Updated 2h Frost DK Gnome

Anyone have the updated gnome sequencer macro for 2h frost dk?

Give this a shot, it works well with 2Hander or Duel Wielding, I posted it as well in the DW page, but I have had some great luck, sorry the whole message is a bit long, but I did not want to have to type all the reasons for my build etc, anyways as I said try it out:

ok this is what I came up with dinking around today, with the other macros I noticed that I could keep my runic power up without stalling to much by spamming frost strike if duel wielding and popping oblit when it lit up, doing this I usually managed to be in the top 3 doing raids, problem is with the new expansion my gear is not as good as it was, so after much thought I cobbled together this Gnome Macro, its the same concept and may need a tweak here or there,

Sequences[‘DKDuel’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast [combat] 14′,
‘/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon’,
‘/cast [combat] Chains of Ice’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Plague Leech’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast [combat] Blood Tap’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
}

What running frost does is burn a ton of Runic Power, you need to have as many runes lit at all times or our dps sucks:
ok, now for glyfs and talents and the whys: (Plague Leech) keeps Runic Power building, (Lichborne) I call it a get out of jail card, you can chose purgatory or what ever bakes your bread, it just works for me, (Asphyxiate) For Pvp or Chillblaines for raiding/pve (Blood Tap) Again Runic Power, it will cause your toon to spasm, but its only does that on your screen, no one can see the elliptic fits (Death Pact) Self Explanitory Frost rarely get heals, your going to need all your tricks, pop shield then Death pact when in trouble. (Desecrated Ground) another get out of jail card, (Necrotic Plague) seems to be the way all the frost dks are rolling, I am still expiermenting with different talents on this but right now it seems to be the best,

ok my glyfs Anti magic shell, glyf of empowerment not only does it give us runic power, it heals for 30% again remember frost rarely gets heals in raids or dungeons so we have to be tricky, glyf of icy runes, gives 10 runic power see the first statement you will see this again, that’s the important glyfs for raids, dungeons, pvp, but the point of all this is to not be starved for runic power, please feel free to tweak this but I played around today with it big time and topped the charts with very little spamming of my other keys, this is also why chains of ice are in the macro to get the runic power popped up needed , so test it, tweak it, critique it, and let me know, this will work with either Duel wield or Two Handed, World of Warcraft (Note) if you check out my toon, depending on when I quit game, could be my pvp gear, or it could be my pve gear, lol just in case you are wondering

this is what I have at the moment works well just a note this not my macro

Sequences["Frost"] = {
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
'/cast !Obliterate',
'/cast Howling Blast',
'/cast Plague Strike',
'/cast Soul Reaper',
'/cast Obliterate',
'/cast Empower Rune Weapon',
'/cast Anti-Magic Shell',
'/cast Frost Strike',
'/cast Dark Simulacrum',
}

William, when i input your macro GS give a global error message and the macro doesn’t work at all. Any ideas?

its the box thing, im not sure how to do it, when you cut and paste apparently unless you use the box it doesn’t come out exactly like it does using notepad ++ I had the same issue, I ended up downloading it so I could make it work right, I remember reading somewhere how to do the box thing, working on it now, my apologies,

I still cant figure out how they put this into the black square thing, if some kind soul could do this it would be awesome, you have to really look at the dash things when using cut and paste, its real easy to hose it up

Sequences[‘DKDuel’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast [combat] 14’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Plague Leech’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
}

@ Enmity when you put the macro in this text box there is a lot of buttons you can add to your text as well and the 1 that you want is code so when righting your macro start with the code button then macro and end with code to put it in the black box

Sequences[‘DKDuel’] = {
PreMacro = [[
 ]],
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast [combat] 14′,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Plague Strike’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Plague Leech’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
‘/cast Soul Reaper’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast !Howling Blast’,
 }

just like this

I tried using the code Enmity/Nano provided and I don’t think it works. When I save the file I get this message.
“This file contains characters in Unicode format which will be lost if you save this file as an ANSI encoded text file. To keep the Unicode information, click Cancel below and then select Unicode options from the Encoding drop down list. Continue?”

What do I do?

I’m not sure whats going on. When i input the macro into GS it just doesn’t work. I get a global error when i enter the game. Any ideas?

New to the site but I have been coding and other things for years. I have seen it mentioned several times that the GnomeSequencer program needs exact language and scripts to function properly. This is true of all and or any computer languages. Sometimes even though you are using the right symbols for your commands and scripts an unexpected character set loaded can make it unrecognizable to the software. Which is the problem that I believe Many are encountering here. Not sure what Character set the author used here but once corrected, this is a beautiful macro that I now use as my 'go to - get it going' macro. 

To fix this script all that needs be done is to replace the single quotes in it starting with the name. Replace the ' at both ends of [‘DKDuel’] (see the difference in Character Sets between my single quote and the authors?) and continue to replace them till you have done them all. That's all you need to do. Don't forget to save the document and if you are already in game then /reload for the changes to be reflected.

Many thank yous to the Author for this one. Like I said Love it. Made minimal changes to it. Mostly removed Plague Strike as I chose Necrotic Plague for my lvl 100 talent and can save that rune for other things.

Yes, it took me several quits and screw this going back to the old way before finally getting the Gnome to work for me, honestly download the Notepad++ it makes cutting and pasting the macros posted a whole lot easier, be sure to cut and paste the ones from the little black boxes, it will make your life a lot easier, the funny thing is when you finally get it to work, your like why the heck did I never try it before,

Sequences['DKDuel'] = {
    PreMacro = [[
    ]],
    '/cast !Howling Blast',
	'/cast [combat] 14',
	'/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost',
    '/cast Obliterate',
    '/cast Plague Strike',
    '/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon',
    '/cast [combat] Chains of Ice',
    '/cast Frost Strike',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast Frost Strike',
	'/cast !Howling Blast',
	'/cast [combat] Blood Tap',
    '/cast Soul Reaper',
    '/cast Frost Strike',
	'/cast !Howling Blast',
}

ok,. My talent build is for DPS! I love seeing them big numbers on my tiny dps bar, so I use anything that gives me runic power, and Plague Leech is my first choice, then I use Lich Borne, why because I like to pvp as well, and it is a get out of jail card for me when pressing heat on my oponents, my third talent is chilblains for PVE and Asphyxiate for PVP,. then I use Blood Tap Runic Power yes my toons spasms but no one but myself can see it, after awhile you get use to it. Death Pact, because as frost in raids you rarely get heals and in pvp its hot letting the opponent come in and thinking he has you, and I pop my Anti magic shield and Death Pact, I can hear the butts puckering when that happens. Then Desecrated Ground, another get out of jail card, stops fear, etc very handy in raids, pvp, groups etc, lastly I have started using defile not only does it do damage it provides a bit of damage reduction we take, which works real nice when you are tunneled on a boss and not paying attention,

Now my Glyfs and why: ANti Magic shell, damage reduction glyf of icy runes gives runic power, glyf of empowerment gives a nice heal as well, this is pretty much my build it works for me and continually gives me runic power,

Now one other trick I have learned and if you have a gaming mouse or gaming keyboard you can bind this macro to for instance 1 then in 2 and 3 put oblit in 1 the macro in 2 and frost strike in 3, you will get the bonus hit and free howling blast, for Duel Wielding you get the bonus howling blast and you are generating runic power, with this method depending on gear you should top out dps,

I have had questions asked can you just spam the 1 key or which ever key you chose to spam, the answer is Yes, but you will wear your mouse out eventually, I have gone through 2 Logitech trac balls using the click method, works great but your fingers get tired, using a auto clicker it opens up opportunities to hit other buttons you may need, ice bound fortitude when arogue hits you, or you get stunned and really need to get out quick etc, but either or works depending on your play style

@Enmity… just to clarify, your macro is for a Duel Wield build and not a 2 Handed weapon build correct? Reason I’m asking is because you posted in a 2H Frost message and you Sequence name is DKDuel.

I have found that this macro works well with either 2Hander or DWield Specs, it is due to the way the frost runic system runs now, but a good rule of thumb is to know which is you basic spam/dump button, for DW with clicker you would spam your Frost Strikes, with 2Hander you would spam Oblit, I imagine you could watch and wait for the procs to hit and know which to hit when needed. the idea is to keep the KISS Rule. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid

Enmity, your new one works great! Thanks a lot. Also, is there a macro for AOE? This is my first melee class and trying to make it as easy as possible.

macro works great only have a question is there a way to have it to reset back to start of the macro every target

It actually does reset at the start of the next target Edd, like any ability/spell it is dependent on Runic Power, even if you were mashing specific buttons if you did not have enough runes to cast that ability/spell it wouldn’t fire off, what Gnome does is cycle through the order basically of your spells and fires them if there is Runes. that is why I also posted my build, I try to take advantage of any runic generating ability available. unfortunately finishing and targeting another target doesn’t give us free power, now if we have time for a cool down yes our power pretty much refreshes, GCD Global Cool Downs Keep in mind be aware of your surroundings its easy to fire off and hit another target after your focused target croaks and your not intending to do, Cough But this never happens to me

Hi,

I’ve been neglecting my DK and working on the Rogue as such my DK is only lvl95 atm.

Onto the macro I like your thinking that runic power is a must but I’m not sure I want to loose a frost rune on chains of ice for 10 runic gain. I’d rather use the frost rune towards a HB or Oblit. Anyway I thoguht I’d share the below it’s still in the working mini explanation below the macro for some talent choices which I may change as it’s still work in progress :-

-- Frost DK
Sequences['DKFrost'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat]pillar of frost
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
	'/cast [mod] Mind Freeze',
	"/castsequence [nomod]reset=target/combat Plague Strike,Death's Advance,Soul Reaper",
	'/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.5/combat Howling Blast,Obliterate,Obliterate',
	'/castsequence [combat,nomod]reset=20/combat Plague Leech,Outbreak',
	'/cast [nomod] Obliterate',
	'/cast [nomod] Frost Strike',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat,nomod] Blood Tap
/cast [combat,nomod] Anti-Magic Shell
/cast [combat,nomod] Empower Rune Weapon
/cast [combat,nomod] Dark Simulacrum
/startattack
]],
}

Death’s Advance = purely a time spacer so I can spread out my soul reaper / Plague strikes I don’t want a plague strike to hit if I’ve already got blood plague. It does drop off atm so the refresh aint great but I’m working on it.

Howling Blast,Obliterate,Obliterate = with a reset time of 0.5 I was basically trying to make sure I had some Obliterates in there instead of it spamming 3000 HB’s and two obliterates and 50 plague strikes…

Plague Leech,Outbreak on the 3rd line to hopefully use the diseases already placed then re-apply with Outbreak.

I’ll probably go the Defile route when I get 100.

Main talents taken (from memory) Plague Leech, Deaths Advance, Blood Tap,

Fill others with what you prefer, jury is still out on Death’s Advance until I get the timings done.

Glyphs (from memory) Regen-Anti-Magic Shell - Dark Simulacrum - Icy Touch

Icy Touch because I copy the macro above and replace Howling Blast for Icy Touch when I’m not allowed to do AoE attacks plus the removeal of a buff is handy. Dark Sim always tidy when that spell flies back at the caster =)

Anyway when I get home and back online I’ll keep playing with it and see what arises…

Rottz

** Edit I’ve moded it so I can have an interupt :-

[mod] Mind Freeze

Hey Rotz, you can remove the chains of ice its up to you, I have it in because I have it glyfed to give me 10 runic power when used, so you really are not wasting runes, I imagine it boils down to choices and how your play style is, there must be a few typos in the macro, I couldn’t get it to work, but I will dink with it later and test it in a bg, I dint use Dark Sim due to raid bosses you cant seem to copy their spells but for pvp that might be a awesome macro to use. as I said im all about the dps and I have no shame in using a better macro if one is out there lol for mods, I have never had much luck working those, I usually just mash needed buttons madly but I play with a razor game pad, and being old and fat its hard to teach a old dog heheh (EDIT) Found the typos, fixed em heheh

-- Frost DK
Sequences['TEST'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
/cast [combat]pillar of frost
/use [combat] 14
]],
	'/cast [mod] Mind Freeze',
	'/castsequence [nomod]reset=target/combat Plague Strike,Soul Reaper',
	'/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.5/combat Howling Blast,Obliterate,Obliterate',
	'/castsequence [combat,nomod]reset=20/combat Plague Leech,Outbreak',
	'/cast [nomod] Obliterate',