7.1 Multi and ST(Boss) Affliction

So… Affliction… not feeling much love right?

So you want to Multi-dot but it’s awkward and it’s a little bit of a hassle to keep tabbing those mobs and run through the cycle again and reapply and those mean people at Blizzard blocked the use of a really useful app for click targeting through mobs. R.I.P EnemyGrid

Well…

I have been working on something but i found that there is a limit in the WoW API that kind of stops the ability to have multi /targetenemy present in the main body, it tends to eat them all like the cookie monster.
So i have had to adapt and add it in with a conditional which allows it to stay and work but it’s not the smartest and will often change to a previously targeted mob but this is better than nothing and only affects AoE.

It’s not the prettiest macro out there. It works and it will apply multi-dots to multiple targets just like you want but i have removed the auto target if none is selected from the PreMacro. The first target you will need to select manually but after that you should be good to go.

I have attempted to split up AoE and ST/Boss Macros but you will end up using both for all encounters.

First one should be used to dot up as many mobs as you feel you need to and then switch it over to the ST macro so you can burn them down. Essentially dot up the trash then burn the stronger mob down.

IMPORTANT NOTES
This is not the easiest set of macros to work as it requires both fast clicks and pausing.
Fast clicks can be used on your instant casts and when it switches targets, if you see the ? appear then you know it’s about to switch targets. You can essentially press it 3 (4 from the start/reset) times then pause for Seeds to cast then resume it.

Drain Life is just filler, it’s also used to heal you up from Life Taps or other stuff and it’s also used intentionally to blow up your Seeds sooner.

Sequences['MassAffliction'] = {
author="Cenobiarch@Saurfang",
specID=265,
version=1,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3212113",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/cast Phantom Singularity",
"/cast Seed of Corruption",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Life Tap",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}
Sequences['Afflicted'] = {
author="Cenobiarch@Saurfang",
specID=265,
version=3,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2212112",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Corruption",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Reap Souls",
"/cast Unstable Affliction",
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Life Tap",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Reap Souls",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Life Tap",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Reap Souls",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Life Tap",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Life Tap",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Drain Life",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

will give it a shot, i am a fan of aff locks and your macros

Updated some of the multi sequence which fixed the annoying ? issue and now targetting is better and will mostly act like Tab is used. Will re-work the ST sequence again soon.

I’m a bit skeptical about the talent choice.
Drain Soul in place of WiA is a considerable loose of dps, especially if you’re aiming to get Agony up all the time

It’s a mainly AoE cleave build thus the use of Sow the Seeds instead of Siphon Life and in AoE situations Drain Life pulls ahead.

Aim was for those Mythic Packs. DL is to try and help with shard generation too, that’s all.

curious why you went with drain soul over withered ag

It’s a personal choice i guess on going with Drain Life.
Drain Life when used on mob PACKS and not just single target and the mob is near death then i can snipe it for a SS and then i am able to dump my UA a lot better to reduce those shards. It’s also not that far behind Agony.

However, I always say macros can be changed to suit. I encourage that if people don’t like a thing in a macro then change it, it’s built around my char after all :slight_smile:

You can change Drain Soul’s to Drain Life instead. If you stay with Drain Soul then keeping Drain Life in the macro will still cast Drain Soul but it doesn’t work the other way around.

Also i want to fix it a bit more.
I was happy with finding out how i could make multi-dot i didnt consider how the ST would be…
WIP i guess.

I will try these out later during raid there is a few good aoe fights to try it out on

I agree after simming, taking Writhe in Agony i tend to sim around 12k DPS better than with Drain Soul.
I sim a further 19k better if i add in Phantom at the cost of possible shard generation.

So: 2-2-1-2-1-3-3 gives me 221776 DPS at my ilvl 832
And: 2-2-1-2-1-3-2 gives me 240082 DPS at the same ilvl
Finally: 2-2-1-2-1-1-2 gave me 234682 DPS using the permanent infernal

83% Mastery, 20% Haste, 12% Critical Strike, 2% Versatility
I know i need more Mastery but want to keep Haste where it is.

I am not a full on raider yet, i really want to aim for doing raids and Mythic+ this expansion. I am trying to gear to around 840 before i pick those up but may need to switch guilds as my current guild is more a social guild and has no leadership to form dungeon parties.

So keeping that i want to remain a mixed hybrid of ST and AoE should i aim the macro layout to be based on 1 2 or 3?

This is my current armory (switching over from Demo): My Armory - Not the best

This is my current setup which I tend to use for either Mythic+ and raid.

And this is my current macro:

Sequences['Inf_Aff_ST'] = {
author="Infinityz",
specID=265,
version=2,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2111212",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence
/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence
/petattack [@target,harm,exists]
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Drain Life, Life Tap",
"/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity, Reap Souls",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

My synapse is set to 0.300 and at ilvl 850 I can burst up to 300 and sustain between 220 and 250 depending on fight movements

I would be glad to see a your macro based on those talents :slight_smile:

[quote quote=37755]

2-2-1-2-1-1-2

This is my current setup which I tend to use for either Mythic+ and raid. And this is my current macro:
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'Inf_Aff_ST'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Infinityz"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">specID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">265</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">version</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">2</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">source</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Local"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">helpTxt</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Talents: 2111212"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">icon</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">'INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK'</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">lang</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"enUS"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">petautocastoff</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">group</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Threatening </span><span class="crayon-v">Presence</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">petautocaston</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">nogroup</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Threatening </span><span class="crayon-v">Presence</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">petattack</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">@</span><span class="crayon-v">target</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span><span class="crayon-v">harm</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span><span class="crayon-v">exists</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Drain Life, Life Tap"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity, Reap Souls"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
My synapse is set to 0.300 and at ilvl 850 I can burst up to 300 and sustain between 220 and 250 depending on fight movements I would be glad to see a your macro based on those talents ???? [/quote]

Infinityz your macro is amazing. Its deffinetly high performance. I also love your macro Cymiryc. Thanks for sharing

I have updated the original post with the required changes, frustrating as it was to try and make it work… also think it’s one of my shortest yet!

[quote quote=37755]

2-2-1-2-1-1-2

This is my current setup which I tend to use for either Mythic+ and raid. And this is my current macro:
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'Inf_Aff_ST'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Infinityz"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">specID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">265</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">version</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">2</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">source</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Local"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">helpTxt</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Talents: 2111212"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">icon</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">'INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK'</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">lang</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"enUS"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">petautocastoff</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">group</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Threatening </span><span class="crayon-v">Presence</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">petautocaston</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">nogroup</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Threatening </span><span class="crayon-v">Presence</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">petattack</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">@</span><span class="crayon-v">target</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span><span class="crayon-v">harm</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span><span class="crayon-v">exists</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Drain Life, Life Tap"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity, Reap Souls"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
My synapse is set to 0.300 and at ilvl 850 I can burst up to 300 and sustain between 220 and 250 depending on fight movements I would be glad to see a your macro based on those talents ???? [/quote]

so ilvl 822 what kind of dps should i be pulling ?

Varies depending on how you manage your timings.

ST i was hitting around 170 - 190 in EN and HoV at 833/4
AoE i could hit 600k+ easy with the same ilvl.

For me infinityz macro isnt reapplying anything, it looks good first 4-5spells then nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

What about mine? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Cymiryc

I did more than 3,5 M during the aoe fight with your macro. Great job. But Single target i do more than 200 K. My ilwl is 854. it’s low i tho :confused:

if you can not see the image : http://i.resimyukle.xyz/b5MC.jpg

Thanks mate.