Your thoughts on Gnomesequencer?

I’m trying to like this addon, but it’s giving me significantly lower DPS than what I am getting with your regular /cast sequence macro… The abilities spam through so fast that it skips over spells that are off cool down. For example, when I am in the middle of casting Cobra Shot for Survival and my Black Arrow is off cool down and is next in line, it completely skips over it and never casts Black Arrow again unless I manually do it. Same goes for Explosive Shot. This, however, doesn’t happen if you’re not using a auto-hotkey program… If you manually press the button, you can stop when it’s casting Cobra Shot to avoid it advancing in the macro.

If only there was a way to make the macro stop by itself when it’s using a spell that requires cast time.

It sounds like a priority issue, can you post the macro you are using?

I’m also not so enamored with it. It seems like a good fix if one has a castseq macro that’s hanging up or stalling b/c GS will move along, but it certainly doesn’t match the old priority system.

Having said that, if it’s skipping things, perhaps your keypress delay doesn’t match your latency.

Sequences[‘GMSurv’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
]],
‘/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection’,
‘/cast !Black Arrow’,
‘/cast !Explosive SHot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I, too, am wondering how to properly use that addon. I’ve been using several macros, things people said would increase my DPS. The only thing it does is skip my Chimaera shots most of the time and almost ignore Kill shots. I tried to tweak them, slow down my repeat time, nothing. I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong there. I went back to post and guides and I can’t seem to get this thing to work for me. Anyone got a good MM macro that know works well? Maybe it’s something I did wrong somewhere. Also, I’ve tried binding the key to my G15 key, put it on toggle at 50 MS repeat. Seems to work okay but skipping Chimaera kills my DPS.

Ok it appears that you have Black Arrow prioritized, so that is not the issue. I wanted to rule that out before I say the following: Sorry but problems with Macro’s casting, Sequencing not always lining up with abilities’ cool downs is just part of the nature of all macros, no matter how well they are written. While the overall length of a macro can be a factor, the main causes of this is latency, FPS and how fast you are spamming your macro’s key. With over 3 million players returning to the game server side latency as well is at an all time high, and FPS are at a all time low right now.

To be honest I only started using this addon this week, and I am finding my DPS is actually better then with my macros, I was using last week as well as in beta. I don’t know if it will help you or not, but here is what I am doing;

1. I use “Leatrix Latency Fix” available on WoWinerface Leatrix Latency Fix : Discontinued and Outdated Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns

“Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency.”

1. I have lowered some of my graph setting, a bit to help with my FPS. With the new engine Blizzard is using, I am finding I can’t tell the difference visually; between my current setting and my higher settings I used before the patch.

3 I adjust the timing my macro key spamming, to better line up better with my cool downs, Both Blizzard’s in game spell timer. as well as the Spell Flash addon helps a lot with this.

1. Similar as with 3 above I have always kept one eye on my cool downs and mouse click individual ability keys as needed.As I have learned the hard way over the years, never fully trust macros alone.

I am having a lot of problems with gnome, i have 3 sequences in the file but if i try to change any or add new sequences, it all stops working completely, becoming very frustrating, although i love the addon :stuck_out_tongue:

IM HAVEING SAME PROBLEM TOO.
Putting in a whole new sequence file does not help either.
Has someone got a solution

Hi folks,

i’ve noticed a serious problem with GS when using other languages then english. For example if you use spells with special characters like “ä”, “ü”, “ö” the sequencer skips the spell. Maybe this is a reason for some of the problems the people have with this addon.

I was advised in another forum that Elvui was messing up gnome/s ad i completely removed it from my comp. all sequences are now working great and i can add files and edit sequences i already use.

This is a super buggy add on not very user friendly at all
I can use the same macro that worked yesterday and it fails today. you add a macro tolist and it can break everything.
no one has even tried to contact me on any boards and it is greatly disappointing that the community is this way.
it works 50% of the time on my dk and 0% on monk
hunter macros are pretty sketchy. forum needs cleaned up and re organized just because of this add on
I would love to see a post that actually fixes the issues and not a repeat of “this is how you do this you dolts” type of answer anyone can copy and paste…

This topic is also being discussed here.

Probably goes without saying but since no one mentioned it you gotta spam your macro’s key slower than GCD.

its 2 scripty need a just copy and paste if it were morel iek a curseclient addon id go for it but i dont liek messign with files