Contribute

7.1.5 GS:E Change question

Home/Website/News/7.1.5 GS:E Change question

Forums Forums Website News 7.1.5 GS:E Change question

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Scout

Message: Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:546: attempt to concatenate local ‘specclass’ (a nil value)
    Time: 01/10/17 14:10:58
    Count: 2
    Stack: [C]: ?
    Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:546: in function <Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:535>
    Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\Core.lua:642: in function ?’
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4385: in function
    ChatEdit_ParseText’
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4053: in function ChatEdit_SendText’
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4089: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4085>
    [C]: in function
    ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed’
    [string “*:OnEnterPressed”]:1: in function <[string “*:OnEnterPressed”]:1>

Locals:

I get that now after the temp fix. One of my macros for hunter wont work. Others are working fine.
    The forum formatting is messing up the formatting. Weird. Just remove the code tags and it will be fine. It appears the text from ingame is thought to be code tags here lol.

Dainius
    Sergeant

Confirmed, worked for me too! Thanks a lot!

Aimbot69
    Grunt

Temp fix has not worked for me. Can anyone with a working temp fix upload it so I can download it? I have tried copy/paste, and the 2 — at line 421 and have had no success.

Scartaris
    Grunt

The author of this FREE addon owes you nothing. They do have lives outside of what they do involving the addon. It will be fixed when he has time, or when someone else in the community (looks like someone has already found a temp fix) is able to help out with a fix.

Amen. Personally, I am relieved that this is a known issue and that the author(s) are working on a fix. Thanks folks. 🙂

Ben Lavender
    Grunt

updated in Due time? most authors bother to test during a patches ptr, not wait until the whole thing dies on users first.

The author of this FREE addon owes you nothing. They do have lives outside of what they do involving the addon. It will be fixed when he has time, or when someone else in the community (looks like someone has already found a temp fix) is able to help out with a fix.
    Until then, you’re welcome to go elsewhere.

Yes, this program is free but the author of the free program said there would be no problems, and look at what is happening now. Free or not unless you know for 100% certainty your program isn’t going to fail then you shouldn’t they there won’t be any problems. The fact that this program doesn’t work at all after the update shows that he didn’t bother to test in PTR. So your reaction is a bit uncalled for.

Ben Lavender
    Grunt

Temp fix has not worked for me. Can anyone with a working temp fix upload it so I can download it? I have tried copy/paste, and the 2 — at line 421 and have had no success.

I can’t seem to get it fixed either I’ve done the two dashes just like everyone says and still nothing

TimothyLuke
    Conqueror
    (Addon Dev)
    Draik <Vinum et Feminae> of Nagrand -US Level 110 Blood Elf Paladin

Recent Activity

The author said there would be no issues with GSE 2.0 and so far its almost ready.

With regards to test, I have been unable to use the PTR since 7.1 was released and Blizzard have had no interest in fixing my access. This is my first post about the issue: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749236201

BattleNet: TimothyLuke#1860
    WowLazyMacros/Curse/GitHub/WowInterface: TimothyLuke

Most Commonly Played Characters:
    Huldrych@Dath'Remar
    Draik@Nagrand

Gander
    Grunt
    Gander <Rock and Blame Roll> of Drakkari -US Level 110 Tauren Warrior

Recent Activity

Anyone know when the addon update is?

Sean Tipple
    Sergeant

updated in Due time? most authors bother to test during a patches ptr, not wait until the whole thing dies on users first.

The author of this FREE addon owes you nothing. They do have lives outside of what they do involving the addon. It will be fixed when he has time, or when someone else in the community (looks like someone has already found a temp fix) is able to help out with a fix. Until then, you’re welcome to go elsewhere.

Yes, this program is free but the author of the free program said there would be no problems, and look at what is happening now. Free or not unless you know for 100% certainty your program isn’t going to fail then you shouldn’t they there won’t be any problems. The fact that this program doesn’t work at all after the update shows that he didn’t bother to test in PTR. So your reaction is a bit uncalled for.

If the author wanted to up and quit working on it without any explanation, he could. He owes you, myself, or anyone absolutely nothing. He does this for free. Whether or not he said it would be fine (according to TL, he was referring to the new version, 2.0). Even if he DID say it would work fine on release, PTR does not = live. Something could have changed in the live release that threw something off. To come here and QQ about your addon not working is ridiculous, especially less than 24 hours after patch launch.

huon
    Grunt

I think we are having the same issue. It takes time to update the addon when a new patch comes out.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.