Macro Toolkit , new SDM replacement and much more

Greetings

I have been an avid supporter of lazy macros for a long time , I even have a few of my own here and so far there hasnt been a lot of support via the addon community until now.

I have been hard at work with my friend and addon author Deepac over the last few months tweaking his already awesome addon Macro Tool Kit. It is a replacement in every possible way for Super Duper Macro.

It color codes your macros so you know the syntax is correct.

It will shorten them to as few characters as possible.

It will show you suggestions , it has built in conditionals , so if you looking to add something but dont know the command you can get it from a drop down.

***It can extend and unextend macros past the 255 limit.***

It has keybind only macros for double the macro space.

It will save your macros across you entire account , want to log on a new server and not have to type out the macros again, go to the account wide macro screen and copy from any toon on your account via drop down.

Plus many more you can find it here

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/macro-toolkit

A WARNING THOUGH BEFORE USE , backup and save any macros you have already made , the way in which addons have to use to break the 255 limit makes them un-compatible , with that being said you will have to remake your addons in Macro Tool Kit. IF you have any questions you can shoot me a tell on boulderfist US Horde Side on Dohram , or ask any member of Pacis Nex to get ahold of me, or of here. and any improvements or suggestions leave on curse for deepac to review.

Thanks Dohram, I have been using it for a while and so far I like it.

I have in plans to upload a file with the macros, but I will try to contact the author of this addon to simplify the uploading macro task with a plugin rather than doing it manually.

yeah deepac is following this post ill tell him to expect you or pm with your skype id , as we chat on it extensively.

I strongly suggest backing up your macros prior to using Macro Toolkit. Although it looks harmless, it has rendered a couple of my macros useless.

If you could provide more detail I will look into the problem. Macro Toolkit should have no impact on the functionality of existing macros unless they were either created using another addon, or there is an issue I’m unaware of with the shortening algorithm for example.

This was my original macro:

/target Lao Softfoot
/run SetRaidTarget(“target”, 4)

After you run it through, it long longer works.

What do you mean by “run it through”?

I’ve just entered this and also tried both extending and shortening and it appears to function correctly. What am I missing?

Thanks Dohram for the update, I have sent a PM to Deepac already.

What I meant by “run it through”

Ex: When you swipe a Credit Card…you run it through the machine so it can read the strip
Credit Card = Macro Machine=Macro Toolkit Add-on

As rule of thumb, when replacing or working on files you’re going to fix (ex: Speeches, work reports, OS’s for PC’s and in this case macro’s) it is wise to backup your work in case power goes out, you cat steps on you keyboard, your dog kicks out the power-cord.

I used the add-on a few months back and for the most part it did it’s job. But as I have stated before, back-up your macros prior to use. I will DL this program again and try to duplicate the errors I had.

LOVE THE ADDON Been Trying to Find An Upgrade with less Buggs forever lol

TY TYT Y

Anyone that could make a guide for this?

Played around with it yesterday and only ½ my SDM macros could get made + wasnt able to make 255+ macros anywhere i could find :slight_smile:

There’s no guide as such. I may liaise with Dohram if he’s up for it and see what we can come up with between us.

SDM macros are stored very differently to Macro Toolkit’s extended macros. You need to rewrite/copy/paste each one again from scratch.

To break the 255 limit, there are two methods.

1. Create a new macro, then hit the “Extend” button

2. Use a key bind only macro, these are extended by default.

Great addon but I do have some suggestions:

– SDM and MarcoToolkit can not interact together. If you export the SDM’s they won’t work right because of extra spaces.

– Can the window where we edit macros be larger or self scale?

I like this addon, it’s a great replacement to SDM. But there is no way to do a floating macro, like in SDM. Can you make that an option? I really liked being able to have my CD’s on a macro I did not have to place on my bars and call it from my main rotation macro. If not o well I will find some way to work around it. thank you for the great addon.

i used your add on deepac but at some points it does not realizing the spells that i insert so it does not cast them .i can pm you the details, but for now i will stick with the sdm.

no need to change right now

There are several settings in the interface section of Macro Toolkit’s options. You can double the width of the editing window and change the font face/size. You can also drag the bottom of the window and increase the height of the editing window.

The extended and key bind only options actually work like that - but I’ll look into an easier way to implement this.

I don’t understand the issue here. Macro Toolkit does not alter macros unless you either extend or shorten then and should have no impact on their execution. If you could give a specific example with steps that I can reproduce the problem with, I’l look into it for you.

so i will be more specific.

i use this in my shadow priest

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Insanity
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Halo
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague
/use 13

everything gets the corresponding color

but for the

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Insanity
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,0,0,Shadow Word: Death

the Shadow Word: Insanity and Shadow Word: Death part remain white, and it does not recognize it as spells so i cant cast them through the macro.

i have to be honest m8 i did what i could with it but nothing worked so i uninstalled the add on.

Thanks for the info. The colouring issue is certainly a Macro Toolkit problem which I’ll look into, but it should have zero impact on the actual execution of the macro.

Dohram - if you have a priest could you take a look at this please and let me know if you can get to the bottom of the execution issue? Meanwhile, I’ll look at the colouring.

one more thing to share to you.

i even tried to put the spell name from the spell book (by pressing p and then the shift click) and as a result i had the name of the spell 2 times and the first one was bracketed

[Shadow Word: Insanity] and the second normal Shadow Word: Insanity but still white.

hope i helped

Just trying the work through this one now - difficult as I don’t have a priest. The code appears to be working fine. It’s identifying the spell components of the cast sequences, these then get passed to call to GetSpellInfo which will return a value if the spell exists (and is spelled exatctly the same) in the current player’s spellbook - the colouring is based on this.

If you type the macro one line at a time, does the colour coding work correctly for the offending lines at any point?

The shift clicking is peculiar too and is also going to be tricky to pin down…but I don’t like being beaten :slight_smile:

Out of interest if the type the following could you tell me what is returned? Just need to know if it returns a load of info or just “nil”

/script print(GetSpellInfo(“Shadow Word: Insanity”))