GS - No Barrage - Single Boss Dummy 22k+

Through much deliberation, I finally just decided to take some of the other macros and combine them. Then I decided to put a little twist on it as well. So without further ado, here is my GS macro! Enjoy! ^_-

Sequences['HMST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
        limit = limit or 1
        if step == limit then
                limit = limit % #macros + 1
                step = 1
        else
                step = step % #macros + 1
        end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast [mod:shift] Barrage
]],
        '/cast [nochanneling] Chimaera Shot',
        '/castsequence [nochanneling] Aimed Shot,Chimaera Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
        '/castsequence [nochanneling] Aimed Shot,Chimaera Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Kill Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Steady Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Chimaera Shot
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

This DPS was recorded with the 660 PVP weapon, and a 666 ilvl.

Glyphs
Major
[Glyph of Chimaera Shot]
[Glyph of Liberation]
[Glyph of Animal Bond]

Minor
[Glyph of Tame Beast]
[Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah]

Talents
[Posthaste]
[Binding Shot]
[Spirit Bond]
[Thrill of the Hunt]
[A Murder of Crows]
[Barrage]
[Lone Wolf]

This is an update. This GS macro is used for the player to click, “CONSISTENTLY!” There is no waiting needed. Just keep hitting the button and don’t worry about timing. This macro was made for that reason. You might obtain some consistency, but the best thing to do is download an autoclicker or keyboard button presser. This will help with major consistency.

Sequences['MM1'] = {
StepFunction = [[
        limit = limit or 1
        if step == limit then
                limit = limit % #macros + 1
                step = 1
        else
                step = step % #macros + 1
        end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast [mod:shift] Chimaera Shot
]],
        '/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Steady Shot',
        '/cast [nochanneling] Kill Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Chimaera Shot
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Why would you not want to have barrage as part of this macro if u have the talent? I am brand new to gnome seq. so excuse me if I missed something simple.

Hi Steve,

I’ve been around these forums for ages, but been mostly a passive consumer of macros. I have been particularly using hunter macros, but never found any that could beat my non-GS macros. Until now.

Usually people exagerate their macro performance, so I decided to test yours with a healthy dose of skpeticism. Boy, was I wrong! It ouperformed my pretty solid BM macro by around 3k.

For those more interested in numbers, My hunter is ilvl 660, with a 645 weapon. I have two sets of the LFR tier and a 690 epic quest ring.

On a boss level dummy (Hunter Pavillion in Orgr) I did around 18.1 K as BM with my macro (which usually allows me to be in the top 5 DPS in LFR). Your macro left it in the dust, with an astonishing 21 k. I tried it with both A Murder of Crows and the recommended Stampede talent, though I tried the latter for a bit longer to get at least two procs off. The DPS was more or less the same. Also do note that I did not fire Barrage off at all.

While I will still stick to BM for high movement fights, I will now have a MM spec for less hectic situations and make full use of your macro.

Tip of the hat to you, sir!

EDIT:

I did try the macro in a normal BRF raid. Unfortunately it did not live up to its potential. This could well be due to the high movement required in many fights. Or maybe other aspects that make the macro perform well on dummies, but poorly in a raid.