GS Combat 6.2

Here is my GS 6.2 Combat Macro. It’s lazy enough for casual grinding and pvp and has a wicked burst. Hopefully our pro macro makers here jump in and make it smoother and this gets us started in the right direction.

My biggest problem was SnD combo clipping and using up combo points needed for Evis. This is the least abusive combo clipping version I came up with. For a prolonged fight SnD may drop off a few secs so keep an eye on it.

If I was going to be killing bosses I’d probably put Revealing strike, SnD and finishers on separate keys to use as needed but this works fine for quick kills. I’d keep the Snd and Revealing strike opener though.

I have Shadowstep on a separate key for my play style but taking the Cloak and Dagger talent on the forth tier would even be lazier :).

Talents: 3212221 Marked for Death being the only one used in the macro so others are interchangeable.
Glyphs: Energy, Energy Flows, Sprint

</p><p>GS 6.2 Single and AoE Macro</p>`

– Combat Rogue

Sequences[‘COMBURST’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth
]],
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Revealing Strike, Slice and Dice,null”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Adrenaline Rush”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Marked For Death, Kidney Shot”,
“/cast [nochanneling] Killing Spree”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice”,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

Sequences[‘COMBURSTAOE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nomod] !Blade Flurry
/startattack
]],
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Revealing Strike, Slice and Dice,null”,
“/cast [combat,nochanneling] Adrenaline Rush”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Crimson Tempest”,
“/cast [nochanneling] Killing Spree”,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}
`

these macros are full of syntax errors :frowning: , couldn’t get them working for me at all.

Well … it wasn’t too hard to fix actually.

I did change out a thing or two. Please enjoy. If you like I can fix the AoE also. Just let me know.

Sequences['COMBURST'] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /cancelaura Blade Flurry /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [nocombat,nostealth] stealth /cast [stealth] Ambush /cast [stealth] Cheap Shot ]], [[/castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice,null]], [[/cast [combat,nochanneling]Adrenaline Rush]], [[/castsequence [combat,nochanneling]reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Shadow Reflection,Kidney Shot]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] Killing Spree]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice]], PostMacro=[[ /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /stopattack [stealth] ]], }

If you copy and paste this Macro even after it was fixed by Ambergreen, you still get syntax errors.

I fixed it, replace the first line with this - Sequences[‘COMBURST’] = {

Thanks for the feedback and working to make this macro better.

Oddly the macro works for me just as I have originally posted so I’m not sure what is causing your syntax errors. I’ve been comparing it line by line and I don’t see any changes. Maybe something changes from the copy and paste.

Appreciate if anybody figures it out or even better writes a new and improved one.

Depending on your client platform the single quotes for the titles make a difference. The fixes I put up were for an Apple Mac. That may explain a lot of it.

Ambergreen can fix the aoe m<cro pls :}

Jimmy

Sequences['COM'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/startattack
]],
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Revealing Strike, Slice and Dice,null',
'/cast [combat,nochanneling] Adrenaline Rush',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Marked For Death, Kidney Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] Killing Spree',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

Sequences['COMAOE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Revealing Strike, Slice and Dice,null',
'/cast [combat,nochanneling] Adrenaline Rush',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Crimson Tempest',
'/cast [nochanneling] Killing Spree',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

I understand now how to write a macro at least enough to repair them. There are a couple of sites online which show the potential DPS my characters are capable of.

If the sites online are showing me 28kdps is it safe to assume they mean burst damage against a single target or should there be a sustained number too? That would make sense and those numbers are fairly close to what happens with the macros above.

Thanks in advance … still not the best but its fun to work on.

With this macro combo and a few tweaks to buffs I’m up to about 28-29k main target with about 52k dps constant. Is that about what other folks are getting?

Hi guys i have a problem with that macro, its not working… i copy paste it and then at game when i try do add macro just creat a macro button without any letters.

Someone have an updated macro for combat rogue pve??
Thanks

Hi Ambergreen

Can you post what you are using to get that dps pls :slight_smile:

Jimmy

Hi!
I have just started to use GS. I have copied and pasted a couple of macros for my hunter and it works ok. Just Wonder, is it possible
to past the macros for rogue ( and my other chars) in the same sequences fil? Or how do you do it? :slight_smile:

@Hans…you after the } create a new line of - 7-8 will do then add in the next sequence. rinse and repeat

Numbers are a little higher now … I think its in the 32k main and 71k AoE but having better equipment makes a huge difference. SimulationCraft pretty much nails the dps you will get so check with that to see what you can change.

Enchant everything you can with +haste and mark of warsong both weapons. Make sure you’re running instant poison and leeching poison helps a great deal too. If you eat some Falmouth Frenzy that’s additional DPS on top of everything.

If this helps here’s the equipment I’m using right now … it still needs some upgrading but it’s getting good now:
head=wild_gladiators_headcover,id=125245
neck=wild_gladiators_necklace_of_prowess,id=125167,enchant=75haste
shoulders=wild_gladiators_pauldrons,id=125247
back=marshwater_cape,id=124613,bonus_id=36/648/652,enchant=gift_of_haste
chest=wild_gladiators_chestguard,id=125243
wrists=wild_gladiators_bindings_of_prowess,id=125236
hands=wild_gladiators_gloves,id=125239
waist=wild_gladiators_belt_of_victory,id=125231
legs=wild_gladiators_leggings,id=125246
feet=wild_gladiators_boots_of_prowess,id=125233
finger1=arduous_ring,id=124601,bonus_id=127/648/652,enchant=50haste
finger2=spellbound_runic_band_of_unrelenting_slaughter,id=118307,enchant=50haste
trinket1=pressurecompressed_loop,id=128150
trinket2=saberblade_emblem,id=124619,bonus_id=604/648/652
main_hand=wild_gladiators_ripper,id=125156,enchant=mark_of_warsong
off_hand=wild_gladiators_ripper,id=125156,enchant=mark_of_warsong

Gear Summary

gear_ilvl=699.06

gear_agility=3668

gear_stamina=4668

gear_crit_rating=552

gear_haste_rating=1669

gear_mastery_rating=1055

gear_multistrike_rating=592

gear_versatility_rating=1095

gear_armor=1175

My talents are 15: Subterfuge 30: Combat Readiness 45: Leeching Poison 60: Burst of Speed 75: Prey on the Weak 90: Shrunken Toss 100: Shadow Reflection

My Glyphs are Glyph of Energy, Glyph of Feint, Glyph of Cloak of Shadows, Glyph of Blurred Speed, Glyph of Safe Fall, and Glyph of Poisons

Hope that helps a little. Good hunting!

Hi

Thank you Ambregreen for sharing it :slight_smile:

Jimmy

O cool :slight_smile: cheer’s Amber

[quote quote=25379]Well … it wasn’t too hard to fix actually.
I did change out a thing or two. Please enjoy. If you like I can fix the AoE also. Just let me know.

Sequences[‘COMBURST’] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /cancelaura Blade Flurry /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [nocombat,nostealth] stealth /cast [stealth] Ambush /cast [stealth] Cheap Shot ]], [[/castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice,null]], [[/cast [combat,nochanneling]Adrenaline Rush]], [[/castsequence [combat,nochanneling]reset=combat Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Sinister Strike,Eviscerate]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Shadow Reflection,Kidney Shot]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] Killing Spree]], [[/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice]], PostMacro=[[ /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /stopattack [stealth] ]], }
[/quote]

Please fix AOE <3

Ok here’s my AoE that works for me right now… Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Sequences['CombatAOE'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nocombat,nostealth] stealth
/stopattack [stealth]
/startattack [nostealth]
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
]],
[[/castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice,null]],
[[/cast Recuperate]],
[[/cast Sinister Strike]],
[[/cast Crimson Tempest]],
[[/castsequence reset=35 Revealing Strike,Slice and Dice]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/startattack
]],
}

ambergreen do you also have a fixed singel target macro ?