Holy Power Generating Help

Hey, i have been using GS for quite sometime after the launch of WoD, mix and matching a few of the sequences on the forums.

I have made a macro that has worked very well for heroic raids but have decided to tackle mythic content.

I was wondering if their was a Holy generation macro for Ret that would Always use these skills in priority.

1. Hammer of Wrath
  2. Crusader Strike
  3. Judgement
  4. Exorcism

My currently macro will skip onto the next priority if the button is spammed to often, this lowers the dps output because I am sometimes using the lowest dps priority holy generated while crusader strike / hammer of Wrath is off CD.

Looking back at my warcraft logs I can see that I have the potential to cast CS 70 times but only cast it 36.

I manage all the procs and holy power spenders manually and would like to know if GS can prioritize skills like the one I requested above.

This is the macro i am currently using

Sequences[‘RetGen’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Crusader Strike’,
‘/cast Exorcism’,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[quote quote=21788]Hey, i have been using GS for quite sometime after the launch of WoD, mix and matching a few of the sequences on the forums.
I have made a macro that has worked very well for heroic raids but have decided to tackle mythic content.
I was wondering if their was a Holy generation macro for Ret that would Always use these skills in priority.

1. Hammer of Wrath 2. Crusader Strike 3. Judgement 4. Exorcism
    My currently macro will skip onto the next priority if the button is spammed to often, this lowers the dps output because I am sometimes using the lowest dps priority holy generated while crusader strike / hammer of Wrath is off CD.
    Looking back at my warcraft logs I can see that I have the potential to cast CS 70 times but only cast it 36.
    I manage all the procs and holy power spenders manually and would like to know if GS can prioritize skills like the one I requested above.
    This is the macro i am currently using
    Sequences[‘RetGen’] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], ‘/cast Judgment’, ‘/cast Crusader Strike’, ‘/cast Exorcism’, ‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’, PostMacro = [[ ]], }
    [/quote]

Step function is the closest you will get to priority. The macro looks solid, very simple priority list. With the way step sequence works, the faster the spam, the more accurate the priority becomes. Try speeding up the spam or using something like a razer macro with a .04 sec delay. I get about 97% accuracy on my much more complex prot macro using that delay.