Dot Weaving macro

I’m working on a dot weaving macro for my casual SP and so far this is what I have:

Build: 3133131

Glyphs: Reflective Shield, Mind Flay, Fade

Stat: Mastery/Multi

Sequences[‘SPS’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/castsequence reset=40 Halo’,
‘/castsequence reset=180 Shadowfiend’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=combat Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

The only problem so far is the Mind Flay casts 4 times in a row after Devouring Plague instead of 2. Any ideas why?

Basically I’ve read/am trying to attempt:

(MB > MS x3) x4
SW:P > VT > MB > DP > MF x2
MB > DP > MF x2

then back to the top of rotation.

Gearscore is: 649

Dummy DPS with macro: 11k

I believe this is a bug with Mind Flay / Insanity. I reported it to Blizzard a while back (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700249909#1), but they have yet to fix it. :frowning:

Reduce the number of Mind Flays in your sequence until it works as you want it to.
Thats what I had to do in my Swap Bar Macro.

Blizz’s mechanics for Insanity will add two Mind Flay Insanity’s between the Devouring Plague and the following Mind Flay. (extracted from: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6214)

Also look at :http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6397

I am no good at writing these but do use and modify them if I can.

Hope this helps you

Sequences[‘SPS’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/castsequence reset=40 Halo’,
‘/castsequence reset=180 Shadowfiend’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=combat Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Did a few tweaks so that Mind Blast fires every time, since it has a 10.2 sec cooldown. I convert all ’ to [[ & ]] as it causes zero errors for me.

Sequences["Dots"] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [noform] !Shadowform ]], [[/castsequence reset=10.2 Mind Blast]], [[/castsequence reset=40 Halo]], [[/castsequence reset=180 Shadowfiend]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay]], PostMacro = [[ /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); ]], }

Hi there,

Ive copied and pasted the above GS but when i create the macro it des not create the text in the macro box.

I use GS and use alot of the macros from this site so i know im copying in the right place.

Any suggestions?

Jon

Okay, I just got this working, and it may not be perfect. And there will be some clipping of dots, especially if you have a trinket (or enchant) with a haste proc/activation. But it does work. I’ve been testing it out for a couple of hours without too much trouble.

Sequences['OneButton'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 0
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/cast [nomod] Mind Blast',
	'/cast [nomod] Mind Spike',	
	'/castsequence [nomod:shift,mod:ctrl] reset=5 Mind Spike, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast',
	'/cast [mod:shift,mod:ctrl] Mind Flay',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 1
]],
}

(I used these mod buttons because I have shift bound to a thumb mouse button.)

Here’s how it works. You start by spamming the button without any modifier. Then, after building up to 4 shadow orbs, you hold down the ctrl key. That starts the dot weaving sequence. Then, after DP is cast, you hold down the shift key (while still holding ctrl). You continue to spam Mind Flay / Insanity until there’s less than 1 second left on the insanity buff, then let go of shift. When DP is cast a second time, you again hold down shift and spam MF/Insanity. Then when insanity expires you let go of both ctrl and shift and start back at the top. This is also a good time to cast Shadowfiend or Halo, since that can sometimes get you through your last dot ticks. I didn’t put halo or shadowfiend in the macro because it slows it down too much, and the macro starts to lag a bit instead of smoothly casting. YMMV.

So to recap (assuming turbo button):

1. Hold button until 4 orbs.
  2. Hold ctrl + button until DP is cast.
  3. Hold ctrl + shift + button until Insanity is about to fall off.
  4. Let go of shift, still holding ctrl + button until DP is cast a second time.
  5. Hold ctrl + shift + button until Insanity is about to fall off.
  6. Let go of shift, still holding ctrl + button. Let the last Mind Blast fire off.
  7. Go back to step 1.

Manually cast Halo and Shadowfiend either somewhere in step 1 or after step 6.

This will give you (MB, MS x 3) x 3, MB, MS, SWP, VT, MB, DP, MFI -> , MB, DP, MFI ->, repeat.

One more macro, mostly the same as above. This one uses Insanity, Clarity of Power, and Glpyhed Shadow Word: Death. Seems to have slightly higher DPS, and avoids clipping more regularly. It uses glyphed Shadow Word: Death to fill in some gaps in the rotation and let the dots tick completely. It also allows Mind Blast to be cast on cooldown, but it does lose a couple of ticks of Insanity.

Sequences['OneButtonGD'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 0
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/cast [nomod] Mind Blast',
	'/cast [nomod] Mind Spike',
	'/castsequence [nomod:shift,mod:ctrl] reset=5 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death',
	'/cast [mod:shift,mod:ctrl] Mind Flay',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 1
]],
}

What kind of DPS should I be getting on the Garrison dummy at 637 iLvl? I’m getting 8.5-9k with the following macro

Sequences['ShadDPS'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
]],
[[/castsequence [nomod:alt,nochanneling] reset=5.3 Mind Blast]],
[[/castsequence [nomod:alt,nochanneling] reset=25 Cascade]],
[[/castsequence [nomod:alt,nochanneling] reset=180 Shadowfiend]],
[[/castsequence [nomod:alt,nochanneling] Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Spike]],
[[/castsequence [mod:alt,nochanneling] reset=12 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sorry but can you do one with out mods?