Marksman GS Macro (I need a couple testers)

Hey,

Can I get a couple of you peeps to test this GS macro out for me?

Let me know your iLVL, your OPENING DPS (1st 10 seconds) and your DPS 3 minutes in. (Also, let me know if you used a Flask, Food, Rune or a Crystal; however, I prefer you test it without ANY food buffs for max accuracy.)

(There are TWO seqeunces below; MM11 is for Single Target and MM22 is for Multi-Target)

SPEC: 3,1,2,3,1,1,3

local _, Sequences = ... -- Don't touch this

Sequences['MM11'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',	
	'/cast A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Aimed Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

Sequences['MM22'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',	
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Multi-Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

Thanks to anyone who gives it a test run.

Also, feel free to offer some tweaks or advice!

[quote quote=22166]Hey,
Can I get a couple of you peeps to test this GS macro out for me?
Let me know your iLVL, your OPENING DPS (1st 10 seconds) and your DPS 3 minutes in. (Also, let me know if you used a Flask, Food, Rune or a Crystal; however, I prefer you test it without ANY food buffs for max accuracy.)
(There are TWO seqeunces below; MM11 is for Single Target and MM22 is for Multi-Target)
SPEC: 3,1,2,3,1,1,3
local _, Sequences = … — Don’t touch this
Sequences[‘MM11′] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [combat] Rapid Fire ]], ‘/cast !Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Chimaera Shot’, ‘/cast A Murder of Crows’, ‘/cast Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Aimed Shot’, ‘/cast Glaive Toss’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /cast Chimaera Shot ]], }
Sequences[‘MM22′] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [combat] Rapid Fire ]], ‘/cast !Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Chimaera Shot’, ‘/cast A Murder of Crows’, ‘/cast Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Multi-Shot’, ‘/cast Glaive Toss’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /cast Chimaera Shot ]], }
Thanks to anyone who gives it a test run.
Also, feel free to offer some tweaks or advice!
[/quote]

Hi there would love to test this but gave me issues cutting and pasting. Could you please put it in the black box format and i would be more than happy as it looks well made

Thank you

how can i copy paste it at macro toolkit…what do i need to erase?

Hiya nik you need GS add on for this not toolkit its a whole different animal buddy. See how to do it on this site

[quote quote=22176]

<div class=“d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Netherscourge wrote:</div>Hey, Can I get a couple of you peeps to test this GS macro out for me? Let me know your iLVL, your OPENING DPS (1st 10 seconds) and your DPS 3 minutes in. (Also, let me know if you used a Flask, Food, Rune or a Crystal; however, I prefer you test it without ANY food buffs for max accuracy.) (There are TWO seqeunces below; MM11 is for Single Target and MM22 is for Multi-Target) SPEC: 3,1,2,3,1,1,3 local _, Sequences = … — Don’t touch this Sequences[‘MM11′] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [combat] Rapid Fire ]], ‘/cast !Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Chimaera Shot’, ‘/cast A Murder of Crows’, ‘/cast Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Aimed Shot’, ‘/cast Glaive Toss’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /cast Chimaera Shot ]], } Sequences[‘MM22′] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /cast [combat] Rapid Fire ]], ‘/cast !Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Chimaera Shot’, ‘/cast A Murder of Crows’, ‘/cast Kill Shot’, ‘/cast Multi-Shot’, ‘/cast Glaive Toss’, ‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack /use [combat]13 /use [combat]14 /cast Chimaera Shot ]], } Thanks to anyone who gives it a test run. Also, feel free to offer some tweaks or advice!

Hi there would love to test this but gave me issues cutting and pasting. Could you please put it in the black box format and i would be more than happy as it looks well made Thank you [/quote]

Sure!

Sequences['MM11'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',	
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Aimed Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

Sequences['MM22'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',	
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Multi-Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

This is for Gnomesequencer.

However, this is a pretty basic macro - you could probably convert it to Macrotoolkit/Extender if you wanted to.

It would probably be something like this (for the Single Target macro):

MACROTOOLKIT VERSION: (I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ONE YET!!!
TEST BEFORE RAIDING WITH THIS!!!)

/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast !Kill Shot
/cast Chimaera Shot
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Kill Shot
/cast Aimed Shot
/cast Glaive Toss
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot

Give that a shot and let me know if it works ok or not.

This and the GS one above are your basic “nuts and bolts” DPS/Priority rotation. I left out all the racial abilities, the pet stuff (Lone Wolf), the potions, etc…

The idea is to keep it 100% focused on DPS rotation and not having any hang-ups.

OK guys, I tested this last night - both on a Target Dummy and during a full LFR Highmaul and Normal Highmaul on Karg, Butcher, Brack, Tectus.

Modifiers:

ilvl 655

Lone Wolf with CRIT activated
Savage Feast Buff
Draenic Agility Flask Buff

(NOTE: the following are SINGLE TARGET results using the SINGLE TARGET Macro “MM11”. I had TERRIBLE results with the AOE MACRO “MM22”, so definitely don’t’ use that in a raid lol. I need to work on that one.)

SOLO TEST: Target Dummy (Careful Aim is active 100% of the time on the Dummy due to constant 100% health, so take this with a grain of salt): Opening Burst DPS: 29K to 30K; Sustained DPS before using Rapid Fire again was around 22K on average.

RAID TEST: Highmaul LFR & Normal: This is where the REAL numbers played out. In LFR, I Opened with around 28K to 29K on all the bosses at pull. Then I dropped down to around 21K-23K. In NORMAL Highmaul, I opened on pull at around 25K to 27K and then bottomed out at 19K to 20K.

Based on my Spec setup, the only time I really lost DPS was when MOVING.

The key to big burst opening DPS is to be already be in Sniper Training stance and to not move (or try not to move) until you HAVE to. So, make sure you’re standing still for at least 3 second BEFORE you start mashing the button and then try to stay still for as long as possible while spamming this!

On the Butcher, I was stuck doing swaps, which tanked my DPS. So, keep that in mind.

What are you guys getting for results? I think this is a good macro (single target anyway) for LFR and Normal. I don’t know if it’ll hold up in Heroic and most definitely won’t fly in Mythic.

(NOTE: I tested the Gnomesequencer one, NOT the macrotoolkit one. Maybe someone else can try that one out?)

Thanks again.

EDIT:

I found a typo error (an extra space) in my posted macro above. I can’t edit that post anymore, so here’s the Edited version. use THIS one please. Thanks.

local _, Sequences = ... -- Don't touch this

Sequences['MM11'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Aimed Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

Sequences['MM22'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Multi-Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

I had put an extra couple spaces after Chimaera shot by accident in the original post. This one should be fixed.

Thank yo very much…Ilvl 542 (hotch potch PVP(660) gear) 19k in LFR this macro will see me in guild HM normals. Well done I am also going to use it for PVP. I may switch GT to Barrage.

Cheers for reposting in black box format

Keep up the good work

[quote quote=22218]Thank yo very much…Ilvl 542 (hotch potch PVP(660) gear) 19k in LFR this macro will see me in guild HM normals. Well done I am also going to use it for PVP. I may switch GT to Barrage.
Keep up the good work
[/quote]

lol 642 its 3 am in the morn here

the macro toolkit macro doesnt work :frowning:

Ah, sorry man.

I’m sure I can convert it to work. I just have to look over it when I get a chance and rearrange a couple things.

The GS version runs through a specific order while the macrotoolkit one does a more tradition “first available” order, but they both follow the exact same priority system. I just need to tweak toolkit version to line everything up properly.

I’ll check back when I get a chance.

And if anyone else wants to try to make a macrotoolkit version of this sequence to test, please post it here!

Honestly, there is nothing fancy about GS macro. I made it as basic as possible, so someone should be able to convert it!

[quote quote=22218]Thank yo very much…Ilvl 542 (hotch potch PVP(660) gear) 19k in LFR this macro will see me in guild HM normals. Well done I am also going to use it for PVP. I may switch GT to Barrage.
Keep up the good work
[/quote]

Wow, great to hear!

I know if you do a manual rotation, you can probably bang out 20K+ DPS easily.

But, this macro seems good for people who are really struggling with near-perfect timing on the shots and stuff.

Again, this isn’t perfect by any means, but it at least gets all your shots off and keeps enough focus up for everything to go off as-needed.

As always, it’s impossible to make a macro that does everything perfectly. They’re just not capable of doing that.

Good luck! Let me know how it works with Barrage instead of Glaive Toss!!

Hey,

Test this one with the macro Toolkit:

/startattack
/cast !Kill Shot
/cast Chimaera Shot
/cast !A Murder of Crows
/cast Kill Shot
/cast Aimed Shot
/cast !Glaive Toss
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot

Pretty much the same, minus the two “USE-Trinket” commands. They might be locking up the sequence, especially if you don’t have any USEable trinkets equipped. May as well keep this as basic as possible.

Let me know if this one works any better or not. If Glaive Toss doesn’t work with this, remove the “!” in front of it and then try it again. I’m curious to see if the “cast-once” acts as a backup “reset” or not. Same with Murder of Crows. Pretty sure it works fine with Kill Shot though. Blizzard’s LUA scripting is really inconsistent for some reason.

Sorry I can’t test these myself; I’m stuck at work!

Thanks again guys! Let me know how it goes!

ok folks, I once was pretty lost when it came to GS.

But, I did a lot of research and found that you NEED to use Notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.4.html

-To paste the code that are here on the forums, or anywhere else really.
It keeps the language coding in tact.

• So, when you see a GS script that is not indented, you know that you need to paste it in to Notepad++

• Now another thing I found is that you need create the blank macro you will use, in the General Tab (not char specific)

• Create the macro name that you see in the script. (using the option NEW inside of Macrotoolkit)

• Then, logout/exit game ( not logoff )

• Goto the sequences and make sure it is complete, save it there in the Gnomesequencer folder, and check to see that you actually have the addon folder (Gnomesequencer) in your Interface/addons destination.

• Log back in and you should see some new text inside of the blank macro, like /click etc…
    if you still don’t click on the change name option for the general macro,
    put a ’ before and after the macro name. save.
    remove the ’ from before and after the macro name and click save again.
    THEN finally logout /exit game completely, it should be corrected now.

Cheers,
J

Sequences['MM11'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',	
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Aimed Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

Sequences['MM22'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast !Kill Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',	
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast Multi-Shot',
	'/cast Barrage',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}
  • Basically, I used everything, just made some minor changes for best playstyle for me.
    (((( TALENTS 3 1 3 3 1 3 1 ))))
  • I didn’t see the point of glaive toss and in your code you were casting AMOC which, in your talents you mentioned you didn’t have.
  • Point to mention for my post now and earlier post :
    If in GS you see a RED [ or ] it means the code is not closed properly.
    You can see it really clearly in Notepad++ :slight_smile:

I was able to sustain 22k easy.
PLACEMENT : MM11, KILL SHOT, MM22, Chimaera Shot, Steady Shot
I basically watch for them to light up (KS and Chimaera) If I see I need more focus, I will toss in Steady Shot.

J

Thanks for the macro!

GS 660 here. With flask, feast, and LW crit buff, I am opening around 27k and sustaining around 21k. On my end, Chimaera seems to be ready and unused far too much. I will have to mess around with that. Manually, I can do better than 22k unbuffed.

I did find that if you don’t have on use trinkets, taking those lines out helped the numbers somewhat.

My latency is usually below 50ms, fwiw.

I don’t know if you have taken into consideration that because you are on a dummy target that Kill Shot won’t fire.
Can you do a real test ?

Thanks,

< I am modifying the original as well now, playing around with LW and GT >

[quote quote=22251]`Sequences[‘MM11’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast !Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Aimed Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}

Sequences[‘MM22’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast !Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Barrage’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=5 Steady Shot,Steady Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast Chimaera Shot
]],
}`– Basically, I used everything, just made some minor changes for best playstyle for me. (((( TALENTS 3 1 3 3 1 3 1 )))) – I didn’t see the point of glaive toss and in your code you were casting AMOC which, in your talents you mentioned you didn’t have. – Point to mention for my post now and earlier post : If in GS you see a RED [ or ] it means the code is not closed properly. You can see it really clearly in Notepad++
I was able to sustain 22k easy. PLACEMENT : MM11, KILL SHOT, MM22, Chimaera Shot, Steady Shot I basically watch for them to light up (KS and Chimaera) If I see I need more focus, I will toss in Steady Shot.
J
[/quote]

My spec is this:

Marksman: 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimaera
Binding Shot
Iron Hawk
Thrill of the Hunt
A Murder of Crows
Glaive Toss
Lone Wolf

I ALSO have Kill Shot on a standalone “stopcast” macro, so I can interrupt Aimed Shot or Steady Shot if it lights up.

I didn’t think to add Chimera Shot to standalone “stopcast” macro though. Chimaera shot seems to fire off for me within one or two seconds, probably because based on my timing; I almost always have enough Focus to cast it. But I think I might do what you did and add one anyway, just in case.

Thanks for your input!

Checking in. My guild worked on heroic Butcher this weekend and I was one of the utility spots tasked with hopping in and out for debuff dropping. I used disengage and other than having to stop the rotation for disengage, was able to maintain a high uptime. I did lose Sniper buff more than I liked due to a number of repositions for healer range.

I averaged between 21-23k with full buffs, with hyper agility rune and prepotting. Best attempt for the night saw 24.4k. Simcrafter says my 100% max is 25.5k. My ilvl is currently 662. I’ve messed around with key repeats on the logitech keyboard and a 100ms delay seems to work well.

I am still seeing Chimeara stay available more than I’d like, but since I’m bucking the trend and stacking crit in all gems and enchants, it’s very nice seeing free aim shots going off without delay. I’m currently at 38% crit fully buffed.

This macro is a winner. Thanks for sharing it!