7.3.5 ASSASSINATION VANCLEEF; MAX Combo Points / Finisher always

Home/Classes/Rogues/Archive (Old Patches)/7.3.x - Assassination/7.3.5 ASSASSINATION VANCLEEF; MAX Combo Points / Finisher always

Forums Forums Classes Rogues Archive (Old Patches) 7.3.x - Assassination 7.3.5 ASSASSINATION VANCLEEF; MAX Combo Points / Finisher always

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Grunt

UPDATED 5/30/18: Added the amazing Opener Macro from Nobody

Talents
    1/2/1or3/2or3/1or2/1/1

Opener is the Opening Macro you’ll use, you create it in the regular macro area, and you will spam this till the third Envenom and then start spamming VanCleef.

VanCleef is your Combo Points builder, which you will spam till you have maximum combo points or whenever you deem necessary. It’s inspired by John Metz Assassination macros, but it removes the finishers, adds additional fluff and changes the spec. But needless to say if not for John, this macro wouldn’t exist, so shoutout to him and all his hard work trying to make Assassination work with these kinds of lazymacros.
    Also this macro was MADE to be spammed, so go as fast as you like.

Uncrowned is the button you press when you’re at maximum combo points, it will roll through the proper Envenoms and Ruptures to keep dots on the target.

This is a two button macro which is designed in such a way to ensure you always get maximum combo points on a target each time you utilize a finisher. If you are looking for a one button macro that will consistently hit your finishers at 5/6 combo points, then you’re welcome to try the other one button macros around, but I guarantee you that you won’t find a one button macro that will fire off your finishers consistently at 5/6 combo points.

So this is an alternative way where you can and will fire off your combo points at maximum each and every time while keeping your dots rolling consistently as well as your cooldowns.

So if you’re looking for macros that will keep your dots up consistently and fire off your combo points at maximum, these are the macros for you.

P.S. You don’t need a PVP version of these macros… all you need to do in PvP is decide whether you want to use “Uncrowned” or Kidney Shot. Subterfuge is in the spec, so you can open with cheap shot from stealth and start spamming VanCleef all the same.

SHOUTOUT TO NOBODY FOR THE BRILLIANT OPENER MACRO!!!
    It’s on Page 4, but I’ll post it here for people to get an easier look at it.
    https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/7-3-5-assassination-vancleef-max-combo-points-finisher-always/page/4/

Opener Macro:

VanCleef

Uncrowned

I hope you all find much enjoyment out of it!! Feedback is always welcome, for those of you that give it a go. Have fun!

I'm Some Rogue from Somewhere and sometimes I make some macros.

Abby
    First Sergeant

Opener pulled 1.5m which is about 700k less than my usual opener of other macros.
    Stayed at 1.12m mid-fight which is 400-500k less than my usual.

The drop off is significant in addition to the poor opener.

Edit: @ 10ms
    Going to play with other delays and see if it progresses.

DirtForSale
    Warlord
    (Moderator)

Sounds like the feedback i received on mine 😛

Bobba Fatt
    First Sergeant

Opener pulled 1.5m which is about 700k less than my usual opener of other macros. Stayed at 1.12m mid-fight which is 400-500k less than my usual.
    The drop off is significant in addition to the poor opener.
    Edit: @ 10ms Going to play with other delays and see if it progresses.

Abby, what macro are you comparing it to? I am using this one: https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/assass-7-3-2/

Abby
    First Sergeant

Opener pulled 1.5m which is about 700k less than my usual opener of other macros. Stayed at 1.12m mid-fight which is 400-500k less than my usual. The drop off is significant in addition to the poor opener. Edit: @ 10ms Going to play with other delays and see if it progresses.

Abby, what macro are you comparing it to? I am using this one: https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/assass-7-3-2/

I use the same one but with a few minor changes that I’ve made to make it more resourceful while spending combo points.

Andrew’s pools 5 combo points for the opener and maintains it through 3 complete cycles. Afterwards, it spends points at 2-4 which is not resourceful at all. I made a delay before it casts the finishers to get an extra 2 points before spending which gives back around 200-300K DPS.

Without it, his is about 2.3-2.4m on open and 1.2-1.3m mid-fight. I get 1.5-1.7m mid.

@982 ilvl

Abby
    First Sergeant

Just ran this through full heroic antorus to test.

The opener is absolutely atrocious. With other all-in-one macros here, I get what I’m supposed to which is 2.4m. After 2 minutes, that slowly dissipates to 1.5m and then falls off to 1.2m after several minutes. This macro opens at 1.3-1.5m and holds there for the remainder of the fight.

Where it shines is the long fight. Primarily because it allows you to spend your points how you want. It’s the best macro for saturated fights (5-7 minutes), which maintains 1.3-1.5m.

So, as for heroic, fights 5-7 minutes use this macro but open with a different.
    Anything shorter, use a different one or you’ll significantly be behind the pack.

SomeRogue
    Grunt

Just ran this through full heroic antorus to test.
    The opener is absolutely atrocious. With other all-in-one macros here, I get what I’m supposed to which is 2.4m. After 2 minutes, that slowly dissipates to 1.5m and then falls off to 1.2m after several minutes.

This macro opens at 1.3-1.5m and holds there for the remainder of the fight.
    Where it shines is the long fight. Primarily because it allows you to spend your points how you want. It’s the best macro for saturated fights (5-7 minutes), which maintains 1.3-1.5m.

So, as for heroic, fights 5-7 minutes use this macro but open with a different. Anything shorter, use a different one or you’ll significantly be behind the pack.

That you for that feedback. Glad to hear how it maintains during the longer fights and is the best macro for saturated fights. I’ve had runs where what stood out the most was it’s longevity. It never opened as high as everyone else’s but it started sailing up the meters as the fight went on after the burst in the boss fights and was consistent above all else.

I wish however I could add a stronger opener to it and then have it never cycle through it again and go through the macro as regular. But I am not sure there’s a way to do that.

If I could find a way to implement a high end burst at the start of this macro and then have it go through the macro as usual, I think that would maximize it. However I’m not sure that can be done. I could always make a third macro and say use this for the opening first 1-2 mins, and then spam the VanCleef one.

Actually, I’m gonna give that a try.

I'm Some Rogue from Somewhere and sometimes I make some macros.

Abby
    First Sergeant

Just ran this through full heroic antorus to test. The opener is absolutely atrocious. With other all-in-one macros here, I get what I’m supposed to which is 2.4m. After 2 minutes, that slowly dissipates to 1.5m and then falls off to 1.2m after several minutes.
    This macro opens at 1.3-1.5m and holds there for the remainder of the fight. Where it shines is the long fight. Primarily because it allows you to spend your points how you want. It’s the best macro for saturated fights (5-7 minutes), which maintains 1.3-1.5m.
    So, as for heroic, fights 5-7 minutes use this macro but open with a different. Anything shorter, use a different one or you’ll significantly be behind the pack.

That you for that feedback. Glad to hear how it maintains during the longer fights and is the best macro for saturated fights. I’ve had runs where what stood out the most was it’s longevity. It never opened as high as everyone else’s but it started sailing up the meters as the fight went on after the burst in the boss fights and was consistent above all else.
    I wish however I could add a stronger opener to it and then have it never cycle through it again and go through the macro as regular. But I am not sure there’s a way to do that.
    If I could find a way to implement a high end burst at the start of this macro and then have it go through the macro as usual, I think that would maximize it. However I’m not sure that can be done. I could always make a third macro and say use this for the opening first 1-2 mins, and then spam the VanCleef one.
    Actually, I’m gonna give that a try.

Keep in mind too, as I haven’t seen it in ANY of the assassination macros, a large portion of damage both in opening AND longevity is lost due to no macros being accommodating of Mantle of the Master Assassin. Primarily because it would be rather hard to implement, but there is probably a 10-20% DPS loss on every macro here because of the poor/no utilization of Vanish with Mantle of the Master Assassin.

I don’t think three macros is too much, especially if it’s giving you more damage.

Good luck, if you find something you like and post it, I can’t wait to try it! 🙂

Andrew Hodgson
    Senior Sergeant

Maybe it’s because your stats are different but I maintain way higher dps than that. I can burst anywhere from 3.2 to 5 mil and maintain 1.9 mil dps on most fights unless it is heavy movement.

Andrew Hodgson
    Senior Sergeant

I’m going to give this a try though and see how it pans out in comparison. Will post back the results.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 64 total)

The forum ‘7.3.x - Assassination’ is closed to new topics and replies.