[AHK QUESTION] I need some clarification on MS Speeds for Hunters...

Greetings,

A while back i attempted to use AHK ( i had fallen down a flight of wooden stairs and the whole left side of my body was bruised pretty bad ) as a way of making it easier for me to play WoW while i was injured. I attempted it and i could never make it work right every time i tried to use the macros with my hunter i would get Dced quite quickly. I am asking if any one can tell me waht is wrong with this AHK script in conjunction with GS. I dont understand why it wouldnt work, and i cant seem to figure out why it wouldnt. I thought it might have been me having the MS for the random sleep timer set wrong , but I dont really understand what it should be set too.

^F1::Suspend

$1::
While GetKeyState("1", "P")
{
Send 1
RandomSleep(45,70)
}
return

$2::
While GetKeyState("2", "P")
{
Send 2
RandomSleep(55,85)
}
return

RandomSleep(min,max)
{
Random, random, %min%, %max%
Sleep %random%
}

Now that is what i had , and it kept Dcing me please can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? I only ask this , cause it has now started snowing , an d they are expecting a very large amount to fall ,and im clumsy so if i fall while shoveling the snow and hurt myself i want to be able to play wow even if i manage to break my arm ,lol .And i posted this in this section because it only happened with my hunter none of my other toons that i tested it on Dced. that being said , i gotta say i did notice a sever DPS drop as a monk using AHK…again not certain why.

Hello, I really don’t know that much about AHK but I do use it. This is what I use.

{
$1::
Loop 
{
 if not GetKeyState("1", "P") 
 break 
 Send 1 
 sleep 4
}
return
}
{
$2::
Loop 
{
 if not GetKeyState("2", "P") 
 break 
 Send 2 
 sleep 4 
}
return
}
{
$3::
Loop 
{
 if not GetKeyState("3", "P") 
 break 
 Send 3 
 sleep 4 
}
return
}

I did not write it, I believe I got this code from this site somewhere.

Your timing settings are set too low; since GS is LUA-based and is always throwing the next spell up, a mass “data dump” backs up and overloads your system/connex, most likely kicking you out of the game. This becomes especially true in BG traffic and in raids + Ashran, where there are a lot of visual effects + numbers going on behind the scenes.

Crank your timing settings back to a little slower than your ping; doing so will give the data stream a chance to keep current. For example, if your ping is consistently 125 ms, then set the AHK key press delay to 135 or 150-ish. You will need to experiment for the best fit for you.

Hope that helps.

–John Q.

Regarding setting your timing to match ping, that’s a good thought, but does that do any good when the global cooldown is much higher than, say a 50 or 100 ms ping?

I don’t know the answer but it’d be nice to know.
Thanks