Sub Rogue 7.0.3 Prepatch Macro (Work In Progress)

My 1st attempt at making a GS macro, and for SUB it’s kinda difficult due to being able to maximize Shadow Dance to the fullest extent. In this macro setup I am focusing on Keeping “Nightblade” and “Symbols of Death” up while using “Enveloping Shadows” to keep driving down the cooldown of “Shadow Dance” to spam Shadowstrike and pop Death from Above which should register you in stealth for the damage bonus.

Any “tested” revised suggestions would be awesome.

Gear only at 659 pulling 20k on training dummy.

Side note: Kidney Shot, and Cheap Shot left off for manual application due to Shadow Dance always being off cooldown due to: Enveloping Shadows

Sequences['SubLegion'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Shadow Blades,Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike',
/cast [stealth] Shadowstrike
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade',
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows',
]],                                 	                                                             
 	'/castsequence reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',
        '/castsequence reset=target Shadow Dance,Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike,null', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Shadow Dance,Shadowstrike,Shadowstrike,Eviscerate',                      
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Shadow Blades',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Symbols of Death',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Shadowstrike',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Shadow Dance',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Death from Above',                  
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Revised: Added DFA to the initial non-stealth combo to give a bigger DPS rush to start the macro. With better gear, this could be a one-shotter.

Symbols of Death 100% uptime.
Enveloping Shadows 100% uptime.
Nightblade 100% uptime.
Shadow Dance CD reduced to 10-15 seconds.

PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike',
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Nightblade',
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows',
]],                                 	                                                             
 	'/castsequence reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',
        '/castsequence reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Eviscerate,null', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade',                      
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Is this macro spammable or should I wait for gcd?

[quote quote=30219]Is this macro spammable or should I wait for gcd?

[/quote]

It’s spammable. Just keep in mind that two moves are consistent buff actions, s the animation might throw you off.

I tried it with spamming, ilvl 698 I peaked at 21.3k.

Second try resulted in 24.1k peak. Enveloping Shadows fell off a couple of times, as did symbols.

[quote quote=30221]I tried it with spamming, ilvl 698 I peaked at 21.3k.

Second try resulted in 24.1k peak. Enveloping Shadows fell off a couple of times, as did symbols.

[/quote]

I will keep cracking at it. I parsed it for a good 4 min, and had 100% uptime. Thanks for the input.

Thank you for this Macro. I was dead with my Subtlety when the prepatch came out. Now I can again do mass damage with him.

Does this work with GS-E?

its not in gs-e format but does work. it doesn’t automatically add the macro shortcut is all.

Seems to work really well initially for me. When farming and questing it seems to lock up for me midway. No idea what may be causing it. My talents are matching, but I can’t seem to figure out why it locks up. Otherwise it seems to look excellent. Thanks for the macro!

I think its not locking up, I think its how subtlety’s are suppose to work now, very high burst then if they don’t die vanish wait a couple of seconds and do it again. And hope the opponent doesn’t heal faster than you burst. I think we’re just energy starved after a few rotations. But I still say this is a great starting point for me. Better than the included macros in GS or GSE.

[quote quote=30403]Seems to work really well initially for me. When farming and questing it seems to lock up for me midway. No idea what may be causing it. My talents are matching, but I can’t seem to figure out why it locks up. Otherwise it seems to look excellent. Thanks for the macro!

[/quote]

I’ll be putting up a revised version tonight. I am trying to keep 100% up-time on Enveloping Shadows, Nightblade and Symbols of Death. This way, you can continue to spam with out the macro not having a resource to feed from.

Updated and tested with talents: 3121133
I was never able to fully keep 100% up-time on Nightblade, but 98% ain’t too bad. I’d toss in another Gloomblade after the Enveloping Shadows refresh, but I did not want to hamper the energy regeneration any further. Enveloping Shadows and Symbols of Death were 100% on a 5 minute parse, and Nightblade gave me 40% of the DPS with Gloomblade at 38%. I’m sure with better gear, Sub-Rogue will be super nasty. Enjoy! Please revise and report if you tweek this to a better resolve.

PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Thanks so much for the replies! I’ll be sure to try out the updated macro with an eye towards energy management as you mentioned Crom. Thanks again for the macro Shierkahn!

Sure enough, tried it on the dummy and the latest macro works great for awhile, out in the world though, it continues to lock for me. I’m at full energy and combo points when it happens and all I can do is auto attack. I’ve tried jump starting it with few Gloomblades mid-way but it just dies on me. No idea what I’m doing wrong.
Sorry to be a bother, just giving my feedback.

Tried something, I took out DFA and it seems to be running smoothly from mob to mob. Perhaps the macro was resetting and hanging on the DFA CD for me. Haven’t locked up since doing this. A shame though, the opening burst from DFA just wrecks everything. Might have to adjust the final talent to Master of Shadows to compensate for the lost burst.

[quote quote=30414]Updated and tested with talents: 3121133
I was never able to fully keep 100% up-time on Nightblade, but 98% ain’t too bad. I’d toss in another Gloomblade after the Enveloping Shadows refresh, but I did not want to hamper the energy regeneration any further. Enveloping Shadows and Symbols of Death were 100% on a 5 minute parse, and Nightblade gave me 40% of the DPS with Gloomblade at 38%. I’m sure with better gear, Sub-Rogue will be super nasty. Enjoy! Please revise and report if you tweek this to a better resolve.

PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[/quote]

works for me ilvl 667 with 2 green shit daggers doing 12k

I’m having a problem when switching targets, the macro locks up only trying to cast death from above, dancing shadows, symbols of death and shadow blades.

Awesome macro, I love it. Thanks!!!

Now Shierkahn wrote a GS macro not a GS-E macro, and as is will work with either one. I’m posting below the same macro just in GS-E format for the ones that use it in GS-E. I just added the post macro additions.

All credit to Shierkahn !

specID = 261,
author = "Shierkahn",
helpTxt = "Subtlety - Talent: 3121133",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],                                 	                                                             
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]11
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}