7.2.0 Outlaw Rogue

UPDATED 11th MAY 2017
Hi guys. I’ve decided to go through a lot of my class macros as I have sometimes made minor adjustments as gear has improved and compared them to what I am currently running as well as ensure all is working and is 7.2 compliant. Also due to a lot of requests from many running the original Gnome Sequencer I will convert and post here for convenience.

Note if you toggle Blade Flurry manually, remove from the pre macro this line, /cancelaura Blade Flurry
or the macro will remove blade flurry as you apply it.

for an AOE version, duplicate the macro and change /cancelaura Blade Flurry to /cast !blade Flurry.

you notice I have Vanish in there, feel free to remove but I have it there for an interesting opener
the idea is you always start a fight in stealth, and for an opener, you will Ambush-Vanish-Ambush-regular rotation. furthermore during the fight, if vanish comes off CD you will vanish-ambush-continue with rotation.

First here is a version for wold questing and soloing where you wont vanish and reset target mid fight.

Sequences['out'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=260,
  Talents = "1111321",
  Help = [[For those with low haste or strugling with energy you can swap Deeper Strategem for Vigor]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_Sword_30',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Pistol Shot",
        "/cancelaura Blade Flurry",
        "/cast [stealth] Ambush",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush",
        "/cast [combat] Curse of the Dreadblades",
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, !Slice and Dice, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Version for Raids with vanish ambush cheese

Sequences['out'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="John Metz",
  SpecID=260,
  Talents = "1111321",
  Help = [[For those with low haste or strugling with energy you can swap Deeper Strategem for Vigor]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_Sword_30',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nostealth] Vanish",
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, !Slice and Dice, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

for those rocking it oldskool with GS (removed vanish though as that trick won’t work with old GS)

Sequences["Out"] = {
	PreMacro = [[
	]],
        "/cast [combat] Killing Spree",
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, !Slice and Dice, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through"
	PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I will test this later when i get home. It does look promising!

Just started on my Rogue today so I can test it for a while for ya, not at 110 mind you but I’ll level with it and see how it goes.

On to something here it did higher dps that any of the outlay macros i have tried 124 ilvl and about 170k still not spending points fast enough with a good roll the bones. I have never written one of these but is there a way to press alt to spend points? like when im at 5 tap alt and it will use the next one in a sequence?

[quote quote=36442]On to something here it did higher dps that any of the outlay macros i have tried 124 ilvl and about 170k still not spending points fast enough with a good roll the bones. I have never written one of these but is there a way to press alt to spend points? like when im at 5 tap alt and it will use the next one in a sequence?
[/quote]
It does have this /cast [mod:alt] Roll the Bones, meaning hold down alt while macro is running and it will roll the bones. which it does so i can re roll as needed.

updated with a bit of a revision. still not 110 yet so not sure if how my progress is going :slight_smile:

Love this macro, it is way more efficient then what I made and I am now using yours. Thanks

For me the macro stops and locks up on Crimson Vial until it finishes its cooldown… ANy thoughts?

Pls name addon wow version 7.0.3-7.1?

[quote quote=37035]For me the macro stops and locks up on Crimson Vial until it finishes its cooldown… ANy thoughts?
[/quote]
no idea however, I removed Crimson Vial in my macro since hitting 110 as its an energy drain and DPS loss
and I have it bound to a separate key to use as needed,

I have updated the OP with what I currently am running, it runs well enough now i am getting enough haste, but the perfectionist in me is never satisfied.

[quote quote=37188]Pls name addon wow version 7.0.3-7.1?
[/quote]
any reason why? as I just name them based on what the current build is at time of editing. so come 7.15 i will rename again once I have a new macro in that build etc etc

I’m trying this macro out on my boosted 100 rogue. She has her artifact weapons and nothing else. I haven’t completed anything on her yet other than that. I usually use this as a baseline for comparing macros on various classes to get a feel for how it performs.
Usually I get between 25k and 30k for a toon in a similar position and gear level. But with this spec, it looks like the best I can manage is 34k to start, but then with each successive attack, the dps tanks to around 13k and that’s where it stays. The only way to bring it back up is to let the cooldowns finish. But the results are the same in the end.

Thanks this is the kind of feedback I am after,
I experience similar thing though not as extreme. I am trying to work out if its the RNG of roll the bones or imnot saber slashing often enough or ghostly strike too often. it would be nice for a knowledgeable rogue to test and weigh in also

macros updated, squeezed in some more Saber Slashes, improved dps,

Sequences['Outlaw'] = {
author="John Metz",
specID=260,
version=3,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 1111322",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast Marked for Death
]],
"/cast [mod:alt] Roll the Bones",
"/castsequence Curse of the Dreadblades, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/castsequence Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Pistol Shot",
"/castsequence Saber Slash, Run Through, Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot",
"/castsequence Roll the Bones, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Roll the Bones",
"/cast Gouge",
"/cast Run Through",
"/use 13",
"/use 14",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Thank you for the update.

Thanks for the Update

little Mistake in the Code line 27 the closing “]” is missing ^^

/targetenemy [noharm][dead
must be

ooh good catch i have corrected, ill add an AOE version next year too :stuck_out_tongue:

mhh, is an extra AOE-Rotation a must?

I used Blade Flurry by manual switch on/off.

[quote quote=38765]mhh, is an extra AOE-Rotation a must?
I used Blade Flurry by manual switch on/off.
[/quote]
which is what I do, but the macro above has a cancel aura string so if you put blade flurry on the macro will immediately turn it off
removing “/cancelaura Blade Flurry” will stop that.

UPDATED for 7.1.5

I have tested and updated for 7.1.5, these work well.
I have also managed to get better results running Slice and Dice instead of Roll the bones.
I was gaining a 50k dps increase on my Rogue but don’t let that be a benchmark on how much it improves yours

Sequences['Outlaw'] = {
author="John Metz",
specID=260,
version=5,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 1111321",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast Marked for Death
]],
"/castsequence Curse of the Dreadblades, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/castsequence Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Pistol Shot",
"/castsequence Saber Slash, Run Through, Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot",
"/castsequence Slice and Dice, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Slice and Dice",
"/cast Gouge",
"/cast Run Through",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

note if you toggle Blade Flurry manually, remove from the pre macro this line, /cancelaura Blade Flurry
or the macro will remove blade flurry as you apply it.

for an AOE version, duplicate the above macro and change /cancelaura Blade Flurry to /cast !blade Flurry.

Another update kind of a Eureka moment faffing about GSE2.0
I went back to the drawing board and came up with what below.
this by far outshines my previous work, in the past on my Rogue Alt I would get great burst then
fall off to nothing, then switching to Slice and Dice I reduced the fall and improved DPS
my new one had less initial burst, a slight ramp up in fact and then levels out (on a training dummy)

so comparison, on my scrub rogue (item level 850)
old RTB start at 250k and fall to 140k after 2min.
old SnD macro states at 220k burst then down to 170k after 2 min
my new one so far started at 190, rose to 220k and stayed there when AR came of CD and fired would climb higher to the 240-260k mark.

so hoping some better rogues can give this one a crack for me.

Something I an trying with the 2.0 tools is the premacro loop
what I’m trying to do and sorta works but needs improvement is you start stealth, it will Ambush, vanish, Ambush again, then proceed with the rotation. that opener won’t reset until the end of combat so it only does it once. this part is still WIP. Also, I have pistol shot on a Mod: Alt for procs @.0 is more responsive with this function just tap alt when it procs and it fire off immediately.

Sequences['outlawt'] = {
  Author="John Metz",  
  SpecID=260,
  Talents = "1111321",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Marked for Death",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Ghostly Strike, Slice and Dice",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Gouge",
      },
    },
  },
}