Enhance 6.0.2: Action Swap Attempt

Hello everyone,

I am a bit new to the idea of macroing and decided to take a stab at the current dilemma of disabled scripts in 6.0. Below you will find my attempt at a single target 4 bar swap macro. This is the first swap macro I’ve ever attempted and am sure it could use some tweaking. I’ve left out the UI spam and SFX toggles for now, just going barebones for now.

For those of you who do not know what Action Bar Swapping is, it’s simple. Place each macro on it’s own hotbar, in the same slot. You will then press that button repeatedly, causing the hotbars to change in sequence and activate each of the 4 macros. more in-depth information can be found here(Thanks to Brad for bringing it back and MJ for the original post): Multi cast bar macro tutorial. - Lazy Macros - WoW Lazy Macros

Macro 1 for Hotbar 1: Casts Flame Shock and Frost Shock at a 1:3 ratio as well as searing totem periodically if you do not have fire elemental out. Also activates all CDs except for pets.

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [nopet:] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] Elemental Mastery
/cast [combat] Ancestral Guidance
/cast [combat] Shamanistic Rage
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Macro 2 for Hotbar 2: A rotation of Unleash Elements, Lava Lash and Stormstrike. This may vary for you and could really be iffy with haste procs. Bottom line, I felt that this rotation was solid and had very little time where an ability would be up and unused.

#showtooltip 
/castsequence Unleash Elements, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Unleash Elements, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Unleash Elements, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Stormstrike
/swapactionbar 2 3
/startattack

Macro 3 for Hotbar 3: I tried weaving wolves with elementals but it seems to work better alone.

#showtooltip 
/castsequence  Feral Spirit
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

Macro 4 for Hotbar 4: Just to summon your elementals.

#showtooltip 
/castsequence Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental Totem
/swapactionbar 1 4
/startattack

Again, none of this is perfect and this is my first attempt. Please let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have.

Happy Macroing!

Doh - First thanks for the help. New to shaman and I feel like im playing a game of wack a cooldown (mole) on dps rotation and not comfortable in other mechanics (cd’s, cc, heals, etc).

So thank you for the help,

With toolkit being down; how do you get the macro in being larger than 255?

Anytime!

You have two options, one: split the /casts from the first macro into the other 3. The first macro is really the only one that is greater than 255, the other 3 can easily handle another line.

Otherwise, download KayrMacro from wowinterface found here: KayrMacro - Advanced Macros and Expanded Storage : Utility Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns

It’s a little different than MacroToolKit but pretty simple. When you open your macro interface, you’ll see a huge grid of prefilled macros. Pick one, click the “Activate” check box, decide if you want it to be character, class, or account wide, and then paste in the macro. When you are typing the macro in KM, you’ll need to use shift+enter to go to a new line as just enter alone will save the macro(also something you need to do).

Let me know if you need any other assistance!

is the macro hitting windstrike in rotation? maybe its just me but it look like it wasnt when ascendence was hit. again maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.

also searing totem will replace fire ele

Thanks, got it installed and everything seems to be hitting off; went back through to make sure all the spells were hitting in the log and they did indeed.

Thank You!

[quote quote=16305]is the macro hitting windstrike in rotation? maybe its just me but it look like it wasnt when ascendence was hit. again maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.

also searing totem will replace fire ele
[/quote]

my bad the fire elemental is my thing cause my spec didnt have primal. Still to me looks like its not usint windstrike when it comes up? stormstrike wont make it get used will it since it has different name?

You’re absolutely right and I was just coming here to post about this and look for suggestions. The only time it fudges is, as you said, when Windstrike comes into play due to Ascension. This is where my lack of macro knowledge will put me at a standstill for a moment. If anyone know how to account for abilities that change name, or if there is anyway to change a cast sequence based on applied buffs, that would be our best route. Otherwise, maybe a modification key to use Windstorm during Ascension.

Long story short, I’m going to do some research now and get back to you :slight_smile:

blizz should have made stormstike have the same name or put it in () windstrike when ur in Ascension form …make life easier

I have done some tests and for me windstike does seem to work… I think in the macro stormstrike will become windstirke in ascension form

what kind of dps is everybody pulling with this im not pulling much so just wondering if im doing something wrong

Evening DoHBoY,

Macro toolkit is up and working again now it seems so do you think this can all be put into one macro again? i have read that the only macros that are not working are the ones with the “0” in them, “castsequence” lines seem to be ok and something about them only going off when needed was also said, im not sure how much of this is true however, Also would you be able to put together an AoE one too?

Thanks on behalf of all enhancement shammys everywhere :slight_smile:

[quote quote=16532]Evening DoHBoY,
Macro toolkit is up and working again now it seems so
[/quote]

Do you have the download link for this, because I am not seeing a 6.0+ version of it anywhere???

Hey daimyoo,

I didn’t download a new version it just started working again, not sure if something on blizzards end might of changed our not, very spooky but good :-),

Although all the macros in the global tab work the other tabs are having issues, and of course the old scripting is still not what it was, I think it’s going to have to be work around for a while

Hi,

Great work going on here, I’m all thumbs and rubbish at macros, so really appreciate the effort. What action bar add-on are you using? I use Elvui, however, it doesn’t seem to support 1 kkey being assigned to more than 1 action bar, so currently there is no swapping for em atm, I’ve asked the question at Elvui if it can be made available, but In the mean time I need to change my set up.

Cheers

Awesome work on this set. I believe its the old 5.4 broken apart, which is the exact same thing i was going to work on this morning. with that said thank you DohBoy you saved me a headache or 2. I will give it a once over and see if i can come up with any changes but from what i see looks good. Thanks again and i have fwd this one to a few people looking for enhancement :slight_smile:

After messing around with this for a few days, I notice times where lava’s cd ends before stormstrikes but it prioritizes lavas ALWAYS after stormstrike; so you may be sitting on a LL for 4+ seconds on a bad rotation; on average i’d say 2-3 seconds because of its priority of Stormstrike THEN Lava. Is there a way to fix that in a bar swap mod? I have no idea; just been testing and curious. Thanks for the imput Doh.

To add to that; Echo of Elements seems like a pretty strong talent since patch day; and I feel the same fix would make that talent possible. Without that prioritization, you could use that free lava lash when it pops.

Doh; I thought i would double check after posting to make sure its accurate and I believe it is. Also; while in Ascendence; Windstrike seems to go off; once, maybe twice, and Lava lash does not. Tested several times to make sure LL did not go off. I’d fix it but I have no clue; so i don’t mind reporting back to ya :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the time again!

Doh,
Easy Fix (well after going to bed pissed it wasn’t firing as it should, damn spelling errors)

Here’s what I came up with based from Doh’s Bar Swap. This also fixed windstrike and Lava to fire on cd during ascendence when popped and can also be used with EotE. I have also considered a 5th bar swap for elements as they sometimes make defensive macros pop a little too early. I also increased the rotation on Flame Shock, Frost, Frost, etc. The reason here is that flame’s shocks cd is a LOT longer than Frosts keeping a better dps lead during fights. You may want to bind flame shock incase of a early removal. Flame tends to reaply under 10s left on duration now which also manages the GCD spam of searing totem a little better from the shorter rotation. Anywho, this is what I came up with - most thanks to DohBoy!

Bar swap 1

#showtooltip
/cast Unleash Elements
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Bar swap 2

#showtooltip
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [nopet:] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/swapactionbar 2 3
/startattack

Bar swap 3

#showtooltip
/castsequence Stormstrike
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

Bar swap 4

#showtooltip
/castsequence Lava Lash
/swapactionbar 1 4
/startattack

Burst Macro

#showtooltip
/cast Ascendance
/cast Heroism
/cast Feral Spirit
/startattack

Defensive Macro

#showtooltip
/cast Astral Shift
/cast Ancestral Guidance
/cast Stoneform
/startattack

[quote quote=16888]Doh,
Easy Fix (well after going to bed pissed it wasn’t firing as it should, damn spelling errors)

Here’s what I came up with based from Doh’s Bar Swap. This also fixed windstrike and Lava to fire on cd during ascendence when popped and can also be used with EotE. I have also considered a 5th bar swap for elements as they sometimes make defensive macros pop a little too early. I also increased the rotation on Flame Shock, Frost, Frost, etc. The reason here is that flame’s shocks cd is a LOT longer than Frosts keeping a better dps lead during fights. You may want to bind flame shock incase of a early removal. Flame tends to reaply under 10s left on duration now which also manages the GCD spam of searing totem a little better from the shorter rotation. Anywho, this is what I came up with – most thanks to DohBoy!

Bar swap 1

#showtooltip
/cast Unleash Elements
/swapactionbar 1 2
/startattack

Bar swap 2

#showtooltip
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/castsequence [nopet:] reset=target Searing Totem,Flame Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock,Frost Shock
/swapactionbar 2 3
/startattack

Bar swap 3

#showtooltip
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

Bar swap 4

#showtooltip
/castsequence Lava Lash
/swapactionbar 1 4
/startattack

Burst Macro

#showtooltip
/cast Ascendance
/cast Heroism
/cast Feral Spirit
/startattack

Defensive Macro

#showtooltip
/cast Astral Shift
/cast Ancestral Guidance
/cast Stoneform
/startattack

[/quote]

so seems like the dps went up a bit from the original form of macro to this one although i still combined cds with the stormstrike part of macro. as much tseting i have done i still dont see windstrike hitting when ascendence is up.

here is my stormstrike macro

#showtooltip
/castsequence Feral Spirit
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] Ancestral Swiftness
/cast [combat] Ancestral Guidance
/swapactionbar 3 4
/startattack

also added the 5th bar with elementals just cause especially when farming i like to not have to think or lfr raiding when i want to zone out lol. anyways tell me if im doing something wrong and making windstrike not hit correctly.

edit: just a thought what about putting stormstrike on the same bar and using button position rather than stormstrike? that would account for windstrike wouldn’t it?

k just to let people know after doing testing i now have a 6 bar rotation, inlcluding all cds but hero being used. Elementals in rotation as well. Instead of cast stormstrike i have one of the bars in rotation hitting the stormstrike button on that bar and now is hitting both stormstrike and windstrike correctly. Was able to up dps about 2k with macro with the new 6 bar setup (over about 10 mins of testing)