GS Pro Paladin Tanking 7.0.3

This is the set up i’m using. Pretty survivable, and pretty decent damage. I burst for over 200k, and level out at about 79k (ilvl 717). One thing i have to mention, with this you really dont have to rely on a great healer in the group, it pretty much takes care of itself. Just rem to stay in your consecration as much as possible!

Sequences['KTN_ProtPal'] = {
specID = 66,
author = "KTN",
helpTxt = "Talents - 3 3 1 3 2 2 2",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
'/cast [combat] Consecration',
'/cast [combat] Shield of the Righteous',
"/cast Avenger's Shield",
'/cast Judgment',
'/cast [combat] Hammer of the Righteous',
'/castsequence [combat] reset=target Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Seraphim, Flash of Light, Ardent Defender, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Seraphim, Flash of Light, Guardian of Ancient Kings', 
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/cast Light of the Protector
/cast [combat] Hammer of Justice
/use [combat] Sanctus, Sigil of the Unbroken
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
]],
}

nice :slight_smile: thanks :smiley:

Hi,

Could you explain the line:

/castsequence [combat] reset=target Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Seraphim, Flash of Light, Ardent Defender, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Seraphim, Flash of Light, Guardian of Ancient Kings',

I can’t imagine you wanting to use Flash of Light in a cast sequence, but is this the case?

[quote quote=30832]Hi,
Could you explain the line:
/castsequence [combat] reset=target Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Seraphim, Flash of Light, Ardent Defender, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Seraphim, Flash of Light, Guardian of Ancient Kings’,
I can’t imagine you wanting to use Flash of Light in a cast sequence, but is this the case?
[/quote]

That should not be in a sequence nor should Shield of the righteous to name a few.

With this Macro, i’m not dependant on a healer. All i can say…
Before downing it, maybe give it a try. Just remember, every one is entitled to their own opinion.
Tested, and written on tanking target dummy in garrison, went for 30 mins no death. then tested it in Timewalking dungeons, then heroics then kazz then HHFC. Yeah, it does the trick for me.

It’s to take some of the heat off of the healers. Gives them time to focus on the rest of the group. And seeing as how since patch 7.0.3 hit, it seems the heals are having a hard time keeping up. not allways but for the most part. Aside from that, i’m still allways top dps and heals for the group in dungeons. Along with the survivability aspect. think of it like this, for some reason the healer dies, I’m stil alive to finish the fight, down the boss etc.etc. no need to brez. use it for another healer or what not.

Hi Killthenoise,

I did give it a whirl and honestly it’s a great macro -up till the point it starts casting Flash of Light; there’s just no need for Flash of Light.

Granted, yes, you’ll be indepdendent of healers but honestly I think if you had a healer then they’d prefer you to be tanking than FoL’ing yourself.

Just my thoughts, I appreciate the replies!

Cheers

While casting you cannot block, parry or dodge, so you are making more work for your healer if anything.

While i would tend to agree with you on both accounts, I’ve been asking the healers, both in guild and in pugs about healing me, and so far, i’ve only had one instanc where the healer said they had to even heal me once other than cenarion ward and such. Which coincadentaly, there were 3 mm hunters in the group all succsesfully using md while in Stonecore, the room right before Ozruk, the entire room and boss were pulled. But arguing my point is mute. simple fact is, if you don’t like it then dont use it. or change it to your taste. I uploaded my working and tested macros for anyone to use or change to their liking.

iLev 661
averaged 17k with this as is.
but, pulled a huge stack of mobs and was alive when done :slight_smile:

In short, i love it…

If i feel like removing heals from it, that’s kinda simple… LOL