(7.2.5) Prot Paladin, GSE2 --> Super Survivable

Big shoutout to Gary’s Prot Paladin macro. His very popular macro created huge dps output for Prot Paladins. I found his macro extremely useful for 90% of content, but I found myself wanting to change out of Seraphim for some more challenging progression content.

Obviously, the Seraphim spec for which his marco is designed for is not the most survivable spec. If you’re pushing higher end content you may want an alteration to this macro that removes Seraphim and focuses more on survivability over DPS.

I’ve created this macro, which I’ll freely admit is a modification of Gary’s Seraphim macro, which emphasises survivability.

Talents
For maximum survivability go 2231111

Note tiers 3 is purely personal preference and tier 6 is situational… go Aegis if you need another CD or go Judgment if passive healing is more helpful or you don’t have a pally healer.

Most tiers are actually optional, except I would recommend at least Hand of the Protector and Righteous Protector. In addition, Bastion of Light immediately increases survivability significantly.

Use Notes

• Trinket2 will be used by the macro, but Trinket1 is not used. Put a trinket with a strong /use survive effect in Trink1 slot, to give you full control over when this CD is used.
  • Bastion of Light is not triggered by the macro. Use this as required manually.
  • HoP will be cast by the macro but there will be additional CDs for discretionary use. Cast Shield of the Righteous to bring an HoP CD up faster if you need to.
  • Shield of Righteous is cast by the macro, but CDs are left for discretionary use also. Use SoR to reduce cooldown on HoP and/or as a discretionary defensive.
  • Avenging Wrath is not cast by the macro. Use it to increase your self heal output, or to increase DPS output. When requiring higher survivability, I use Avenging Wrath strictly as a survival CD.
  • Avenger’s Wrath is used much more frequently by this macro, as I noticed Gary’s often left this spell uncast for long period. Uptime is improved. In addition, I have this bound for manual cast to improve utilisation.
  • Ardent Defender, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Eye of Tyr, Trink1, Bastion of Light, Aegis of Light are all discretionary survival CDs. These are not cast by the macro to ensure they are available situationally.
Sequences['SV_Pal_Prot'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="ßjørn@KhazGoroth modifying Ohmyhero@Draenor",
  SpecID=66,
  Talents = "2132122",
  Helplink = "https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13736954/12/#metric=dps",
  Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  Mythic=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      Trinket1=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Avenger's Shield",
        "/castsequence  reset=7  Consecration, Consecration",
        "/castsequence  reset=6  Judgment",
        "/castsequence  reset=14  Shield of the Righteous",
        "/cast !Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast !Blessed Hammer",
        "/cast Light of the Protector",
        "/cast [talent:5/1] Hand of the Protector",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      Trinket1=false,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast !Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast !Blessed Hammer",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
    [3] = {
      Trinket1=false,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=14  Shield of the Righteous",
        "/cast !Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast !Blessed Hammer",
        "/cast [combat] Eye of Tyr",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
  },
}

Just FYI, I have been using this as my primary macro for tanking since I don’t run Seraphim. Thank you for making it! I have noticed that sometimes it won’t prioritize Avenger’s Shield, but I realize that’s just part of doing business.

Can you explain me how works the tabs? and trikets? actually i have this Darkmoon Deck: Immortality in my second slot of trinket and in the first Feverish Carapace, and run the macro with 1300 ms, is work?

This macro is great, thank you. At what speed do you run it? I have it at 50ms and I’m not quite happy with it’s use of SoS. At the beginning of the fight it pops all 3 charges back to back, which doesn’t match your statement above saying there are discretionary uses of charges.

Am I running it too fast?

i read somewhere once that all tanks should run between 100ms and 105ms for optimal usage. i do it with my DH and BrM and they work well

Nice to see more Pally stuff! I’ll try this out as tank when I have time.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t auto hotkey and programs like it against the EULA? :slight_smile:

Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  Mythic=2,

but u have 3 “macros”

Mythic=2 is Mythic=3???

As the macros for 2 and 3 are identical you don’t need 3. You can use the same macro for multiple configs you have to use a different one for mythic vs raid.