GS BM ST Macro

Below is my my BM’s macro that I’ve cobbled together and have tested over time; to many of you out there who provided the inspiration–I thank you.

Seamless and powerful.; the macro got hung up only once–and I think that was due to a lag spike; months ago now.

To be honest, I never post my macros–I am a PVPer and loathe the thought of going up against my own macro(s). However, I have been seeing a long, slow decline in hunter abilities since Cata (remember Wing Clip, anyone?). Because of this, I have to give up Hunter as a viable top-of-the-ladder class and therefore am posting it here for everyone.

Several points about this macro:

-You can use it for PVE or PVP
-Shuts off Growl when in a party/raid & turns on Growl when soloing
-Can swap Powershot, Glaive Toss, and Barrage easily; all three are effective
-Heads up: this macro is THIRSTY! Putting all kinds of pain on the baddie in front ofyou, the macro runs just an inch away from becoming focus-starved. You will need to set up a FF macro with stopcast on its own keybind during periods when your focus runs low. It would look something like this in the in-game macro editor:

/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast focus fire

-Kill shot is at the beginning of the macro due to GS’s 1,2,3,4,5,etc sequencing; I find it to be most effective at that location.
-If you want a higher DPS and/or do not use Spirit Beasts, just remove the Spirit Beast heal line from the macro. Personally, I know from experience that it drives opposing players crazy when they go against a self-healing hunter in PVP.
-Same thing goes for the automatic Misdirection cast in the macro; just remove the line if you want Misdirection on a separate keybind.
-If your ferocity pet dies, the macro automatically casts HotP.
-I have a Razer and have it set to toggle on/off for latency time for the distance bewteen the server and where I live; about .050 seconds. You will need to toggle off the macro (stopcasting) if you plan to use your traps.
-This macro stops Barrage from being interrupted while it is being channeled, so it makes full use of the pain that the talent brings.
-Happy hunting! Please let us know how this macro works for you.

Glyphs: Mirrored Blades, Animal Bond, Camouflage
Talents: 3,3,2,3,1,3,3

Sequences['BMpwnage'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/stopmacro [channeling:Barrage]
/cast [nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Heart of the Phoenix
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/castsequence reset=target !Kill Shot,!Kill Shot',
	'/cast [@YOURPETSNAMEHERE] Misdirection',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 !Barrage',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 !Glaive Toss',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=45 !Powershot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Dire Beast',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Kill Command',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 Glaive Toss',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=10 Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Concussive Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Intimidation',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Claw',
	'/cast [nochanneling,combat] Bestial Wrath',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast [@YOURTOONSNAMEHERE]Spirit Mend
/use [combat] 13
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

–John Q.

Good day.
I am sorry my english skills are bad.
Thanks for the input.
The macro is excellent had a considerable increase in DPS
Please do not give the hunter despite the difficulties we have now a day it improves.

Thank you for sharing this Macro, I will test it out on a few bosses in HFC. Question I do have is why is Bestial Wrath at the bottom of the macro wouldn’t you want this much higher so you are saving not only focus throughout the macro but gaining dps as well?

Sure Dugall, you can move it/replace the Dire Beast line, since I no longer use that talent and if you want to use the ones that I do.

–John Q.

Excellent script, even used the same glyphs you recommended, but not seeing high enough output for DPS when used in a PvE capacity. But man oh man, it sure is nice for PvP! Thanks for the script!

Thank you, Nick; glad you liked the macro!

TBH, I have improved on that macro and get better numbers with the newer one. I will post it below for you, but there are some things to take into account before I do…and it seems it goes against conventional wisdom, but Recount doesn’t lie…

-There is no Arcane Shot in this one; I prefer to save focus for Barrage and Kill Command so they are always on-hand and ready-to-go; every 20 seconds for the first and every 6 for the latter.

-After running recount multiple times using different talents, I now use Frozen Ammo instead of Adaptation for both PVE and PVP. There are multiple benefits for doing so; they are:

*Focus-saving, I have removed Conc Shot from both the macro and from even my UI. (Frozen Ammo is even better than Conc Shot for stopping zerging meleee who feel the need to-tattoo-themselves-to-my-face…AND is REALLY great for chasing down/slowing fleeing EFCs in BGs).
*Gives a DPS boost, even with the loss of the benefits in Adapation, as auto-shots now have a little DPS boost each time they fire off.
*Was able to take Intimidation out of the macro, freeing the GCD for more DPS.
*Misdirection is off the GCD last time I checked, but make sure that you use the correct corresponding pet number from your bestiary in the following line in the macro:

'/cast [@pet 1] Misdirection',

-The macro shuts off the Trap Launcher, so that my traps are placed right at my feet as I DPS; great for keeping above-state melee off of you. If you want to lob a trap, you will need to turn it back on before doing so.

-Not using Adaptation causes pets to be focused down a bit more, so the solution to that actually provided another hidden CC/interrupt; by re-speccing my pet to the Tenacity tree instead of Ferocity or Cunning, I gained the pet ‘Charge’ ability. I even made a macro with the ability. It is now part of my UI. I still kept my spirit beast for the added heal + Mastery buff.

-Do not worry about the [nomod] that you see in the macro; it will not affect performance in any way. That mod that you see is for my own use for my healing macro (yes, I’ve even Lazy Macro’d my self-heals); feel free to remove [nomod] if you like.

Glyphs: Animal Bond, Explosive Trap, Mirrored Blades

Talents: 3,3,1,2,1,3,1

Annnnd wallla…there you have it! Higher DPS in both PVE and PVP, and a near-constant slow on ALL single targets.

Once again, happy hunting! And please let me know if you like it and/or are having problems with the macro.

–John Q.

Sequences['BMpwnage'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cancelaura Trap Launcher
/stopmacro [channeling:Cobra Shot]
/cast [nomod][nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Heart of the Phoenix;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet
]],
	'/cast [nomod] !Kill Shot',
	'/cast [@pet 1] Misdirection',	
	'/cast [nomod] !Dire Beast',
	'/cast [nomod] Tranquilizing Shot',
	'/cast [nomod][combat] Bestial Wrath',
	'/cast [nomod] !Kill Command',
	'/cast [nomod] !Barrage',
	'/cast [nomod] Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack
/cast [nomod] A Murder of Crows
/use [nomod][combat] 13
]],
}

Here is better Misdirection Macro. With it, if you focus on the tank it will misdirect to him, but if he is dead or you are solo, it will misdirect to you pet. Also it will misdirect to whichever pet you have active, and not just to a named pet.

/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection

No reason to focus a tank if you don’t PVE. But either way works fine.

I think I am a little thrown off by adding 2 lines of !Kill Shot.

The redundancy of the Kill Shots follow GS’s 1,2,3,4,etc. cycling. Since Hunters do not suffer a cooldown on any first-time KS which fails to kill, so too does the macro gives you a second opportunity to finish off your target.

That being said, the reason there are so many KSs in the macro is because I wanted it to always be ever-ready for use.

Hope that helps to explain things better.

–John Q.

John,

i am trying to get your macro to work but it is not working im not sure what is wrong all it does is bestial wrath and what kind of dps are you getting with this in a pve setting?

thanks

Hi and thanks for trying out the macro!

There is a quick fix for the macro. It is not working for you because my main pet pet #1 in my bestiary is the one that I’ve written this macro for. You are most likely using your pet #2,3,4, or 5.

So, you have two choices:

The first is to remove the following line from the pre-macro:
`/cast [nomod][nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Heart of the Phoenix;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet’

Or the second choice is to simply change the “call pet” number in the above line to correspond with the one that you are using.

After you have made your changes, save your Sequences then reload your UI with the /reload command. I am certain that it will work for you then.

As far as the DPS varies.

With PVP gear (ilvl 625), I pull 30-35 sustained on dummies (sustained, with Greater Draenic Agility Flask, but no food or runes) and am pulling a little higher with my (mostly) PVE gear @ ilvl 701 = 30-33k (sustained, with Greater Draenic Agility Flask, but no food or runes).

In LFR raids with food, rune, and buffs, I pull between 35-38k. I am sure that there are macros out there that will pull more in PVE; however, this one almost never jams (unless I experience a lag spike and need to reload). But I use this one for the built-in peeling factor and that it is great for flag chasing in PVP…really puts the breaks on those pesky EFC rogues! >:)

Let me know if it works out for you.

–John Q.

John…the macro works like a dream.

God I’d love to see your Sequences.lua :slight_smile:

many thanks.

Les

John,
An excellent Script, I put my spin on it into two scripts:

Sequences['Prey'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cancelaura Deterrence
/stopmacro [channeling:Cobra Shot]
/cast [@pet,dead]Heart of the Phoenix;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet
]],
        '/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 1] Claw',
	'/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 2] Claw',
	'/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 3] Froststorm Breath',
	'/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 4] Double Bite',	
	'/castsequence reset=target !Kill Shot,!Kill Shot',
	'/cast [@pet] Misdirection',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 !Barrage',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 !Glaive Toss',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=45 !Powershot',
        '/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 1] Claw',
	'/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 2] Claw',
	'/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 3] Froststorm Breath',
	'/cast [nomod][combat, Pet 4] Double Bite',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 Glaive Toss',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=10 Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Concussive Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Intimidation',
	'/cast [nochanneling,combat] Bestial Wrath',
PostMacro = [[
/petattack
/cast [nomod] A Murder of Crows
/use [nomod][combat] 14
]],
}

And
Sequences[‘Def’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast [combat] Disengage’,
‘/cast [combat] Deterrence’,
PostMacro = [[
/cast Ice Trap
/cast [@player] Spirit Mend
/cast [@player] Master’s Call
/use healthstone
/use [combat] 13
]],
}

I’d like to see your self heals macros, if you don’t mind. A message will be fine if you want to keep them secret. I do promise not to share if that’s your wish.

Thanks all; glad you like the macro.

As for the self-heal one, I have it set on the same key as my spam macro, so with one press of a modifier button, it spams health instead of DPSing a target. Really handy…

Anyway, you asked for it and here it is:

Sequences['FirstAid'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/stopmacro [channeling:Antispetic Bandage]
]],
	'/cast Healthstone',
	'/cast Exhilaration',
	'/cast [@YOURNAMEHERE] Spirit Mend',
	'/cast [@YOURNAMEHERE] Gift of the Naaru',
	'/use Healing Tonic',
	'/cast Antiseptic Bandage',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/startattack
]],
}

You will need to change the lines in the code where it reads YOURNAMEHERE, obviously. And no, you will not need to have all of these abilities/potions/bandages in order for it to work properly.

Hope that helps.

–John Q.

Wouldn’t using @player be just as effective? Also, I noticed in your updated dps macro you use /cast [@pet 1] Misdirection. I had to change it to /cast [@pet] Misdirection. It never fired for me otherwise.

Yes, that can work too, of course.

It seems you are not the only one getting hung up on the pet numbering; I should change that in my own code.

No idea why it works for you and no one else- wait a minute. @pet 1 refers to the first pet in your call pet list or the list of pets in your stable?

Yes