major changes prepping for WoD. Hope this helps in any way.

I currently use this macro

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Icy Touch, Plague Strike,Null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Rune Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Outbreak
/castsequence reset=2 Heart Strike,Death Strike,Blood Boil,Death Strike
/use [combat]Anti-Magic Shell
/use [combat]Bone Shield
/use [combat]Desecrated Ground
/use [combat]Dancing Rune Weapon