7.2.5 BM Single Target Macro (still using Gween's 7.2 with small tweak)

First, I have been using Gween’s macros for a very long time and loving it. So, if this macro helps anyone, all credit shall go to Gween. With the new changes for 7.2.5, I wanted to experiment with a few very minor tweaks to help my DPS on single target fights.

Before starting, I wanted to check what the top DPS players were using in terms of talents and gear regarding single target fights. You can view it here Warcraft Logs Heroic Goroth BM Hunter.

Just a side note from my own personal tests:

I’m not exactly sure what the difference is, but I noticed when I updated to the newest release of GSE 2.1.03 tonight my damage was significantly less.

I ran 2 more 3 minute tests tonight with this macro was was doing around 940 K dps. (quite a bit less than my previous tests)

Out of curiosity, I have since reverted back to GSE 2.1.02, ran 2 more 3 minutes tests and was back to 1.08 M and 1.04 M DPS respectively, on par with my previous tests.

So, for now, I will continue to use GSE 2.1.02.

Talents are listed in the macro, but i’m using 2 1 1 1 1 1 2. Easy enough! :slight_smile:

Sequences['bmST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  Author="Gween 7.2 Tweaked",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2111112",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=true,
      Neck=true,
      Belt=true,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/petattack [@target, harm]",
        "/cast [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [combat] Bestial Wrath, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [combat] Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; A Murder of Crows",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

The only real change was moving Bestial Wrath down into the main macro with a cobra shot cast sequence. This prevents the delay from the possibility of Bestial Wrath casting and Kill Command still being on CD. Plus you have an extra cobra shot in the macro. Also, these talents worked better for me moving Dire Beast above the Kill Command.

It does enough damage for me to be satisfied.

BTW, I do not use AHK or anything like that. I press everything manually.

Feel free to comment, tweak it, or whatever. We’re all here to help each other.

So thought we went mastery haste why is now critical better according to icy it’s still not and not all of us get legionnaires to drop like candy I was clearing heroic nighthold and normal every week plus mythic plus and I still only have shoulders boot and spec ring

Hi Walt,

If you don’t have the belt I would recommend trying Dire Stable instead of Killer Cobra. As far as your comments about stats: Mastery is still my top stat, with crit and haste not far behind.

Would you recommend a minimum crit % to be at for this build/macro? Another poster in another thread said 30% or higher, with 35% being perfect.

[quote quote=49799]Would you recommend a minimum crit % to be at for this build/macro? Another poster in another thread said 30% or higher, with 35% being perfect.
[/quote]

I’m really not sure but that sounds about right. I use crit food over mastery. Unbuffed, my crit is 32.32%. Buffed, is 33.28%.

IMO, the beauty of this build is that its great for Mythic+ as well. Just did HoV +15 within timer no problems with the only talent difference was switching to Dire Stable and Volley. Mythic+ you can also use Aspect of the Beast to help with focus since you are mainly AOE’ing. I have a separate AOE macro on another keybind that differs slightly from the single target macro that I use.

Works like a charm, 200mill dps on dummy and steady 1 to 1.3mill dps depending on burst and cd’s up. Gj!

[quote quote=49805]Works like a charm, 200mill dps on dummy and steady 1 to 1.3mill dps depending on burst and cd’s up. Gj!
[/quote]

Thanks for your feedback Nomlock! I tried to provide as many details as I could with damage percentages, sims, stats, tests, etc for my character… and i’m glad it’s getting similar results for hunter as well!

Hello, Tester, would you mind posting your AOE macro as well? I would appreciate it, when you have a moment. Otherwise, I’m trying out your macro at the moment. Thanks. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=49837]Hello, Tester, would you mind posting your AOE macro as well? I would appreciate it, when you have a moment. Otherwise, I’m trying out your macro at the moment. Thanks. ???
[/quote]

I just use a simple AOE macro that’s very effective in M+ or certain boss fights.

Sequences['bmAOE'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  Author="Tester",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3111112",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=true,
      Neck=true,
      Belt=true,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/petattack [@target, harm]",
        "/cast [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Multi-Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Just a side note from my own personal tests:

I’m not exactly sure what the difference is, but I noticed when I updated to the newest release of GSE 2.1.03 tonight my damage was significantly less.

I ran 2 more 3 minute tests tonight with this macro was was doing around 940 K dps. (quite a bit less than my previous tests)

Out of curiosity, I have since reverted back to GSE 2.1.02, ran 2 more 3 minutes tests and was back to 1.08 M and 1.04 M DPS respectively, on par with my previous tests.

So, for now, I will continue to use GSE 2.1.02.

Added this block to the original post as well.

Just wanted to say thanks for the call out and credit. It is appreciated :slight_smile:

Gween

[quote quote=49892]Just wanted to say thanks for the call out and credit. It is appreciated ???
Gween
[/quote]

Hi Gween!

No problem at all! This is one your macros and i’m a long time fan of them. I just tweaked a couple little things and hope this helps others with their DPS. I have also gotten similar results using the belt and The Apex Predator’s Claw. I hope you are able to test it out and see how it does for your hunter as well. I’m also hoping more people will also give feedback! :slight_smile:

Hopefully I can post some real logs from ToS tonight.

So bare with me, I am new to this. At one point in the sequence a cap for about 5 sec and would like to add at least one cobra shot to it. How do identify this part and add this?

[quote quote=49909]So bare with me, I am new to this. At one point in the sequence a cap for about 5 sec and would like to add at least one cobra shot to it. How do identify this part and add this?
[/quote]

I’m really not sure how to accomplish that other than using a cobra shot manually.

Added a pic of my parses tonight to the original post from ToS (N) using Gween’s 7.2 modified macro.

Also, I decided to use The Apex Predator’s Claw ring tonight instead of the Soul of the Huntmaster ring. It’s my favorite legendary. (using tenacity pet spec) :slight_smile:

Can you send a link of your character info?

As my gear keeps changing my legendaries keep changing with sim recommendations.

I am now currently using belt and Huntmaster ring. I was using belt with Apex Predator’s Claw then Mantle of Command etc.

So for now, the sims like the new ring with my current gear.

whats the best way to go back to an earlyer release of GSE? where do i find the 2.1.02 version. want to give your macro a shot…

[quote quote=49961]whats the best way to go back to an earlyer release of GSE? where do i find the 2.1.02 version. want to give your macro a shot…
[/quote]

I’m not sure why I was getting a lot lower dps with the newest version, but you can get previous releases from Curse: GSE Other Downloads Section

This can also be done from within the Twitch Desktop application.

I used this yesterday and it worked great. My ilevel is only 905, so getting an average on the dummy between 750 and 800K which is more than I was getting. I swapped out of stomp - still stacking haste and mastery so dire frenzy still gives me more dps.

with the two charges of frenzy, I was trying to figure out if there was a specific strategy in using them - feels like as fast as we can to reduce the cd on bestial wrath…

Anyways, thanks so much…