MM - Lone Wolf, Barrage, No Addons - Plus Bonus mechanics hint...

A lot of you guys are not understanding the hunter mechanics to maximize DPS. These “fall through macros” with GS are always going to be super sub-optimal because they only choose Steady Shot when focus starved. This doesn’t allow enough focus to fire Chimera off CD consistently.

You need THREE macros.

1. Boss Health 100%-80% OR when Rapid Fire is used - Standard rotation, but use Aimed on CD for Careful Aim benefits.
  2. Filler rotation - Standard rotation that does not focus starve Chimera on CD.
  3. Boss Health < 35% - Kill Shot Stopcast

This Macro, without any addons has better burst, no focus starve, Chimera on CD and slightly higher DPS than anything else I’ve found on the forums. Give it a shot.;

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/use [combat]Rapid Fire
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=9 !Chimaera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=60 !A Murder of Crows,!Barrage,!Barrage,!Barrage
/cast Berserking

The only thing you may want to do is manually weave an extra steady ONCE in when Bloodlust, Rapid Fire, Berserk and full Raid buffs are on, as the Chimera CD is less than half a second remaining on CD. This is ultra rare and does next to nothing for dps gains. Can easily just ignore and wait for the CD.

I’m working on the 3 part macro for near optimal rotations during the health phases to take advantage of Careful Aim. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the macro. However you mention three macros but only have one posted above. Can you post all three and explain how you rotate between them (unless you mean you only use one based on the conditions you list above).

Thanks!

Yea this can actually be done with GS. I decided to steal this idea and make a GS rotation lol. This produces better dps than yours for me. yours - 115k mine - 120k on an 85 dummy and im level 95. This rarely if ever runs out of focus and uses cs on cd almost 100% of the time…

---Marksman---
Sequences['MMS'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/cast Chimaera Shot,null
]],
	'/castsequence Steady Shot,Steady Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
	'/cast [nomod] Aimed Shot',
	'/cast [mod] Multi-Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Berserking
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

[quote quote=20308]Yea this can actually be done with GS. I decided to steal this idea and make a GS rotation lol. This produces better dps than yours for me. yours – 115k mine – 120k on an 85 dummy and im level 95. This rarely if ever runs out of focus and uses cs on cd almost 100% of the time…

---Marksman---
Sequences['MMS'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/cast Chimaera Shot,null
]],
	'/castsequence Steady Shot,Steady Shot',
	'/cast Chimaera Shot',
	'/cast Kill Shot',
	'/cast A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
	'/cast [nomod] Aimed Shot',
	'/cast [mod] Multi-Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Berserking
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

[/quote]

You missed the;

]],
}

That macro does 16-18k for me, and does not take any boss health into account for Careful Aim, it’s just a priority stepping. It still only fires steady shot when focus starved and repeatedly skips Chimera on CD. What speed are you spamming it at? I’ve tried 25ms to 200ms with similar results. GT and Chim are too close together, so you tend to only have one off CD. Which is half the rotation.

Also it does not restart the sequence after combat, so your next pull gets the middle of the priority stepping, wherever the last mob death left off.

This needs serious work. MM is not a flat priority system as taught on other sites, you have to manage focus and have enough to fire GT/Barrage AND Chimera on CD for maximum DPS.

I’m running;1223133

Rotation example;

Opener; Berserk, Rapid Fire, Trinkets, Chimera > Aimed > (Check focus and ToTH, do you have enough for Chimera on CD AND another Aimed?), IF Yes (Aimed until No) IF No (Steady until Yes).

You don’t simply dump focus until you’re out. You miss the CD for Chimera and GT/Barrage. Your macro will do that, it will cast Aimed regardless of the Chimera CD.

I need to draw a flow chart, but I’m working on the 3 part macro.

After further research it seems yours actually balances out to be higher over time. im now using

/use [combat]Rapid Fire
/castsequence [nomod]reset=9 !Chimaera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence [mod]reset=9 !Chimaera Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Multi-Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=60 !A Murder of Crows,!Glaive Toss,!Glaive Toss,!Glaive Toss
/use Berserking
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

with macro toolkit but multi-shot refuses to go off any ideas why?