Demo Lazy Macro (NOT GS!)

I completely understand people enjoy the Gnome Sequencer addon…(I am not gonna rain on peoples parade about this, As it seems to be the bomb for this site now.)

But…For me(And I am sure many others) I am still wary of using it.But if somebody could make up a couple of macros so Demo could work at least decent. (Maybe could just pull from a GS macro and kinda come up with something.)

Right now I have been using this one for Destro:

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/destro-lock-6-0-2-one-button-a-3-part-frankenstein-of-older-macros/

Which works wonders! I am using it to this very day. But I am indeed very aware of that Demo puts out a bit more DPS then Destro does atm. So if somebody could be hero and make something similar to this but be for Demo that would be so awesome!!!

I used to have something. I will try to find it, my cursory scan didn’t find it.

I might have it somewhere on another character.

It should work.

The downside in relation to GS, is that either (a.) lockups can occur (trying to use a spell on cooldown), or (b.) WAY less than optimum results.

By using any macro, you are already surrendering optimal results =9 The goal is to stay within 5% of optimum.

All that said, it wasn’t a “one-button” solution.

It was two =) But, still, should be doable.

Nah, I do fine with Destro. I get around 27-29k on most fights. (My ilevel is 665 right now.)

But as always that a good dps should do as you pointed out, You always want to see what you can do on your share of a given fight to pump out as much you can! :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried trying to get your 3 macro thingy(3 buttons.) from here to work:

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/gnomesequencer-for-demonology/

But I can seem to get Shadow Bolt to fire on the first macro.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence
/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence
/use [noform: 0] Metamorphosis
/castsequence Hand of Gul’dan
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/15 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life Tap,Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life Tap,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Life Tap,Shadow Bolt,Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt

Here is 2nd Macro: (Which seems to work fine I think.)

/use [noform: 1] Metamorphosis
/castsequence reset=target/5 Doom,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/5 Touch of Chaos,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt
/castsequence Dark Soul: Knowledge
/castsequence [combat] Imp Swarm
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

And the 3rd macro: (Not sure if this one is working correctly.)

/castsequence Hand of Gul’dan
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/15 Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Life Tap,Corruption,Soul Fire,Life Tap,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Corruption,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Life Tap,Soul Fire,Corruption,Soul Fire

If you wondering why not I just dont simply use the GS addon? Just scares the hell out of me of getting my account banned. Just taking a very huge risk to take with your main account. If they up and you know what I mean? Decide to ban people from using it.

But any help would be very appreciated…

yo man, I don’t love GS either AHK so…take a look at this

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/warlock-demo-6-0-2-pvp/

Alessandro’s macros look good, if you don’t want to be too lazy =)

AFAIK, you can’t get banned for using GS, and worse case, I assume absolute worse case is you would get like a 24-48 hour ban or something like that as a warning. Blizzard lets botter run wild for ages and without punishment. In other words, they are light with punishment, and really only ban accounts when the abuse if flagrant. Think about it, why throw away a paying customer??

I am not too worried about it.

Since the beginning of time, Blizzard has always allowed the use of macros and somewhat “game simplification” for those that want it. That is far from botting.

Here is some primitive non-GS macros I dug up:

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target/10 Corruption,Hand of Gul'dan,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Hand of Gul'dan,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt
/use [combat] Blood Fury
/use [combat] 13

And, one for Meta:

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target/10 Doom,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire
/use [combat] Blood Fury
/use [combat] 13

These were used before I was level 100, and a while ago.
I would assume, if you wanted to, you could simple take out this line:
/castsequence [nochanneling] Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Soul Fire,Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire
and replace with:

/castsequence [nochanneling] Touch of Chaos,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt

And, just do all Soul Fire’s manually, that should work?

Test it out and lemme know if it works =P

Funny thing is, these worked rather good - I wonder why I even used GS? =) Then, I remembered, I used it for other characters. But, for warlocks, the above should work nicely.

Jalisco

Thanks for the help. Yeah I basically came up with something. (Really sucks when they took out the 0’s on our macros as this would make everything fire off so much frickin better.)

Button 1:

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/castsequence [noform] reset=target/20 Corruption,null
/cast [combat] Shadow Bolt
/cast [combat] Hand of Gul’dan
/petattack

Everything seems to be going off. (I spam this one until I have full demonic fury.)

Then I mash button 2:

#showtooltip metamorphosis
/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast Dark Soul
/use 13
/use 14

I was having issues with demonbolt and mark of chaos firing off, Soo… I just made it on separate button.

#showtooltip demonbolt
/castsequence [nochanneling] Touch of Chaos,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt

And then lastly, Spam off my stacks of Soul Fire.

As with demo, I run into mana issues…So I use Life Tap

Its bit of a pain in the ass, But best I can come up with. If anyone can do better or see something I missed or you know…Whatever the case my be? By all means…Help yourself on it! lol

I really hope that one day, That they do bring back the “0’s” commands. It would make things so much easier.

Anyways, Here is best I got thus far. Talents are 1, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1, 1

Button 1:

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
/castsequence reset=60 imp swarm
/cast [pet:Felguard] Felstorm
/use [combat] 13
/use healthstone
/petattack

Spam this until you have plenty of demonic fury…

Button 2: (Meta starter)
#showtooltip metamorphosis
/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Dark Soul
/use healthstone
/use 13
/use 14

Button 3:
#showtooltip demonbolt
/use healthstone

Spam this until you get back into normal form…

Button 4:
#showtooltip Soul Fire
/cast [combat] Soul Fire
/use healthstone
/petattack

Spam off your stacks of Soul Fire.

I hope I got this right. I seem to be doing OK with it. I pugged a H-highmaul this morning and did pretty well. :slight_smile:

Hello Roy,

As you can see I followed your advice and I am here :slight_smile:

Noxxic and SC do show Demo over Destro and I have been Demo from my Character inception, changed to Destro in Panda Age, but always missed my demonic black self.

I’ve been studying the “new Demo” and reconfiguring the Demo UI that was abandoned since Cata; now it’s macro time, but … I have a request.

You see, I’m really LAZY, and having had two strokes didn’t help either, but the real thing is that I’m used to it and men are, but habit animals :smiley:

Can you reduce the four macros to just only one using modifier keys? Say ALT, CTRL, CMD?

That would make my WoW existence an easy one.

I know that many people don’t like using modifiers, but those are already served lol

Cheers

I dont like those MOD commands either, Im sorry.

But I was thinking of changing a talent to make it a bit easier? So it would be at least down 2 buttons. (Reg form and Meta form) Although demobolt seems to be the better part of a demo’s DPS tho. It may be a huge DPS loss. I am not sure yet.

I am kinda busy tonight with family, But I will look into as I do have a raid tomorrow. :slight_smile:

But I hear ya, Some of those fights in BRF require alot of awareness? And its nice having a really lazy macro so you dont have to worry so much about rotation… lol

Take care.

According to Noxxic, Icy Veins and Simulation Craft, IT IS :slight_smile:

Thus the MOD option.

For instance one old Demo macro I used in Cata was like this:

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [mod:shift]Metamorphosis;[noform]reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [mod:ctrl]Corruption;[noform]reset=target Corruption,null

As almost anything in this life MODs are a thing one gets used to, as few it is a good thing when you become addict to it :slight_smile:

But then again that’s just MHO.

Cheers

Best I can do is this. What I am using thus far. (3 buttons.)

Your opener. (Make sure you have your Terrorguard out and pre-pot)

#showtooltip Shadowbolt
/cast [pet:wrathguard] Wrathstorm
/use [combat] 13
/use healthstone
/petattack

If you wanted to put in a mod command you could try:

/cast [mod:ctrl,combat] Soul Fire

And put that in after Shadowbolt I guess. (But I am not sure if it will work as I am not good in that area.)

Meta Macro:

/castsequence reset=target/5 Doom
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/5 Touch of Chaos,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt
/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
/cast [combat] Imp Swarm
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

And then I just spam off my stacks of Soul fire on button 3.

Button 4, I have life tap if I have mana issues.

Hi Roy,

I made a macro last night using macro toolbox/kit cant remember what its called.

Seems to work very well, its just a modified version of the Gnome sequencer version. It has ZERO mod keys however its not a true 1 button. I have a guild raid tonight, gonna test it there, and if im happy with it ill post the whole macro here tomorrow.

However on a test dummy at 660ilvl I sit on 21kish dps. As destruction I would normally sit just over 22k.

In first 2 wings of Highmaul LFR, I was sitting on around 29-31k (25kish as Destro). With a my dps peaking at 64k using my opener (and a pot!). Keeping in mind that all my gear is tailored to +Crit for Destro. I believe my dps would be even higher if I re-enchanted my gear to +Mastery.

Ill see how I go on the guild raid tonight, and if im happy ill post the macro :slight_smile:

Hey Peter,

Did you have any luck with the macro? Keen to try it out tonight if you’re able to share?

Thanks for your support on this!

Regards,
Matt.

Hi Matt,

Ill post it tonight (im in AUS) so that will be about 8hrs from this post as its 5am here atm.

Regarding the macro, it did alot better then I thought it would, but given cooldown of spells like HoG it does require some thinking on your feet to use - thus why I mentioned its not a true 1 button.

Ill explain further when I post it tonight :slight_smile:

Yeah please do post that , As I struggle at times with DEMO myself. :slight_smile:

Ok here it is. Firstly, its not a true one button macro! You will still need 4 buttons.

Opener (use at 4secs before pull)
/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Soul Fire,Corruption,Hand of Gul’dan,shadow bolt,shadow bolt, Hand of Gul’dan,Metamorphosis,Dark Soul: Knowledge,Doom,Demonbolt,Demonbolt

MANUALLY CAST PET ATTACK & Doomguard/Terrorguard for max opener. I did put pet in, but it will attack and pull boss prematurely.

Rotation;
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target/12 Hand of Gul’dan,Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Hand of Gul’dan,Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt
/cast [pet:Felguard] Felstorm
/use [combat] 14
/use [combat] 13

This is your normal rotation - spam macro.

METAMORPHOSIS
/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target/10 Doom,null
/castsequence Dark Soul: Knowledge
/use [combat] 14
/use [combat] 13

You will need to cast Soul fire manually, as its proc’s are simply RnG. I found its best to cast with 2 stacks for maximum results. Also you will have to Life Tap manually also.

Talents are; 2 2 3 2 3 1 1.
Glyphs; Dark soul.

You will find that occasionaly Corruption will fall off and it “may” get stuck on HoG, This is because you may go into META at certain stage of the rotation macro, and HoG may be on CD, usually its only about 2 seconds or so. I’ve tried to make down time limited, but because the spec is quite RnG imho it wont ever be perfect.

Let me know what you all think!

Thank you Peter :slight_smile:

doesnt work for me. gets locked up after soul fire. rotation does not work either for me. but thank you for posting been waiting on this one

figured it out… with some tinkering. had to type out hand of gul’dan and a couple other things to make it work. also tinkered with your macro as well. works great hope the nerf to demonbolt isnt too bad. thanks again!