Forums Forums Classes Druids Balance 8.0.x These are the Single Target and Multi-Target Macros I am using. Reply To: These are the Single Target and Multi-Target Macros I am using.

Bamboozle
Scout

Can you give me some pointers setting up the corsair side of things? I recently switched to a corsair K70 RGB keyboard and I am totally new to making the settings for macros.

Are you firing at 30ms? I can’t seem to find the sweet spot.

BTW I run this at .4ms

Wait what? .4????? Isnt that way to fast?

I’m presuming .4ms is a typo or a casual mistake as it exceeds traditional polling rates of 125 Hz (8ms) or 1000 Hz (1ms).
tl;dr I use 100ms for macro 1 and 150ms for macro 2 (and, as a side note regarding the talents, I use 2222121 to match the macros, I do not alter the macros to match the posted traits).
Personal Note: It is my sincere intention to uplift and inform, not to troll or put anyone on the spot… please.
Because questions appear in almost every major thread on this subject, I offer the following general knowledge, predicated on an assumption of USB technology (and discounting PS/2 and RS232 alternatives) —
Poll Rate is simply how often the keyboard is asked if new data is available. When a keyboard wants to communicate with its host (such as when a key is pressed or released), it must wait until the host requests communications. A device will tell the host at initialization how often it should ask for new data, this is the USB poll-rate. Historically, non-gaming keyboards ask for a 10ms interval. USB is a host driven bus.
Matrix Scan Rate – The keys on a keyboard are a matrix of switches. Most generally, the matrix is composed of rows and columns of wires that connect the switches. The contacts of the switches connect a row wire with a column wire. This completes a circuit that can be detected by a controller. The rate (and method) that the matrix is scanned is the matrix scan rate. Keyboard Matrix Help The activity of the keyboard controller happens entirely inside the input device independent of the device’s host.
Debouncing Rate – Bouncing is the tendency of any two metal contacts in an electronic device to generate multiple signals as the contacts close or open; debouncing is any kind of hardware device or software that ensures that only a single signal will be acted upon for a single opening or closing of a contact. The speed that a debouncing solution can act with assurance is the debouncing rate.
Calder Limmen wrote a very good primer on What Influences Keyboard Input Speed. It is a contemporary (2018) piece that speaks to latency and factors that contribute to perceived, as well as, actual keyboard processing.
Most often, when people are referring to a rate here (for macro processing speed), they are referring to a Repeating Delay. This is the delay programmatically introduced/controlled by software that interactes with either the keyboard driver or the host operating system. These utilities are now often bundled with most gaming keyboard drivers. A user can program their input device (keyboard, mouse, or controller) with actions/behaviors. Such are often are generically called keyboard/mouse/controller macros (not to be confused with the term of the same name that is often present within game software). Because each hardware and software manfacturer has their own way of implementing input enhancements, truly generic tutorials either don’t exist or fail to avoid slipping from generic to manufacturer specific examples. This is why, when people ask what the “ms” stuff people are talking about, is often met with vague responses that refer the questioner to his/her own device utilities or suggest third-party software — which is the right answer and rightly places the burden back on the questioner to make the intuitive or informed leap to solution.
Way-deep dive (for the truly maschostic)– Patents related to Character input methods
Concluding Thoughts: I believe there is always room for improvement, but I am satisfied with the results I’m getting. That my timing appears different than the OP or others is not suprising. Every gear-mix has significant potential to create variance in performance. Over time, your fuzzy comfort zone for what is “comparable” performance will broaden or narrow as your experience with your particular gear-mix changes. So consider timing suggestions a steer to influence your gear-mix experience. If/when you find your numbers are different, share your experience; the more data shared the better we all are — a rising tide lifts all boats.
My Share: I use a Corsair Strafe RGB STEALTH and presently my delays are 100ms and 150ms for GSE Macros 1 and 2 respectively. I have the simple actions defined as: single key press, 50ms delay, single key release, with a continuous loop delayed by 100/150ms respectively. The actions are then bound to my 1 and 2 keys. And as noted above I use a 2222121 talent setup.