Survival Hunter (Newest) GS 2/12/2016

Hello all,

These macros have been working for me really well, now using the step function yeah! in Normal, Heroic and Mythic… I am bursting around 100k+ and staying at a consistent 45-55k through the fight.

Updated: Updated
Talents: 1,1,3,3,1,1,2
Major Glyphs: Deterrence, Disengage, Animal Bond
Minor Glyphs: Aspect of the Cheetah, Pathfinding, Play Dead
Food: Salty Squid Roll
Pre Pot: Draenic Agility Potion
Flask: Greater Draenic Agility Flask

Pet Macro: Not for GS, eep on a separate button.

/stopcasting
/cast !Strength of the Pack
/cast !Roar of Courage
/cast !Blessing of Kongs
/cast !Web Spray
/stopcasting

I hope these work as well for you guys, I will still be updating as I go.

Beef

hey Beef, got a question for you. Why do you put steady shot in all surv macros you make? Does it still fore cobra from script? Have a good one bud

Hey Beef,

I’ve noticed you have two Talents from the same tier in your single and multi target macros, Glaive Toss and Barrage. Obviously only one of them will fire off.

Which one should be kept? I’ve personally added in Barrage into the single target macro.

Thanks for your hard work on these macros.

Nyte

Thanks Beef,love your macros!

I have gotten on the GS bandwagon. I see now why people love it so much! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, Yeah…I noticed it also. With these macros. You always gotta not take it as gospel that they will work. Sometimes you gotta tweak em to suit your own personal needs.

Anyways, I changed it:

Sequences[‘SurvsT’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast [combat]!A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast [channeling]Barrage’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Hi Beef,
thanks a lot for your work.
But really I dont understand the “Steady Shot” in the Survial Macro. Over Lev.81 its Cobra Shot or Focusing Shot (Lv.100 talent). Also I dont understand in the single macro the glaiven toss and in the AoE-Macro the barrage. Unless you switched your talent all the time.
According “Azortharion’s Hunter Guide”: Glaive Toss (ST), Barrage when facing >1 targets and Lone Wolf (Pure ST), Focusing Shot when facing >1 targets. So anything but Gruul, in Blackrock Foundry.
Please can you insert Focusing Shot so that can used properly - many thanks.

Letha

ps. I try it out and never come over 22K (Burst - which burst?) my GS672

Beef since you have been back on Lazy Macros your macros have been laced with bad code. I don’t know if you are doing this on purpose and getting a kick out of the comments you are getting, or there is some other reason but it is not by accident you are uploading crap.

Anyway following are my GS Macros that work, I hope others can get some good results from them.

ilvl 665
Talents 1,3,1,1,1,3,2 the first 3 talents can be anything does not effect DPS
Glyphs Animal Bond, Freezing Trap, Liberation, Play Dead, Aspect of Cheetah, Tame Beast

Flask with Greater Draenic Agility Flask
Prepot with Draenic Agility Potion

Use Mecha-Blast Rocket as DPS increase (Have about 20 in backpack for raid)

Use a multistrike pet

Single Target Macro

Sequences['SVShots'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast [nopet,nodead]Call Pet 1;[@pet,dead]Revive Pet
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
	'/use [combat] Mecha-Blast Rocket',
	'/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage',
	'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow',        
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',	
	'/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot', 
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Explosive Shot, Arcane Shot',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot',            
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Focusing Shot, Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

AOE Macro

Sequences['SVAoE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Focusing Shot', 
	'/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Cheers

Spud

just tested the macro of spud and i must say its … crap, maybe oke for higher ilvl hunters but mine is 610 for now and im using the older 1 from beef and it gave my around 4k more dps.
beef makes great macro’s that also works for lower ilvl and hopefuly some soon for combat rogue’s too.
and show some respect to the main poster or start your own post

[quote quote=23241]Please can you insert Focusing Shot so that can used properly – many thanks.
Letha
ps. I try it out and never come over 22K (Burst – which burst?) my GS672
[/quote]

If you want, You can just simply change the talent in the macro itself. I have done so here:

Sequences[‘SurvsT’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast !Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast !Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Focusing Shot’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Hopefully that should work for you.

My ilevel is 645? And Spud’s macro well pretty well for me!!! Maybe you didnt not switch your talents correctly or something to that effect, But yeah it worked really well.

As for his post, Yeah…He should had made his own thread. I grant ya that. And Spud also should have not slammed beef for his efforts. Just simply made a post for everyones own benefit. The more people share what we are using, Its all the more better for all of us. But I will say for people to say “That macros crap” and the related stuff, Is a bit well…Harsh.

But again, Spud!!!..Thanks for the macro! I likie. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=23247]Beef since you have been back on Lazy Macros your macros have been laced with bad code. I don’t know if you are doing this on purpose and getting a kick out of the comments you are getting, or there is some other reason but it is not by accident you are uploading crap.
Anyway following are my GS Macros that work, I hope others can get some good results from them.
ilvl 665 Talents 1,3,1,1,1,3,2 the first 3 talents can be anything does not effect DPS Glyphs Animal Bond, Freezing Trap, Liberation, Play Dead, Aspect of Cheetah, Tame Beast
Flask with Greater Draenic Agility Flask Prepot with Draenic Agility Potion
Use Mecha-Blast Rocket as DPS increase (Have about 20 in backpack for raid)
Use a multistrike pet
Single Target Macro

Sequences['SVShots'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot',	
	'/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot', 
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 Focusing Shot, Arcane Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

```AOE Macro

Sequences[‘SVAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/use [combat] Mecha-Blast Rocket’,
‘/castsequence [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] reset=30 Misdirection’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Black Arrow’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Explosive Shot, Focusing Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Explosive Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Focusing Shot’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=20 Barrage’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Spud
[/quote]

Fist off I take great offense to your comments stating that my code has been laced with "bad code"  I wok my ass off to try and make these the best that I can for everyone who needs them.  I ty others and put together what I think works the best for my hunter and the people here using GS.  I have never been doing anything of the sort but posting what works for me and if you want to talk smack about what Im posting I will post my dos meters along with my worldlogs to show you that I am using the exact ones that I am posting.  The reason I do them the way I post them is because I am using my own key sequence at .50 and everything works fine. I sill get 26K steady dos on my old laptop running terrible 8mb Ram at 70wms.  So I do not appreciate you insinuating that I am posting bad code.  If you have an issue maybe it is you, not mine.  All I have tried to do is help people and now I am getting bashed for my code and macros?  

Not cool, if there is an issue with it post it and I will address it, don't accuse me of something that I am not doing.

Beef!

The reason I do that it is will automatically switch, you can use whatever makes you happy, if you would like to put in Cora shot instead you may do so but it will automatically cast that as well as focusing shot. I’s just how you prefer to do it. But it will always cast what you put because that is your main focus gain.

Beef.

[quote quote=23219]Hey Beef,
I’ve noticed you have two Talents from the same tier in your single and multi target macros, Glaive Toss and Barrage. Obviously only one of them will fire off.
Which one should be kept? I’ve personally added in Barrage into the single target macro.
Thanks for your hard work on these macros.
Nyte
[/quote]

Ye I missed that I was trying to get barrage to complete it’s cycle before switching to another attack, and still can only get it to fire off about 33% before switching, so now that they upped glaive toss, I am keeping that as my main. Sorry that I didn’t post that I thought that I did.

Beef.

Thanks Paul, I am happy that they are working for you. I appreciate it.

Beef

I am glad that these are working for you as well Jeb, some of them will work depending on your spec and a lot of it will also have to do with gear and maintaining the right amount of multi strike, Agility and gear. But I am happy they are giving you that extra dps. I will update my new ones from our heroic and mythic trials tonight. Thanks again for trying my macros out.

Beef

how do you get the key sequence of .50 ? im using razer synapse and everytime im setting it up to 0.50 the program change it to 0.500

Sorry Beef.

I have tried your macros and many others, I saw a number of unanswered questions about your macros so I threw my macros into the mix. Now you have responded to the questions all is good.

Again sorry I know you work hard putting these macros together, we all do. I just know that you have talent in writing macros and I was surprised at the number of comments left unanswered.

Cheers

Spud

[quote quote=23284]

<div class=“d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beef Wellington wrote:</div>The reason I do them the way I post them is because I am using my own key sequence at .50 and everything works fine

how do you get the key sequence of .50 ? im using razer synapse and everytime im setting it up to 0.50 the program change it to 0.500 [/quote]

Im using the Razor Anansi and the way it should with all razor macros through razor synapse. It should let you create and set your own permitters on how fast or responsive you want the key macros to go. I just set them to .50 or when I recorded different timing for AOE I manually recorded the key press to the macro at .65 Hope that helps.

Beef.

[quote quote=23288]Sorry Beef.
I have tried your macros and many others, I saw a number of unanswered questions about your macros so I threw my macros into the mix. Now you have responded to the questions all is good.
Again sorry I know you work hard putting these macros together, we all do. I just know that you have talent in writing macros and I was surprised at the number of comments left unanswered.
Cheers
Spud
[/quote]

Spud,

No worries man, I just have been working over 70+ hours a week and graphic work takes forever plus RL stuff and I was trying to do as much as I could. And as well as letting as many as I could that I would be posting my new ones soon. So that was why I was absent in returning messages plus the 50+ inbox personal messages asking for their class and talent set up personalized macros. Very very time consuming, hence why I was offended, I really do try my best to make the macros work for everyone and try the easiest way to maximize dps while trying to get everything fired off. As I am not even close to a programmer, nor a very good coder I sure do try and make them work as much as I can. Most of them I test in dreamweaver just as a code base for errors, then move them here. But I appreciate your message and definitely accept your apology. I am very interested in your step sequence macro before the beginning of your macros. I have been fooling around with it, and will give it a try since the majority of macros on here are now using that as a base. Thanks again, and my apologies to all in my threads. I am trying to answer all as fast as I can.

Regards,

Beef.

Beef

The step sequence helps to address the issues you have raised with Barrage, i.e. not completing the barrage before the next action commences. Without the step sequence the next action will commence as soon as the button is pressed, that’s why you get barrage only achieving 30% effectiveness etc.

The method is not a complete fix because it deals with the code line by line, so if the line of code involves a castsequence command, the actions in the castsequence are not subject individually to the step sequence, but overall I find I get better results with the step sequence than without it.

Cheers

Spud