6.0.4 Survival Gnome Sequencer (Better DPS Than Marks)

In light of the new hotfix to Survival’s DPS which pushed it’s Raid DPS higher than Marksman, I decided to give making a simple Sequence a go. It may not be as efficient as it could be, but so far, I am out DPSing my Marksman spec on both a training dummy and in Highmaul on every single boss by at least 5k+ dps as the final dps score on recount.

---Hunter---

---Survival---

Sequences['SVS'] = { 
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/use Draenic Agility Potion
]],
	'/cast !Black Arrow',	
	'/cast A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
	'/cast Arcane Shot',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Cobra Shot',
	'/cast !Black Arrow',	
	'/cast A Murder of Crows',
	'/cast !Explosive Shot',
	'/cast Glaive Toss',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/cast !Black Arrow
]],
}

I use the Steady Focus and Lone Wolf talents. I highly recommend Steady Focus so you don’t run into any focus starvation issues using Gnome Sequencer with Survival, as I found happens frequently without it and causes you to miss black arrow or murder of crows when they are off CD.

Feel free to tweak this if you think you can help make it more efficient.

what ilvl are you im 640 and im having to manually fire 2 cobra shots when i see black arrow coming off CD and low on focus hitting 15k on dummy . crit food and greater flask + crit buff . just dont feel it atm the MM macros do more

640 ilvl, same issues as above. Barely 15k. MM I hit 25k burst, 20-21k sustained.

No Serpent Sting?

SS is applied by AC and MS.

Cobra shot doesnt fire in this macro…

Your title is misleading.

ilvl 645.

base : 5min on dummy (unbuffed session)

This GS macro : 15.2K DPS
My MM-GS macro : 22K DPS with opening burst to 35-40K

MM is better than survival, despite the hotfix.

will try on butcher heroic tonight.

which one you using for MM

655 item level, multistrike gems & enchants, 100 multistrike food, 250 Agility flask, also I used a Razor auto fire for my tests. rapid cycling through the abilities. never have issues with cobra shot as mentioned above, as my steady focus buff always applies on me every now and then.

Also in regards to burst, yes, gnome sequencer or not, pre-wod and post-wod, MM always had a burst advantage over Survival, but that openign burst dps is lost over the course of the fight when raid battles go on for 5-15 minutes each in Highmaul as survival is able to sustain it’s dps with no down times as with MM.

the problem with testing MM on your garrison dummy is that chimaera shot is always going to hit the tank dummy as well so you’re not showing true single target damage and hence the inflated parse… just my 2 cents since i have not compared the 2 specs yet.

gonna give this a try since 640+ my hunter has felt lackluster vs even my paladins dps

What sleep time u have on your macro?
My gear 653
I spam macro every 30 ms have 18k dps on raider dummy

I fixed some of the code:

—Hunter—

—Survival—

Sequences[‘SVS’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/use Draenic Agility Potion
]],