Reply To: 9.15 Affliction Warlock - Admiral Smurf

Home/Classes/Warlocks/Affliction/8.0.x/9.15 Affliction Warlock - Admiral Smurf/Reply To: 9.15 Affliction Warlock - Admiral Smurf

Forums Forums Classes Warlocks Affliction 8.0.x 9.15 Affliction Warlock - Admiral Smurf Reply To: 9.15 Affliction Warlock - Admiral Smurf

AdmiralSmurf
Stone Guard
(Contributor)

Great Stuff here. I think you inspired some curiosity in me also. I will test these theories and give feedback.

AdmiralSmurf
First off I would like to express my admiration for how you thought out all sides on this macro and your design going into it. Going to a builder/spender model does seem to be the way to go. I had no idea about adding pet attack lines to the macro. You got me thinking on a lot of things, and was wondering if you could answer any of my questions in this thread. In particular I was hoping you could chime in on mods like alt, control, and shift with toggle macros.
Next I would like to add some constructive input. For the builder macro, you have a reset=target line. 2 things. First I think GSE added a box you can check on the upper right (above all of the trinkets and ring stuff) called ‘reset’ which is supposed to reset your macro on target. My understanding is this. In the sequence section, resets for targets and timers are disabled because there is a fundamental difference in how the game treats a KeyPress as opposed to a KeyAction. KeyPress uses KeyPresses, and Sequence uses KeyAction. Target and timer resets on castsequence work on the KeyPress, but not on KeyAction, so any reset for time or targets in Sequence gets ignored. But you can still do it in KeyPress. Thus if you have
/castsequence reset=3/tar Agony, Corruption
in the KeyPress section, it should work fine for target switching. Or maybe you can do it with the toggle on the GSE interface for the macro itself. But putting it in the body will not work if my understanding is right.
Next on how your macro plays out. YOu load up as many targets as you can with your builder, then when you hit 5 shards dump with the spender. Here is the thing that bothers me. Unstable affliction increases the damage to your target by 10%. This means if you usually do not have it running, all of the DoTs on target do less. This becomes a lot more problematic if you are using Siphon Life and Haunt, as that are more spells not doing that 10% extra damage. But also I think it is an error if are using Creeping Death, which shortens your DOT duration. I think this kind of approach works very well with a more bursty build (such as one with Deathbolt, Writhe in Agony, and Dark Soul: Misery) because you stack all of that stuff into a single burst phase and it all amplifies each other. But I am not so sure for a more sustain build such as (siphon life/creeping death).
For this reason my philosophy was to create a timing pattern that tried to hold 1 stack of UA on the target at all times. That way your off burst mode time was still doing the extra 10%. You seem to have done a lot of testing, and I was wondering if you though this out…does the stacked advantage of bursting outweigh that 10% dps loss for all specs?
Next I am not sure if you know this, but I ran across this
/cast [talent:6/2] Haunt
If you put that in the line, unless you have Haunt talented (it is talent tier 6, 2nd talent), GSE ignores it. So instead of having 4 different versions of the macro, you can roll them all up into one version with those talent caveats. Works really well for priority step functions.
EDIT 18Sep2018
Got this AHK toggle script to work, toggles mb4, mb5, f1 (use in windowed mode)

WinGet, wowid, List, World of Warcraft #ifWinActive World of Warcraft ; to force the hotkey only to WoW
toggleST := false toggleAOE := false toggleHealdmg := false
CustomColor = 000000 ; Can be any RGB color (it will be made transparent below). Gui +LastFound +AlwaysOnTop +ToolWindow -Caption ; +ToolWindow avoids a taskbar button and an alt-tab menu item. Gui, Color, %CustomColor% Gui, Font, s14 q3 ; q3 to non-antialias the text, only works in AHK_L Gui, Add, Text, vMyText cLime w200 +Center Gui, Add, Text, vMyText2 cLime w300 Gui, Add, Text, vMyText3 cLime w300 WinSet, TransColor, %CustomColor% 150 sw := A_ScreenWidth/100 sh := A_ScreenHeight/100 Gui, Show, % “x” . sw*44 . ” y” sh*2, NoActivate ; NoActivate avoids deactivating the currently active window. return
$F1:: if(toggle1) { toggle1 := false SetTimer, Send1, Off GuiControl,, MyText, } else { toggle1 := true toggle2 := false toggle3 := false SetTimer, Send2, Off SetTimer, Send3, Off GuiControl,, MyText2, GuiControl,, MyText3, ; Choose a delay here! SetTimer, Send1, 100 GuiControl,, MyText, F1 ENABLED } return
Xbutton1:: if(toggle2) { toggle2 := false SetTimer, Send2, Off GuiControl,, MyText2, } else { toggle2 := true toggle1 := false toggle3 := false SetTimer, Send1, Off SetTimer, Send3, Off GuiControl,, MyText, GuiControl,, MyText3, ; Choose a delay here! SetTimer, Send2, 100 GuiControl,, MyText2, MB4 ENABLED } return
Xbutton2:: if(toggle3) { toggle3 := false SetTimer, Send3, Off GuiControl,, MyText3, } else { toggle3 := true toggle1 := false toggle2 := false SetTimer, Send1, Off SetTimer, Send2, Off GuiControl,, MyText, GuiControl,, MyText2, ; Choose a delay here! SetTimer, Send3, 100 GuiControl,, MyText3, MB5 ENABLED } return
Send1: ifWinActive, World of Warcraft Send {F1} return
Send2: ifWinActive, World of Warcraft Send {Xbutton1} return
Send3: ifWinActive, World of Warcraft Send {Xbutton2} return
#ifWinActive ; to end the WoW key binding

Am using 3 macros inspired by you. I can not use mods with toggles. So I toggle on builder on mb4, toggle on spender on mb5, and if I want to blow long CDs, toggle on my long cd macro which does darkglare. I would need to generate other variants on the builder, but you get the picture.
Builder (for mb4)
dWZGcaWsLG3kPIxlPmtfvDmeZgupgPBcIFbvFtL6YO2PG9sTBs2VcNxjzykYVHYPvXqvkgSugUq6GsQQ1jPshwvhxcwOeAPcLfRuTCapurLEkXYKQNtQjQuAQqAYaLPl6Ikk6Qkk8mj66qSrfLSvfvSzfLA7sQY0uIAwG0NfQ(UkPrceJtj1OvjgVsKtcuDxHixdiDpHOoNqyBsYTvcTjg1bIfP4maF(TZmMdDJAb9HzvQTuwUuFPE3cima2H6aXcKNcGnhgqFWuAJ6aXOoqSGtFDoA9jqj3r4q3co915OvN8Hzvw3k8EKgTLxtwtCO0co91PMlGWkkpA9YE19e0rJC3Dyzl40xNAUacRO8O1l7v3tqhTQsYuLdGAbN(6uZfqyfLhTEzV6Ec6OfX6jhQSGtFDoALeYKd3wWPVohn5Ydg21rR4jzlBW0jKNcGzuNwaHFW8ULatR5Dlfz407wIDuXjE3IKC0zHOO5btzr4ciSkppSLf4vBayT2OoqSGtFDQ5ciSIYJ2ObWAoJC(aX5eVC0gTiwpbD0QkjtvqhnYDh6OPqGHDOBbpkNFMpTMtllWRIXW8RzJ60ckWrvJZU3TmxSf3)0fTe7OI39ULnamKNcGzuNwqboQACs8UtNwGSkVCOBGr0oqSa5vipm4QKbQhRYdMYfTSfrfNXuoqSacdh1ILT8SFe40bIfjktbFRd9kqTazvE5qDGyj2FaZbIf0ZI81hU2rf3bIL6JKxWaSmphLV60PnaSBUILDER Talents 33x2x22
This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.10.
Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential
KeyPress: Siphon Life, Corruption, Agony
Main Sequence: Shadow Bolt, Firebolt, Haunt, Agony, Phantom Singularity, Siphon Life, Corruption

Spender (for mb5)
dCJVbaWsKK3kr2Msz2k6Mus)cKBJezNIAVKDJy)a(Re0VvLbIemuGmyv1WPGoOK4XcDmQCoKOwisvlLcTyk1YPQxRu9uuldupxWevGPQKjJuz6qxeP0Hv5YsDDkQnkPSvGsBgOY2rkMgL40I8zjW3rcnsGQwNeA0uG7kjDsKudtHUMKQZlr9mkY4uqFdOy50szN4k1QvidI28aAnQmSwIx3Sjyq8nNIh0G7mprLDIzd7i1dugERU4kMrdEEX8EIGP4ofQqOjnP05fB9I(hyBFi9ibTu2PLYoXqXlGa)s4nBcw0ceCvGp8yDhyOSYWIHIxab(LWB2eS4geCvGVLHUHoLnjgkEbe4BA0nouzlIHIxab(LWB2eSOdYuvGp8Mf34MY1fdfVac8n5CJkVjgkEbe4ZgC09OiWN(e2Ib9cO1l6FAjum47Jozlo3XDzlM(EIYwSXePaNSfV8jYEJWYwSXePayzlMQUmiFhcAju8YNi7n6KTygBdRzMeX0JigKp98jSSyq(26f9pTekMQUSXE2xO1sOqHITEeZ3KAc2EAAcMEezluOeaAFF_SPENDER Talents all
This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.10.
Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority
Main Sequence: Haunt, Firebolt, Phantom Singularity, Deathbolt, Unstable Affliction
Long CD (for F1 toggle)
dCJVbaWsKK3kr2Msz2k6Mus)cKBJezNIAVKDJy)a(Re0VvLbIemuGmyv1WPGoOK4XcDmQCoKOwisvlLcTyk1YPQxRu9uuldupxWevGPQKjJuz6qxeP0Hv5YsDDkQnkPSvGsBgOY2rkMgL40I8zjW3rcnsGQwNeA0uG7kjDsKudtHUMKQZlr9mkY4uqFdOy50szN4k1QvidI28aAnQmSwIx3Sjyq8nNIh0G7mprLDIzd7i1dugERU4kMrdEEX8EIGP4ofQqOjnP05fB9I(hyBFi9ibTu2PLYoXqXlGa)s4nBcw0ceCvGp8yDhyOSYWIHIxab(LWB2eS4geCvGVLHUHoLnjgkEbe4BA0nouzlIHIxab(LWB2eSOdYuvGp8Mf34MY1fdfVac8n5CJkVjgkEbe4ZgC09OiWN(e2Ib9cO1l6FAjum47Jozlo3XDzlM(EIYwSXePaNSfV8jYEJWYwSXePayzlMQUmiFhcAju8YNi7n6KTygBdRzMeX0JigKp98jSSyq(26f9pTekMQUSXE2xO1sOqHITEeZ3KAc2EAAcMEezluOeaAFF_SPENDER Talents all
Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority
Main Sequence: Haunt, Firebolt, Phantom Singularity, Deathbolt, Unstable Affliction