Prot 255 tanking macros for WoD.

I’ve been successfully tanking in WoD PTR and live with these macros. They will work in the default macro interface, since SDM is not working right now.

Single Target:

/castsequence reset=0.3 Devastate, devastate, devastate
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Shield Slam
/cast [combat] revenge
/cast [combat] shield barrier
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast [combat] arcane torrent
/cast demoralizing shout

Mobs:

/cast [nochanneling] berserker rage
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=3 thunder clap,revenge,devastate,devastate,devastate,devastate,devastate
/cast shockwave
/use !shield barrier
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast arcane torrent
/cast demoralizing shout

Hope This helps :wink:

Thanks David, will try them out tonight.

Works fine, i just added /cast charge on both of them at the start and remove /cast arcane torrent.

Single:
/cast charge
/cast [combat] revenge
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast demoralizing shout

AoE
/cast charge
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=3 thunder clap,revenge,devastate,devastate,devastate,devastate,devastate
/cast shockwave
/use !shield barrier
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast demoralizing shout

[quote quote=16239]Works fine, i just added /cast charge on both of them at the start and remove /cast arcane torrent.

Single:
/cast charge
/cast [combat] revenge
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast demoralizing shout

AoE
/cast charge
/cast shockwave
/use !shield barrier
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast demoralizing shout
[/quote]

Yea, I forgot to mention I was a belf, can’t say no to the extra rage and passive interupt :wink:

Thank You!

This works GREAT!

Greetz shoota

Whatever I do, it doesnt works very well.

For the ST Macro,
he never uses Revenge for example ;/

Already editied the 0.3 to others numbers, nothing was fixing the problems?

Did I forget sth.? I mean, its nothing complex. Copy the macro and go for it or not ;/

Thumbs up man, good macro for those of us who like being lazy, Tested it and it is awesome. thanks :smiley:

[quote quote=16548]Whatever I do, it doesnt works very well.

For the ST Macro,
he never uses Revenge for example ;/

Already editied the 0.3 to others numbers, nothing was fixing the problems?

Did I forget sth.? I mean, its nothing complex. Copy the macro and go for it or not ;/
[/quote]

Revenge usually procs for me on an acceptable level, without looking at your macro, I can’t really give you any pointers. Try removing /cast [combat] arcane torrent if your class isn’t a Blood Elf. Macros, like with any programming language, must be precise. Quite often all it takes is one mistake to ruin the whole macro.

I’m using the following for single target (using Sudden Death). It seems to keep Shield Barrier up with decent sized shields and uses up shield slam and revenge procs fairly well. The only issue is that it doesn’t always catch all the sudden death procs, so I keep an execute keybind handy just in case.

/castsequence reset=1 Devastate
/castsequence reset=1.5 Shield Barrier,Shield Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shield Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 Revenge
/cast Execute
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout

[quote quote=16642]I’m using the following for single target (using Sudden Death). It seems to keep Shield Barrier up with decent sized shields and uses up shield slam and revenge procs fairly well. The only issue is that it doesn’t always catch all the sudden death procs, so I keep an execute keybind handy just in case.

/cast Execute
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout

[/quote]

LOL, you have too many castsequences. Multiple castsequences don’t work for some reason, Only use one like I did.

Try this:

/castsequence reset=0.8 Devastate
/cast [combat] revenge
/cast [combat] execute
/cast [combat] bloodbath
/cast demoralizing shout

Actually, on live I experienced exactly the opposite. This was the only way to get Revenge to cast reliably. Your macro failed to cast revenge once in a 5 minute target dummy session. Mine casts it almost on cooldown, including from procs.

Did you even try my macro, or did you just dismiss it for having too many castsequences? I’m curious if it performs as well for others, but I’ll continue to use mine regardless.

What talents are you using with these macros?

will try them tonight.

[quote quote=16663]What talents are you using with these macros?

will try them tonight.
[/quote]

Personally I’m using Juggernaut, Enraged Regen, Sudden Death, Dragon Roar, Mass Spell Reflect, and Bloodbath. The only ones that matter for my macro are Sudden Death and Bloodbath though. The rest are personal choice.

I actually pulled out Berserker Rage and could add Stormbolt if I wanted a bit more single target. As it stands I use Dragon Roar as a keybind and in my aoe rotation (I’m still fine-tuning that macro).

Once I can get glyph of cleave I may switch out Sudden Death and the Execute for Unyielding Strikes/Heroic Strike to get a bit more aoe.

Actually, on live I experienced exactly the opposite. This was the only way to get Revenge to cast reliably. Your macro failed to cast revenge once in a 5 minute target dummy session. Mine casts it almost on cooldown, including from procs.

Did you even try my macro, or did you just dismiss it for having too many castsequences? I’m curious if it performs as well for others, but I’ll continue to use mine regardless.
[/quote]

1. I asked you to post a copy of the macro you’re having problems with, not your extra special revenge on cooldown macro.
  2. No, I did not test it because I tried a very similar macro before on live and PTR which did not work. As a matter of fact, revenge was the only attack it did cast ironically.
  3. I’ll try your original macro when Blizzard gets the bugs worked out of their shit and I can get past the “character not found” error I’m currently getting.

For all the other people who’re not having problems with the macro’s I shared, if you have any proc issues please feel free to tweak it and share your findings.

[quote quote=16663]What talents are you using with these macros?

will try them tonight.
[/quote]

Double Time, Second Wind, Sudden Death, Shockwave, Vigilance, Bloodbath.

After testing Dark’s macro, I can see what he’s talking about. His Single Target macro had way better Revenge procs.

I have revised my macros to

Single Target:
/cast Demoralizing Shout
/cast Berserker Rage
/cast Bloodbath
/use spell Reflection

AoE:
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=1 Thunder Clap,Revenge,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate
/cast [combat] Shockwave
/cast [combat] Shield Barrier
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast Demoralizing Shout
/cast Berserker Rage
/use spell Reflection

Kudos to Dark.

Nevermind…

Happy to help.

As a side note, I’ve been thinking about why it works this way and I have a theory on it that might help folks write future macros.

The old priority list castsequence macros used some trickery with the spell queuing system to work.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,<second spell>
/castsequence reset=0.3 <first spell>

For those, the ‘0’ spells worked because they were a mapping to a usable inventory slot (the old ammo slot I think). With the spell queue system that was in place, all of the on-use calls to the ‘0’ slot were queued along with the real spell for that sequence of the macro (first keypress would send ‘0’ and <first spell>, second would send <second spell> or <first spell> again depending on client GCD, ability resources and how quickly the key was pressed). The server would discard the invalid ‘0’ calls and then execute the actual spell. The only way it progresses through the priority is if every castsequence is being run (and incremented) on every keypress however. I’ve never actually seen that posted anywhere, but it makes sense to me (in terms of how the macros worked).

The /cast seem to function differently as they sometimes stop the macro as it is read from top to bottom on some spells (not quite sure what the criteria is). So, while multiple /castsequences can apparently run, some /casts will stop the macro from processing the next /cast. Other /casts seem to process as normal (since Bloodbath will cast in the macro above, even if Demo Shout is on cooldown and unavailable to cast). I’m not sure if it’s a GCD thing, or if there’s a hidden spell classification that controls whether an ability /cast in a macro will stop the macro or not. My rule of thumb is that if it’s a rotational ability it’ll probably stop the macro in a /cast, but burst or long cooldown abilities likely won’t.

Also, it’s my understanding that they changed the spell queuing system to a faster response time (400ms down to roughly 10ms), and I suspect they limited the on-use inventory slot mapping to just belts and trinkets (since hands can no longer have engineering tinkers), which is why the old priority macros no longer work. I might have to try using ‘10’ or ‘13’/‘14’ instead of ‘0’ on a non-engineer to test that.

TL;DR - The reason my macro works is because all of the /castsequences are being processed on every keypress. They get filtered by client-side GCD (and resource checks) to determine which are actually available, and any that are available to cast are sent on to the server (sequentially, top to bottom in the macro). The new faster, more aggressive spell queue system is able to correctly catch which request came first and queue spells appropriately. This works because I’m using /castsequence with my rotational abilities, and /cast with my long cooldown abilities.

I’m going to test this theory with macros for my other classes. If I’m off base I’ll come back and update this as misinformation.

Yeah… nevermind about my theory. Doesn’t work for crap with hunters. I guess all my macros are going to have to be hand-crafted through trial and error, like always.

Sorry for the spam.

Hi, just like to share my version and test results.
Talants - 2,3,2,2,2,2
Almost everything works perfectly, but for some reason there is issue with “Excecute(location 5) and Impending Victory(location 6)”. On bellow version execute will work, but IV wont, if you swap them in 5->6 IV will work and execute will be 100% ignored-ed

1 /castsequence reset=5 Devastate,Shield Slam,Revenge,Devastate,Shield Slam,Devastate
2 /cast Berserker Rage
3 /cast Bloodbath
4 /cast Shield Block
5 /cast Execute
6 /cast Impending Victory