WindWalker PvE Macro

Hello!

I have been working on this macro for some time now and I think I am ready to share with you guys and hopefully you will find it useful or close to what you are looking for! Ive been looking for something that would work well with the talent Chi Explosion.

STATS

Unbuffed:
My monk is currently ilvl ~680.
Crit = 19%
Haste = 11%
Mastery = 30%
Multistrike = 30%
Versatility = 6%

My weapons are 1H, both 680 ilvl, and both have mark of warsong enchants. I also enchanted everything but the weapons with multistrike.

This is mainly to give you a reference to your own toon and too see where differences may occur as far as gear and what not.

TALENTS

T1 = anything really. The only one I would recommend is 1 only if you are using Chi Torpedo. Personal preference is 1 anyway.

T2 = You will be juggling between 1 and 3 on this one. I personally run 1 more often than 3 but when there is a fight with more than two adds, I always pick Chi Burst. And in the macro it is easy to add in, just change Chi Wave to Chi Burst!

T3 = You will never be wrong with 2. The extra Chi and energy regen is always welcome, especially with this macro!

T4 = 2 or 3 I find work best for me. Your choice!

T5 = I, for general use, use 1. But as you get into tougher content, 3 is usually always going to be your go to choice.

T6 = This is where you will never have a set talent. Unless you want to, of course. You will always be flip flopping between 1 (Rushing Jade Wind) and 2 (Invoke Xuen, White Tiger). If there is a fight with many small adds or a few big ones, usually out at the same time for extended periods, you will go 1. If there is only the boss and maybe one or two adds, you will always go 2.

T7 = Obviously, for this macro, use 2 (Chi Explosion).

GLYPHS

Floating Butterfly, Transcendence, and Touch of Karma

The only minor glyph you will worry about using is Blackout Kick. Many fights will require you to hit the boss from the front so this glyph is invaluable for those situations if not all the time. We are not using it here though.

Sequences['WW'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Touch of Karma
]],

'/castsequence [combat] !Fists of Fury',
'/cast [nochanneling] Jab',
'/cast [nochanneling] Rising Sun Kick',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Tiger Palm,Chi Explosion,Jab,Jab,Jab',
'/cast [combat,nochanneling] Chi Wave',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Jab,Jab,Jab,Chi Explosion,Jab,Jab,Jab,Tigereye Brew',

PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Energizing Brew
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I keep the big CDs out of the macro to simplify it and because most of the time those CDs are situational. I am pulling at least 30K+ with this macro, on single target fights. The more adds, the more damage is going out. I use a K95 RGB Corsair macro keyboard and keybind the G1 key macro to repeatedly press the ‘1’ on my keyboard and keep the macro assigned to the 1 slot of my ability bar. When there are multiple adds, I use Storm, Earth, and Fire and spam Rushing Jade Wind while the macro is being repeated. So you can do damage while you do damage.

So, as far as what this macro does, I made it to make sure FoF is always going off right after Tigereye Brew is triggered or shortly afterward. Brew will always be triggered with at least 6+ stacks and more often than not 8+ stacks. This is helped by the Chi Explosion (CE), which very often is triggered with 3+ Chi. My goal was to make sure CE went off with 3+ Chi as often as possible, but sometimes it goes off with 2+ or occasionally 1+ but that is alright! That is the utility of CE!

Other than that, if you wanted to add Expel Harm to the rotation, just add (’/castsequence [combat,nochanneling] reset=15 !Expel Harm’,) wherever you think is best to put it. I have not tried the macro with this in it so I do not know how that would change it. Feel free to try it though! I hope you all find this useful and enjoyable! Let me know how it goes!

Tried using the macro, don’t know if I am missing something or not but the macro doesn’t work at all. Going to try tweaking the wording see if something is off.

Hey Beau!
I just copy and pasted this macro into the GS file and made a macro in game and it is working for me. You might have missed something when copying it over or maybe the macro name in game doesn’t match the sequence name in the file? Happens to me so just throwing out ideas :slight_smile:

I’m having issues with my macro responding… It shows
#showtooltip
/click WW

So I’m good with that… However, I can’t get it to activate… It does nothing… I did another macro with my hunter and its working… :frowning:

Hey jennequick!

I now know what is wrong, thank you and Beau for posting about it. Last time I Copy&Pasted this, I changed the sequence name to something like MonkWW or WWMonk like I had it previously. This time I did not change the name and just used it right away and it did not work. So I changed the name after and it seemed to work. I looked at the error logs and it mentioned it did not like the name ‘WW’.
So change it to something like I had above:
Sequences[‘MonkWW’] = {
or
Sequences[‘WWMonk’] = {
And then change the macro name ingame to match, of course.
Try this and let me know if it works. Hopefully it does!!

I left out part of the gs assuming it was apparent that you should add this but,

Sequences['WW'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]], 
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm,dead]
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Touch of Karma
]],

'/cast [nochanneling] Rising Sun Kick',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Tiger Palm,Chi Explosion,Jab,Jab,Jab',
'/cast [combat,nochanneling] Chi Wave',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Jab,Jab,Jab,Chi Explosion,Jab,Jab,Jab,Tigereye Brew',

PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Energizing Brew
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Try this. I added the step function part. This should be in all macros. I didn’t post it with it because I’m silly like that. If this or the name change doesn’t work, I don’t know what else it could be. Sorry for the trouble caused by not putting this in the first time. Forgive me!! :confused: