One button GS macro

All the typical talents, main ones being grimoire of sacrifice, channel demonfire

Macro will maintain all stacks of immolate and incinerate. (i have the trink that increases crit up to 10% (2%per stack of incinerate)

I found channel demonfire to be a dps gain over soul conduit due to channel demonfire actually doing significantly more damage in the same time frame as a chaos bolt, and its guaranteed damage every x amount of seconds vs the very very haphazard rng of shard production.

Mind you i have 716 ilvl, 2 piece set, no leg ring. The difference for me between demonfire and conduit over 10+ parses each, was about 4-9k more dps average in favor of demonfire, with 15-20k higher spikes than that of conduit.

Here is the macro- it works flawlessly for me, consistently produces anywhere from a constant 40k, upwards of 55k sustained depending on rng. My best was a sustained 64k on a mythic dungeon boss.

Enjoy

Sequences['Chaos1'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Chaos Bolt',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Immolate, Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate',
	'/cast Channel Demonfire',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

Here is another variation of the same macro. Same talents/etc, just difference placement of abilities and commands. I parsed it a couple times and was consistently doing a bit more than my original macro in an actual dungeon setting (did a heroic with it).

Sequences['Chaos1'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Immolate, Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate',
	'/cast !Channel Demonfire',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],

I get a warning that says (generally) using scripts may result in the loss of your gear or gold. what’s up??

There were some scripts in badly written addons that when corrupt would fuck with your ui and accidentally delete stuff and what not. Its something that came about when pre patch hit, just hit ignore/ok/etc. Its what i did.

So as a legal precaution, blizz puts that in there, that is my guess at least.

But again, that is usually from bad addons or browser addons/extensions where people try to steal your information/hack your account with key log scripts.

This obviously is just a dps macro using your own gnome sequencer program, so no worries.

Great macro 1 question what are you talents for it

[quote quote=30273]Great macro 1 question what are you talents for it

[/quote]

1(2 if more than one mob in boss fight or trash)

I have an issue with this macro, where Immolate or Incinerate keep spamming. The macro seems to lock and I have to target something else to get it go ahead.
Any idea?

This is how I’ve tweaked it to use with my talents

Sequences['My_DST'] = {
author="91XtremeRT",
specID=267,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 2111223',
icon='Spell_Shadow_RainOfFire',
PreMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target !Immolate,!Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate",
"/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
/petassist
/petattack
/use Grimoire: Imp
]],
}

Never locked up on me once and ive used it for about 20 hours before i switched over to demo spec.

Problem is is that you didnt use my macro, and i can see clear as day you put priority as immolate.

the exclamation point set priority and that should always be chaos bolt/channel demonfire if you took that talent.

Hey.
Can u make it NON GS plz

You cant make this work non gs because of the step function and multiple separate and prioritized casts.

Ty for quick answer :slight_smile:
Is it possible that you can make a new one for none GS?

[quote quote=31061]Ty for quick answer ? Is it possible that you can make a new one for none GS?
[/quote]

Just get GS. Super simple to use.

I can’t seem to figure this out. I am using GSE and then paste your macros, I save it into My Macros folder and went in game and named the macro “chaos1” and nothing. what am I doing wrong?

Because its a GS macro not a GSE macro, as per title of the thread.

Now, some may work with GSE, as long as you type in /gs in chat, it should automatically make the macro for you.

What exactly does the “!” in front of some of the spells do. Why have it there? I see it in quite a few macros, but does it make a difference? Why would I want to use: /cast !immolate rather than just: /cast immolate

Converted your second one to a GS:E macro for all those using it.

Sequences['Chaos1'] = {
specID = 267,
author = "91XtremeRT",
helpTxt = "Talents - 2111332",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Conflagrate',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Bolt',
	'/cast !Channel Demonfire',

PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Is this easily copy/pasted in macro toolkit? Sorry, I’m brand new to using macros and they freak me out just a little, lol