GS-E Future Questions

HI Everyone,

The changes made to GS-E have been literally things that I thought would make things easier … ironically enough … for me. To do that being able to bundle up a collection of macros ready for Legion as an addon mod and be able to manage the macros by spec etc was to make maintaining things easier.

The question is where to from here?

Thoughts I have had were

• a way to create Sequences in game
  • the ability to have the macros that were assigned a 0 be added to the global macro tab and for a specific specs macros to be added to the character macro tab
  • adding a default icon to a macro based on spec but then allow an author to override that. eg Have a Retribution icon for Ret macros but then allow someone to choose the Ashbringer icon to display instead as a default.

The second one is probably easier than then first and the third is a simple matter of programming but what would make this useful for people?

The GitHub repository for this is locate at https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced

I’m using it in the Legion Beta, seems to work fine.
Cant wait for Legion to launch! :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work, and let me know if you need help testing anything :slight_smile:

BTW: it seems there’s a missing } in the mage.lua in arcaneaoe segment. That makes the addon throw lua errors.

Hey everyone.

a way to create Sequences in game THE FINAL PIECE TO CROWN THE ADDON!, if you can make it work, a way to test ourselves abilities and rotation ( im touching my self right now )

the ability to have the macros that were assigned a 0 be added to the global macro tab and for a specific specs macros to be added to the character macro tab this is a minor problem, but for people with lots of characters-intra-servers could be good!

adding a default icon to a macro based on spec but then allow an author to override that. eg Have a Retribution icon for Ret macros but then allow someone to choose the Ashbringer icon to display instead as a default. nice touch, to maintain smooth play

AND NOW,IMPORTANT THING.

WE NEED PEOPLE, TO LEARN AND TRY AND FIX, TRUE LAZY MACROS FOR LEGION

I THINK MOST PEOPLE WAIT THE JOB TO BE DONE, AND NOT EVEN SAY THANK YOU IS THE WORST
THING TO SAY TO THE FACE OF DEVELOPERS / CREATORS.

PLEASE HELP TO GROW THIS COMMUNITY

These two parts are in 0.4

• the ability to have the macros that were assigned a 0 be added to the global macro tab and for a specific specs macros to be added to the character macro tab
  • adding a default icon to a macro based on spec but then allow an author to override that. eg Have a Retribution icon for Ret macros but then allow someone to choose the Ashbringer icon to display instead as a default.

I have changes this so that only those with a SpecID are added to the characters personal macros tab.

This looks amazing. Thanks for your efforts.

The first part of

• a way to create Sequences in game
was just checked into Git. with the version there you can do a /gs export sequencename eg /gs export Ret and it will print the sequence. When I get my next chunk of slack time it will create a copy/paste frame that the output of this will go into.

The step after that will be the ability to create a Sequence and use it before exporting it back out.

I just checked in a rough first cut of stuff into Git. There is a lot of functionality to add to this and it hasn’t been debugged yet. There is a third folder called GS-SequenceEditor. This will contain the sequence editor itself. (I do a bunch of coding in a place where i don’t have the game and then correct it at home.)

I have made it separate as it will be huge in comparison to GS-E. To make things easier for me, as it will be GUI heavy, this will be coded as an ACE Addon. By keeping it seperate the core of GS will still be small and light. This will depend on GS-Core but GS-Core will be able to operate without it.

If you are downloading from GIT you should be able to just disable this in your in game add on list without noticing any impact to GS-E.

Very very nice Draik :wink:

Sequence Viewer
Preview of Sequence Editor

Im getting there. You can now load in a sequence but the Test button doesnt quite work yet.

Im uploading 0.5 of GS-E to Wowinterface. The ingame editor is included. For details on how to use it see Home · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

@ Draik hi love what you have done to GS-E look fab m8 but when I open the hunter files the text is going across the top and not down do you know why this is???

Found out that pasting a sequence from the editor to Notepad looses the Line breaks.

Instead use an editor like Atom It also has a Lua plugin for helping code WoW.

0.6 has fixes for CRLF (Carriage Return Line Feed) problems between windows and macs.

Between now and the Pre-Patch there shouldn’t be too many releases. I am planning to do periodic releases that update the bundled macros for Launch of 7.0.3.

I have other things I would like to improve on in the editor but in its current state. I’d like to add filtering into the editor so that you can filter macros based on class/spec. (The detail is present just presenting that to users.) Same with creating new macros and having them persist. Having said that the editor now in its current state is functional and that is more important for launch than the fixes I want to do.

I do want to throw out thanks for those who have found and reported problems and provided feedback both publicly and privately. This has allowed for things to become more streamlined. Its no good if things “just work on my pc” and are broken for everyone else.

I am getting this lua error when typing in /gs, it works if I put it in manually but will not do it on its own. It also does tell em what is available and what talents to use in the chat. Any help would be appreciated

Message: Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:125: attempt to call global ‘CreateSequence’ (a nil value)
Time: 07/13/16 18:11:59
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:125: in function <Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:119>
Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:139: in function <Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:131>
Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:205: in function ?' Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4332: in functionChatEdit_ParseText’
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4000: in function ChatEdit_SendText' Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4036: in functionChatEdit_OnEnterPressed’
[string “:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string ":OnEnterPressed”]:1>

Locals: sequenceName = “Mmtest”
icon = “Ability_Hunter_FocusedAim”
sequenceIndex = 0
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “Mmtest”
(*temporary) = “Ability_Hunter_FocusedAim”
(*temporary) = “#showtooltip
/click Mmtest”
(*temporary) = 1
(*temporary) = “attempt to call global ‘CreateSequence’ (a nil value)”
ModifiedSequences = <table> {
}

Fixed this in GIT - will release it to wowinterface later today after testing

0.7 Has been released to wowinterface.

http://cdn-wow.mmoui.com/preview/pvw66977.png

love what you have done m8 0.7 works well on PTR and Beta good work

Stumbled onto your github great job, cant wait to try this out.

Ok feature coming in tomorrows update:

Classwide Sequences.
In the next build specID will also accept a classID value. EG specID’s for pallys start at 65 but the classID = 2. If you add a sequence with a specID of 2 it will add in automatically for all Pally Specs.

Claswide Sequence editor

This has now been released to Curse and wowinterface.

Hey Everyone,

Just a note of thanks for all the help and support that I have received from this community. You never know the story of people who are using stuff. I have had a lot of notes from people with various physical disabilities who have expressed that GS-E is helping them play. Honestly these comments are more for you guys than for me.

1.1 - Localisation

Having said that I have been asked about localization. THe problem is that macros run in the client side language. THere is deeply hidden Blizzard Code that needs a string (programmer speak for a line of text) describing the action. If you take a macro from here thats written in english and run it on a french client it doesnt know what /cast Consecration is as you need the french rather than english spelling.

Ok I have a plan. It is going to take some time but I have a plan. Of super importance to me is being able to come here to wowlazymacros and be able to explicitly read what a macro is doing. While some mods have an encrypted string that they share (Weakauras) the last thing I want is to look at a string like that and hope it will be ok and not cause a problem like the scam chat exploit. I cant stress how important readability is to me.

The first thought was to store macros with the spell id rather than the name. So a sequence would look like “/cast 11234” THat breaks the readability straight off. No one would know what that is exactly doing without having to cross check. It also means that you cannot take a GS-E macro and run it with the original GnomeSequencer. That’s not a direction I want to go.

Rather than store than store the spellID I am going to make a better LibBabble-Spell. LibBabble-Spell was a mod that translated spell names. It hasnt been updated since wow 2.3 but it is an idea. LibBabble-Spell was deprecated as 98% of what it did could be achieved in changes that Blizzard made to the ingame API. U*nfortunately our use case is the 2%.

The plan for this is as follows. I will write a small mod that exports the spell name and spellID which we save in a text file. The file will look like:
Spells{
1=“Consecration”,
2=“Hand of Reckoning”,

} Etc But when you run the same mod on another client it will create the same list and order but in Russian or German or French. I would need people with these clients to run the export as a once off. If something was added in 7.1 then all we would need to do to update the translater is to rerun the export.

It would be a relatively minor performance cost (an extra 2 or 3 seconds) at startup to hook these translation files and translate into your local client language. We could then add a lang= line to the sequence with a default of EN. And a global option to use the translater. If the global option is off it will only use sequences that it finds that are in your clients language. If you have all your sequences in FR and have turned say Draiks Bundled off you then don’t need the translator. The editor will have two tabs for export - an en to share and a local version to save in myMacros

The translater itself will be an optional mod so that you can choose to disable it.