Update on current 6.0.2 Macro issues

Hey guys,

i got through to a GM who was able to confirm the issue was known, unintended and being worked on

SS: http://i.imgur.com/oQJizBd.jpg

Transcript:

Imodaax: Sometimes when patches are released some things can break or not work as it was intended. When that happens you kind of see issues that you are seeing now. You are correct in the assumption that this issue is being worked on and we hope to have it resolved soon. Just currently we do not have an ETA as there have been people in the building all night working on these issues to get the game running better. I do apologize for any frustration these issues might’ve caused.

Good to know. Now I don’t have to make anymore of the switch action bar macros! Thanks for the info.

To be honest, that seems like a blanket response that’s given to a lot of tickets in right now related to many different issues. I wouldn’t interpret that as him confirming that our issue is unintended or being worked on. That being said, there’s a solid outcry on the forums (primarily from the disabled community) about script rotation macros being broken. While I could see them ignoring the random or normal QQ associated with something like this, it would take a special kind of stupid for them to ignore the disabled gaming community with an issue that effects their quality of gaming.

I’ve yet to get a GM response to my ticket or a post on the thread I started. I have this feeling they’re just going to ignore us and hope we go away.

12 pages currently and it is a combination of why not do it this way and you are botting. I suspect that thread is not going anywhere, but I posted my support anyways.

Looks like I am going to have to go back to programming in sequences with controllermate again. I just wish they had a fall through protocol like the 0,0 system had.

While I agree with Robert, the threads on this subject seem to be more useless than useful. Two little tidbits of info that I found very informative were in there:

Credit to Ro - Hyjal:

They are identical character-for-character except the last three lines were removed going from 5.4 to 6.0: if ( spell == "" ) then SetNextCastSequence(sequence, entry); end The only time spell=="" is when there is not a spell to cast, such as an item slot that doesn't contain a spell.

These one-button macros were disabled because three lines of code were removed and item slots that don’t contain a spell will no longer advance the sequence.

That indicates that it was an intended removal of the way these macros were working… And…

Credit to Adreaver - Undermine:

Castsequence macros still work, they just have to actually (attempt to) use abilities in order to proceed down the sequence. You can still do this somewhat, for certain classes, using inconsequential off-GCD abilities as the new "0,1,2..."

Example (for hunters)

#showtooltip Chimaera Shot
/castsequence Glaive Toss,!Trap Launcher,!Trap Launcher
/use Chimaera Shot

This will cast Glaive Toss on first press, Trap Launcher AND Chimaera Shot on second press, and Trap Launcher AND Chimaera Shot on third press. Since Trap Launcher incurs no GCD, the macro passes to the next line. And since !Trap Launcher won’t cancel the buff if active, it essentially does nothing in this macro.

This is interesting and I’ll work on/test that out when I get home. I’d like to see if we can set the nonGCDs in the macro in a way that would space out a lazy macro in the fashion that we’ve become accustomed to.

Personally I find Ad(noying)reaver to be just that. To accuse an entire group of gamers to be cheating is just asinine. It may very well be that the vast majority of people using the macros that are posted here are simply lazy, it is called wowlazymacros after all, or it may be that they were used by people with too many rotations to want to worry about another. They are also used by individuals such as myself who are disabled to allow us to play the game on a level that we do not detract from others enjoyment.

Over the years I have gone from being a progression tank to a casual player to soon a non player again possibly as my health has deteriorated. Macros such as were offered here at least allowed me to go into LFR and experience that side of the game again.

Plus, did I mention I do not like being called a cheater by some idiot on the other side of a keyboard?

[quote quote=16799]Personally I find Ad(noying)reaver to be just that. To accuse an entire group of gamers to be cheating is just asinine. It may very well be that the vast majority of people using the macros that are posted here are simply lazy, it is called wowlazymacros after all, or it may be that they were used by people with too many rotations to want to worry about another. They are also used by individuals such as myself who are disabled to allow us to play the game on a level that we do not detract from others enjoyment.

Over the years I have gone from being a progression tank to a casual player to soon a non player again possibly as my health has deteriorated. Macros such as were offered here at least allowed me to go into LFR and experience that side of the game again.

Plus, did I mention I do not like being called a cheater by some idiot on the other side of a keyboard?
[/quote]

Oh, wasn’t quoting him to do anything but give credit for that idea of nonGCDs in macros. Can’t stand anyone over there who whines about people who play with macros. I’m not disabled, nor am I lazy, and I love using/making macros. The people who cry about using them being “cheating” are typically just mad that they can’t out-dps/play some people who use these. I like being able to actually see what I’m fighting, as opposed to staring at my cooldowns like some drone.

Everywhere I look, there is no confirmation or replys from blue posts about disabling these type of macros.
i am quite deflated about the change and really cant be bothered. until i found and started using macros i was a clicker. Sore finger and wrist and not enjoying the game as I was constantly looking in the bottom 10% of my screen trying to click the next button off CD. With a macro I am able to watch the screen, avoid damage quick and actually enjoy the encounters

Credit to Adreaver – Undermine:
Castsequence macros still work, they just have to actually (attempt to) use abilities in order to proceed down the sequence. You can still do this somewhat, for certain classes, using inconsequential off-GCD abilities as the new “0,1,2…”

Example (for hunters)

#showtooltip Chimaera Shot
/castsequence Glaive Toss,!Trap Launcher,!Trap Launcher
/use Chimaera Shot

This will cast Glaive Toss on first press, Trap Launcher AND Chimaera Shot on second press, and Trap Launcher AND Chimaera Shot on third press. Since Trap Launcher incurs no GCD, the macro passes to the next line. And since !Trap Launcher won’t cancel the buff if active, it essentially does nothing in this macro.</blockquote>

Since its Halloween I tested replacing the “0,1,2,3,Spell with “Goblin Male Mask,Goblin Male Mask,Goblin Male Mask,Goblin Male Mask,Spell and it works just like having the good old 0,1,2,3,…

Now it works on the same basic principle as quoted, all we need is something w/o GCD being a spell or some item we carry on our bags, to fill in the gaps and allow the macro to advance forward

Worked a treat. Now we just need something like that for the rest of the year

So what now?
which is next item to use?