2H Frost DK 5.4

Hello! So this is my first official post on the forums even though I’ve been reading and using a lot of the macros on this website. I decided it was time to get involved and submit my own macros.

So these are my two main DK macros for 2H Frost!
My talents are 1,2,1,1,2,2 and my glyphs are Festering Blood, AMS, and Death and Decay

This is my single target macro aka boss fights:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=6/target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Soul Reaper
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
/cast [combat] Raise Dead
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This is my aoe macro aka trash:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Plague Strike,Blood Boil
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Plague Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Blood Boil
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This is my first macro that I have written from scratch so please let me know what you think!

Started to play some on my DK agian to day, and i found a macro erlier on this site witch I have used to day, but either yours or the one I have has Icy touch and Pestilence in them, why is that? Im no DK pro so… =)

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=5/target Death's Advance,Plague Strike
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Im only 78 so I dont have soul reaper yet…

I don’t have Icy Touch in the macro because Howling Blast applies your FF and I don’t have pestilence in the macro because I’m spec’d into Roiling Blood which makes your Blood Boil spread diseases.

Tried to use the single target macro today in Macro Toolkit, but the only spells that would fire were Howling Blast and Plague Strike, over and over. I’m new to Macro Toolkit so it’s probably something that I’m doing wrong. I copied and pasted the macro into the Extended MK window, saved and moved the macro icon to my spellbar. When I tried the macro on a target dummy nothing but Howling Blast and Plague Strike. Any clue what I’m doing wrong?

Are you sure you used the single target marco? Because it sounds like you are using the AOE macro. Also check your key bindings. You may have it bound incorrectly.

[quote quote=12098]

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">Bone Daddy wrote:</div> Tried to use the single target macro today in Macro Toolkit, but the only spells that would fire were Howling Blast and Plague Strike, over and over. I’m new to Macro Toolkit so it’s probably something that I’m doing wrong. I copied and pasted the macro into the Extended MK window, saved and moved the macro icon to my spellbar. When I tried the macro on a target dummy nothing but Howling Blast and Plague Strike. Any clue what I’m doing wrong?
Are you sure you used the single target marco? Because it sounds like you are using the AOE macro. Also check your key bindings. You may have it bound incorrectly. [/quote]Thanks, once you mentioned key bindings I knew what I had done wrong. Working fine now.

I am having the same problem, is their a certain way I need the skills set up on the action bar? can Someone help me get the macro to work proper.

Noting when it comes to macros. These macros are designed to be single button spam. For example, you make the Single target macro in macro took kit and save it. Put that macro on button “1” of your action bar. When I say button “1” I mean the action bar button that is bound to “1” key. You do the same for aoe macro and place it on button “2”. Now in what ever program or game pad you are using to auto spam, assign any key to “1” to spam while you are holding it down. Do same for another key to spam “2”. Once you do this all you have to do is press and hold that key to spam single target macro or the second key to spam the aoe macro.

What you do have to tweak for your self is what to set reset=0.# compared to how fast you can set the key presses and LAG!!!

This is my understanding and the calculations have worked very well for me. Choosing reset=0.# is a combination of couple of things

1. How fast you are able to emulate key presses.
  2. How many spells you have in your priority list.
  3. Your World Lag. Very important and most forget to take it in to account.

For my game pad, the fastest key presses I can do is every 0.05sec (50ms). Which translates to 20 key presses per second. Look at you lag. In my case I have a steady world lag of 100ms. so if I have 5 priorities, then I need to set a minimum of reset=0.4 (0.1 second [lag] + 5 x 0.05 seconds [for each priority casts] = 0.35) to ensure that the macro goes through all the priorities every second (One Global Cooldown). I would put reset=0.5 or 0.6 to compensate for lag spikes in raid environment. Here, if your gamepad or software can do key presses faster than 0.05 then adjust reset=0.# accordingly.

The idea behind this is to make sure that you are able to go through the entire macro at least once in one global cooldown(1 second) minus the lag that you have.

Hope this helps you to understand and sort your issues out.

what does this have to do with macros

This post has been hijacked!!

Someone posting on the forums has a virus\cookies on their system and it, the virus, copy this post url and now we are getting this add spam.