Guardian Druid (Newest) GS 1/17/16

Hello all,

These macros have been working for me really well, in Normal, I still love my bear tank and he is still doing great! I hope these are still working well for you at least as a base macro and you can customize them to your play style.

Updated: 1/17/16
Talents: 3,1,3,1,3,2,2
Major Glyphs: Barkskin, Fae Silence, Maul
Minor Glyphs: Aquatic Form, Travel, Grace
Food: Calamari Crepes, Mastery…
Pre Pot: Draenic Agility Potion
Flask: Greater Draenic Strength Flask | Draenic Agility Flask (if you DONT need the extra health)

Single-Target:

Sequences['DbtsT'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [combat] Wild Charge
/cast [combat] Berserk
/cast [combat] Barkskin
]],
	'/castsequence reset=combat Mangle,Lacerate,Mangle,Lacerate,Mangle,Lacerate',
	'/castsequence reset=combat Mangle,Thrash,Maul,Lacerate,Lacerate,Lacerate,Mangle,Thrash,Maul',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Mangle',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Lacerate',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Pulverize',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Maul',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Thrash',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Pulverize',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Barkskin',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Mangle',
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat]Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Savage Defense
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Multi-Target:

Sequences['DbtAoE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],	
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [combat] Wild Charge
/cast [combat] Berserk
/cast [combat] Barkskin
]],
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Mangle,Thrash,Thrash,Mangle,Maul,Maul',
	'/cast Mangle',
	'/cast Thrash',
	'/cast Maul',
	'/cast Mangle',
	'/cast Thrash',
	'/cast Maul', 
	'/cast Savage Defense',
	'/cast Frenzied Regeneration',
[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat]Healing Touch
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Savage Defense
/cast 
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I hope that these all work for you, I am having a blast with them and hope you do as well.

Thanks,
Beef

Thank you for these :smiley: You have been a really big help!

I am glad that these are helping you. I will be updating them as I progress and find better healing/as well as better dos with each Run I do. I just have to wait until I get the privilege to be able to update my original posts each time.

Thank you and I am happy you like them,
Beef

@Beef-

Again Resto and now this tanking. KICK BUTT!! Thanks again :slight_smile:

[quote quote=22587]@Beef-
Again Resto and now this tanking. KICK BUTT!! Thanks again :)
[/quote]

Thanks man, I am glad they work well for you. I am happy, but the new updated ones especially for BRF are coming out soon.

Thanks,
Beef

@beef…with the st macro it doesnt seem to put up pulverise for me anymore ( im at 3 lacerate stacks )

Hey ya Beef
I am very new here and I will admit this is my first time using macros. I must have done something wrong because I downloaded the macro toolkit and cut and pasted the above macro - and it says I have errors.
You look like you are the macro master so I am posting here in hopes i can find out what I did wrong.
Any advice you information you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for all you do for our druid community - keep up the great work !!!
Thanks
Tudan

[quote quote=24217]Hey ya Beef I am very new here and I will admit this is my first time using macros. I must have done something wrong because I downloaded the macro toolkit and cut and pasted the above macro – and it says I have errors. You look like you are the macro master so I am posting here in hopes i can find out what I did wrong. Any advice you information you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all you do for our druid community – keep up the great work !!! Thanks Tudan

[/quote]

You need to get GnomeSequencer

Beef

Thanks Beef for helping with this. I have 2 toons I am trying to run macros on - both are using gnome sequenser. I cant get the 2nd toon macros to work - any Ideas?
Thanks

[quote quote=24245]Thanks Beef for helping with this. I have 2 toons I am trying to run macros on – both are using gnome sequenser. I cant get the 2nd toon macros to work – any Ideas? Thanks

[/quote]

Sure, Send me a private message with your entire GS lua script I will fix it and send it back to you, then delete everything in the sequences file and paste what I put in. But make sure it’s a private message.

Beef

great macro but only one question that i have. when running it , it changes out of bear for to cast healing touch. any reason why?

had the same problem but seems to fix after i took out “/cast [@Vollic,combat] [nochanneling] Healing Touch”,
and replaced it with:

[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Healing Touch

Thanks for another good GS macro Beef!

Just one question: is there a “Charge” ability for Guardian Druid? Closest one I know is the Talent “Wild Charge”. If it was that you mean (I assume yes, as you stated that your first talent is 3), so fix it on your macro.

Beef, I was hoping you could help me with something in your original macro.

As other have mentioned, I appear to be having issues with:

“/cast [@Vollic,combat] [nochanneling] Healing Touch”,

The issue I’m having is, it doesn’t appear to do anything. I had a suspicion “Vollic” is your druid’s name, and not a gnome sequencer command, so I changed it so it appears as such:

“/cast [@Mooin,combat] [nochanneling] Healing Touch”,

After doing that, it did begin to trigger in the sequence but as Larry mentioned previously, it was throwing me out of Bear form. I tried as jeba suggested and replace the code above with the following:

[[/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Healing Touch

Now, I’m back to it not triggering. I’ve watched my combat logs and Healing Touch never fires. The other question I’m having with this is that Healing Touch has a 2.35 second cast time. When it was triggering, I’d stand there doing the wriggly finger caster thing when I was supposed to be tanking. It made me wonder why you didn’t use Rejuvenation with its instant cast, instead?

Other than this, the macros are f’ing awesome! I’m typically pegging damage done for the groups I’ve been tanking for, which is pretty amazing considering I’ve just returned to the game after a 7-year break and my gear is old and dusty.

Thanks, man! Looking forward to being educated more on this.

Okay, so I’ve hit level 90 and I think I understand what you were doing with the Healing Touch addition. Now that I’ve picked up Dream of Cenarius, which causes Mangle to have a 40% chance of making Healing Touch instant, free, and castable in all forms… I think I understand what you were going for.

I’m still running into much of the same issue, however. I’m apparently quite unlucky, because a 40% chance of a free casting doesn’t seem to trigger enough to keep me from popping out of Bear form. Is there any way to adjust the macro so it will only trigger Healing Touch if Dream of Cenarius is active?

First off, great work Beef. I have been using a modified version of your macro for a long time now. To the issue with HT. Especially if using DoC it is better to take it out of the macro and use it when it procs manually. That way you are never taken out of bear form. Also, trinkets and cd’s being controlled manually in mythic content is usually better. More control over mitigation. in heroic or below rolling them into the macro works very well, especially once your gear gets better. I am now sequencer guru by any stretch. Doing some things on my own helps a lot. ALL HAIL THE BEEF!

ALL HAIL THE BEEF!

Beef does basically rule. I have three characters, all level 100, all using Beef macros. :slight_smile:

Lol ok I meant to say I am NO guru. Typing>me.

Same comments as everyone else:

• Beef, you rule! Thanks for sharing
  • I removed the HT cast as it did nothing for me (I have it on a separate key)
  • I removed the '/cast charge' because it doesn't do anything that I can see

Hi Aennor,

I guess you are talking about Healing Touch.?

[[/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [nochanneling,@player,combat]!Healing Touch

I have this set just above PostMacro and it does work. But you have to be level 90 or higher with as talent : “Dream of Cenarius” selected.
What it does… It does nothing until it procs.
When that happens Healing Touch is a INSTANT cast and can be used in All Forms.! That is when these three lines come in effect.

About your last point/remark.
try changing /cast Charge to /cast [nochanneling]Wild Charge
at least when you have Wild Charge selected as your level 15 (first tier) spell.
Try this first at your Garrisons’ training dummies.
After selecting a target, type in your console /cast Charge or /use Charge or Wild Charge instead of Charge when you have that talent.
I wonder if that does work. It should as it does for me.
What it does when in your sequence.
As soon as you are at range (only 5-25 yards.!) you will automatically charge back to your target. Very useful when you are kicked back, in the air or whatever.
I have this in the pre macro.
I also have made a little extra macro for using it while questing and killing fast easy mobs.

#showtooltip Wild Charge
/use Faerie Fire
/cast Wild Charge

(Just for the people who are curious and want to know it. I only use Wild Charge when I am a Guardian or Feral, when I am Balance or Restoration I use Feline Swiftness.)

I hope I have helped you and others with this.