Forums Forums Classes Rogues Combat PvE 7.2.0 Outlaw Rogue

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Sergeant
    Mannowarr <Is a Living Legend> of Alexstrasza -US Level 110 Orc Death Knight

Recent Activity

I’m trying this macro out on my boosted 100 rogue. She has her artifact weapons and nothing else. I haven’t completed anything on her yet other than that. I usually use this as a baseline for comparing macros on various classes to get a feel for how it performs.
    Usually I get between 25k and 30k for a toon in a similar position and gear level. But with this spec, it looks like the best I can manage is 34k to start, but then with each successive attack, the dps tanks to around 13k and that’s where it stays. The only way to bring it back up is to let the cooldowns finish. But the results are the same in the end.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Thanks this is the kind of feedback I am after,
    I experience similar thing though not as extreme. I am trying to work out if its the RNG of roll the bones or imnot saber slashing often enough or ghostly strike too often. it would be nice for a knowledgeable rogue to test and weigh in also

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

macros updated, squeezed in some more Saber Slashes, improved dps,

Juan Valdovinos
    Sergeant

Thank you for the update.

Grunt

Thanks for the Update

little Mistake in the Code line 27 the closing “]” is missing ^^

/targetenemy [noharm][dead
    must be
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

ooh good catch i have corrected, ill add an AOE version next year too 😛

Grunt

mhh, is an extra AOE-Rotation a must?

I used Blade Flurry by manual switch on/off.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

mhh, is an extra AOE-Rotation a must?
    I used Blade Flurry by manual switch on/off.

which is what I do, but the macro above has a cancel aura string so if you put blade flurry on the macro will immediately turn it off
    removing “/cancelaura Blade Flurry” will stop that.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

UPDATED for 7.1.5

I have tested and updated for 7.1.5, these work well.
    I have also managed to get better results running Slice and Dice instead of Roll the bones.
    I was gaining a 50k dps increase on my Rogue but don’t let that be a benchmark on how much it improves yours

note if you toggle Blade Flurry manually, remove from the pre macro this line, /cancelaura Blade Flurry
    or the macro will remove blade flurry as you apply it.

for an AOE version, duplicate the above macro and change /cancelaura Blade Flurry to /cast !blade Flurry.

John Mets
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Another update kind of a Eureka moment faffing about GSE2.0
    I went back to the drawing board and came up with what below.
    this by far outshines my previous work, in the past on my Rogue Alt I would get great burst then
    fall off to nothing, then switching to Slice and Dice I reduced the fall and improved DPS
    my new one had less initial burst, a slight ramp up in fact and then levels out (on a training dummy)

so comparison, on my scrub rogue (item level 850)
    old RTB start at 250k and fall to 140k after 2min.
    old SnD macro states at 220k burst then down to 170k after 2 min
    my new one so far started at 190, rose to 220k and stayed there when AR came of CD and fired would climb higher to the 240-260k mark.

so hoping some better rogues can give this one a crack for me.

Something I an trying with the 2.0 tools is the premacro loop
    what I’m trying to do and sorta works but needs improvement is you start stealth, it will Ambush, vanish, Ambush again, then proceed with the rotation. that opener won’t reset until the end of combat so it only does it once. this part is still WIP. Also, I have pistol shot on a Mod: Alt for procs @.0 is more responsive with this function just tap alt when it procs and it fire off immediately.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.