Death Knight Help (Frost)

Can someone make me a 2h macro or help me with the one I have? I’ve noticed when Howling blast and/or Frost Strike are ready they don;t get used unless I tap the button manually, and those deal the most damage.

I’m currently using the macro posted by Knarley

This is the macro I use, if you are speaking of the Rime procs for Howling blast, for me it’s on a mod key, so I do it manually basically. As far as KM procs for Frost Strike/Obliterate, I let the macro handle it. Not the most optimal DPS, but IMO it does let you get the most out of your Rime Procs.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [mod]Howling Blast;reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.9 0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=5/target Death's Advance,Plague Strike
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack
/mtce

I’ll try the macro when I get a chance. Just out of curiosity, why isn’t Anti-Magic Shell in any of the macros?

I know in my case, it’s situational, I like to keep it on a seperate button.

build:2,1,2,3,2,3
keep plague strike handy as you will have to reapply it every 15/20 secs
this is the macro I use for pvp if your using it for pve I suggest removing the necrotic strike line. feedback appreciated

#showtooltip obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,howling blast
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,0,0,0,horn of winter
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,0,0,frost strike
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,0,Plague Leech
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,0,obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,0,necrotic strike
/castsequence reset=0.4 0,outbreak
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/cast [mod:alt] Desecrated Ground
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();

Thank you for posting some macros that might help. A few days after posting for help I just decided to DW, seems like I’m doing more damage that way. I’ll keep these macros in mind in case I ever go back to 2H.

anyone know why this macro not working now its worked for a long time. for some reason the Plague Strike in the last castsequence doesn’t fire off no matter what ability I put in front of it

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 Obliterate
/castsequence reset=target Horn of Winter,Plague Strike

Does it cast Horn of Winter? To me it doesn’t look like it would. Anyway, try something like this…

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=target Horn of Winter,Plague Strike

Also, do you use a gamepad, mouse, etc. to spam the button? I do myself, and what you set the delay to can make a big difference on how a macro performs. Ideally you’d want 0ms, but I rarely ever go below 10ms myself. That’s a personal preference really. I spam more than one macro at a time, and it introduces a lot of lag in my case.

yes Horn of Winter goes off . I have put AMS or Mind Freeze in front of Plague Strike goes off but Plague Strike wont fire off unless you have in the castsequence above that line

That makes sense to me actually that it would only cast the first ability, not the sequence.

Logically, you have the castsequence above it as the “main” cast sequence, so it would seem to me, that any castsequence placed after that, either just wouldn’t work, or if anything, only cast the first ability.

im thinking Blizz has done something to the macro cause it worked up to like 2 weeks ago then bam! log in and no longer works I used that macro for atleast a yr

It’s possible, did you give my adjusted macro a try? Just curious, basically all I did was push the Obliterate castsequence back, to make the HoW/PS castsequence more of a priority.

thanks a lot I know what the problem was lol I had
#showtooltip Obliterate
so i tried #showtooltip and works like before.
thx for the help