Auto targeting without knowing what will be targeted next could very easily get you wiped in a raid or M+ run. In general open world/questing should be fine.
1. As for AutoHotKey, download and install it. https://www.autohotkey.com/v2
2. Then take the below code and paste it into a text file and save it. Remove the opening and closing ———— before saving the file.
3. Rename the file extension to .ahk
4. When ready right click on the file and select ‘Run Script’
5. This script is currently set up as follows; change it to suit your own preference:
‘Send 7’ is the keyboard key that the script will press when enabled.
‘freq:=50’ is the speed (ms) the key will be pressed. I normally use 100 but am testing 50.
‘,::’ (comma) is the enable key to start the script.
‘.::’ (period) is the disable key to stop the script.
Note: Pressing and holding the left mouse button will pause the script. Also pressing the right mouse button at the same time allows you to move with your mouse without attacking stuff. But if you walk over top of a enemy the script may kick in on you. Happens to me all the time so be careful. As soon as you need to engage an enemy release the left mouse button. The script will take it from there. Also remember that the faster (ms) the key press is the harder it can be to use other non-scripted buttons. You can minimize that by holding down the left mouse button then press the desired key then release the left mouse button. All this gets easier as you get used to the quirks.
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
$stop := 0
KeyWait, LButton, U
$stop := 1