4.2 Hunter - Marksmanship Lazy Macro

Back again with another hunter no brain macro. Since I was on his hunter and his offspec was marksman, said sure why not make one for it. This one is a spammable 1 button, with a modifier for Aimed Shot.

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Aimed Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting,Hunter's Mark,null
/castsequence Steady Shot
/castsequence Kill Command,Chimera Shot,Arcane Shot
/castsequence reset=120 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Shot
/use 13
/use 14

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED July 28, 2011: Added Arcane Shot to the rotation for extra DPS (Thanks Ashley for the idea).[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

Great blog, thank you! I really like it.

I was messing with my hunter today trying a few things and I was able to squeeze a few more deeps out. Only caveat i see is a possible drop off of Serpent Sting due to increased focus use (addition of Arcane Shot). In my tests however it managed to fire off a chimera in enough time to refresh the Serpent Sting. This also solves the issue of the “/castsequence Kill Command,Chimera Shot” line breaking if your pet is dead or unable to use Kill Command. Sadly this kills the trinkets but on my hunter neither have an “on use” function.

/castsequence [mod]Aimed Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting, Hunter’s Mark,null
/castsequence Steady Shot
/castsequence Arcane Shot,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=6 Kill Command
/castsequence reset=120 Rapid Fire,Readiness,Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Shot

Hi Ashley, sounds interesting, from the looks of it I bet we can clean it up a bit and squeeze those trinkets back again for those that need it :wink:

Hello Ashley, I’m back from testing a lot and have the results. Your macro in theory should work perfect but the game would rarely fire Kill Command making big gaps before it uses this spell again. I could not find a proper way to deal with the issue if the pet is dead or not attacking without hurting the Kill Command, but I will add the Arcane Shot to the rotation.

You’re the boss =) …and as i said before I am happy just to help out.

So I just got this macro today and I’ve been trying to test it out. I noticed that the chimera shot doesn’t cast in to to renew the serpent sting? It casts right after SS goes away for some reason, then I have to either manually click SS or click off the target and reactivate the macro. Am I doing something wrong? I’m not sure if this is the reason, but I don’t have a use for the second trinket, so I took that out of the macro, maybe the timing is off because of that?

Hello Angela, there is a few things that may cause this. Are you level 85? Make sure the pet is attacking and not dead. Might not be spamming fast enough the macro key or maybe latency issues with the macro.

Try removing “,Arcane Shot” from the sequence and this should temporary fix it. It works fine for me and the person that suggested to include the Arcane Shot test it several times.

Hopefully this get you up and running until you figure out what is preventing the renew.

I was recommended this web site through my cousin.

I am no longer sure whether this publish is written by means of him as no one
else realize such unique about my difficulty. You are amazing!
Thanks!