7.0.3 RET lvl 100 One Button Macro

I’m trying to get divine storm to have priority and fire when possible while the alt key is pressed. Else when alt is not pressed the single target portion of the macro fires. I was able to do this is WOD. Any suggestions on how to get this work in Legion?

Sequences[‘RuneRet’] = {
author=“Runehammer”,
specID=70,
version=1,
source = “Local”,
helpTxt = “Retribution one button macro -Talents: 1112111”,
icon=‘INV_Sword_2H_AshbringerCorrupt’,
lang=“enUS”,
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [combat]Avenging Wrath
/cast [mod:alt]Divine Storm
]],
“/cast Judgment”,
“/cast Crusader Strike”,
“/cast Blade of Wrath”,
“/cast Blade of Justice”,
“/cast Justicar’s Vengeance”,
“/cast Templar’s Verdict”,
“/cast Wake of Ashes”,
“/cast Wake of Ashes”,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattck
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Sequences['RuneRet'] = {
author="Runehammer",
specID=70,
helpTxt = "Retribution one button macro -Talents: 1112111",
icon='INV_Sword_2H_AshbringerCorrupt',
lang="enUS",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [mod:alt]Divine Storm",
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast Crusader Strike",
"/cast Blade of Wrath",
"/cast Blade of Justice",
"/cast Justicar’s Vengeance",
"/cast Templar’s Verdict",
"/cast Wake of Ashes",
PostMacro = [[
/startattck
]],
}

I’ve cleaned this up but a couple of notes. (I was using the 1.4.0 Beta 1)

• Put into a code block so you can copy / paste this either ingame or to myMacros etc.
  • Mode Divine Storm from your PreMacro to the first line of your main Body. With a Priority StepFunction this will always fire as first line as soon as you hold Alt.
  • Move Avenging Wrath to PostMacro. It then wont block the line you are trying to cast.
  • Removed Boilerplate that is overridden and replaced by the values in your GS-E Global Options.
  • Removed the Duplicates as they are not coming into play with the Priority function. (You can track this by running the Sequence Debugger.)

Thanks for cleaning it up! I will look into the firing order of the main body to see if I can tweak the rotation to squeeze out as much single target DPS as possible.

Transitioning from GS to GSE has been a experience.

Try the following:

Sequences['RuneRet'] = {
author="Runehammer",
specID=70,
helpTxt = "Retribution one button macro -Talents: 1112111",
icon='INV_Sword_2H_AshbringerCorrupt',
lang="enUS",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast [talent:7/1]Justicar’s Vengeance",
"/cast [nomod]Templar’s Verdict",
"/cast [mod:alt]Divine Storm",
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast Crusader Strike",
"/cast Blade of Justice",
"/cast Wake of Ashes",
PostMacro = [[
/startattck
]],
}

I put “/cast [talent:7/1]Justicar’s Vengeance” at top because you don’t want to use JV if you don’t have Divine Purpose talented. This should allow you to not use it if you wanted to use something other than DP.

“/cast [nomod]Templar’s Verdict” & “/cast [mod:alt]Divine Storm” allows it so that if you do press ALT then Templar’s Verdict won’t fire off no matter what, possibly wasting Holy Power that you planned on using for DS.

Also I took out “/cast Blade of Wrath” because it’s essentially the same as “/cast Blade of Justice”. When a talent changes a base skill, it will still fire off. This way if you decide to spec into Divine Hammer, then your macro will still fire off Divine Hammer even though the talent replaces the base skill of Blade of Justice. Makes it easier so you don’t have to rewrite you macro.

Also of note is that I put all my Holy Power spenders at the top of the list, with Justicar’s Vengeance 1st. This way when Divine Purpose procs, you want to use it on JV. And you should only use JV when DP procs. I also put TV and DS up top because I’ve noticed sometimes that I’ll have Blade of Wrath or Crusader Strike or even Wake of Ashes peg my Holy Power at 5 or more, which is a waste. So I want to make sure that they go off as soon as I get 3 HP. Personal preference but it works pretty good for me.

Templar’s Verdict and Justicar’s Vengeance are not firing when i use the posted macros above