Aches & Pains

Hey folks, sadly I am not a young gamer, but love playing WoW.
However, with all this keyboard mashing, my hands/fingers are starting to hurt.

I know there are programs out there that will mash your key(s) for you, which is what I want. However, I don’t fancy losing my account (spent a lot of time/money on).

So, for all you players that are using some kind of auto key presser / mouse macro.
Could you let me know which are still being used/not detected in Legion.
Punchkey? Auto Keyboard from Murgee? Naga software? Razor software?

Of course I would prefer a free app, but if buying a mouse would make it ‘un-detectable’ then so be it. Any tips on how to make the ‘key pressing’ more human like would be most welcome; increase the ms delay, or x amount of presses within a second, etc etc.

Really enjoying WoW with GSSE, but my fingers are starting to feel the stress.

A big thanks in advance, from me and my fingers :slight_smile:

regards

[quote quote=34064]Hey folks, sadly I am not a young gamer, but love playing WoW. However, with all this keyboard mashing, my hands/fingers are starting to hurt.
I know there are programs out there that will mash your key(s) for you, which is what I want. However, I don’t fancy losing my account (spent a lot of time/money on).
So, for all you players that are using some kind of auto key presser / mouse macro. Could you let me know which are still being used/not detected in Legion. Punchkey? Auto Keyboard from Murgee? Naga software? Razor software?
Of course I would prefer a free app, but if buying a mouse would make it ‘un-detectable’ then so be it. Any tips on how to make the ‘key pressing’ more human like would be most welcome; increase the ms delay, or x amount of presses within a second, etc etc.
Really enjoying WoW with GSSE, but my fingers are starting to feel the stress.
A big thanks in advance, from me and my fingers ???
regards

[/quote]

Hi Andy

I feel your pain ‘Literally’ as I too suffer from wrist pain, I did think about buying a razer keyboard or mouse but didn’t really want to spend so much on a keyboard so what I did was buy a cheap macro keyboard from amazon, nothing fancy really but does the job for me. cheap and cheerful, you just program 1 key to spam your spells but as your moving and controlling your character, I don’t think this is considered ‘botting’ as it basically does the same as Razer software.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Thanks for your reply Spoony.

Yeah, I think age catches up on us all! (gamers especially).

For me, now that I have found GSSE, it’s just about having a program/macro to just mash my 1 key.

But I don’t want it to spam it that fast that it will alert the internal goblins working at blizzard HQ.

At the moment, levelling and 5 mans, my wrist and finger(s) are starting to feel the stress. I dread to think about spamming the 1 key during raids and much longer fights!

kind regards

Hey folks, just an update.

I installed AHK, and wrote a simple script to press my one key macro four times a second; sleep 250

Just ran a few dungeons, and very happy with it, my wrist and fingers even more so!!

A quick question, is 250 (4 hits a sec) too fast or too slow; in terms of human pressing?

I don’t want to have anything way too fast, that would alert any blizzard internal checking.

regards

Unsure why the fear of Blizzard internal checking due to key press speed… Never heard of anyone being banned using GS:E with or alongside key press programs like AHK unless you’re using them to automate…

A lot of the keypress speeds here are based at 0.050 to 0.100ms for key spam, 250 can often have undesirable effects on previous testing

i am looking for the same thing

[quote quote=34129]Unsure why the fear of Blizzard internal checking due to key press speed… Never heard of anyone being banned using GS:E with or alongside key press programs like AHK unless you’re using them to automate…
A lot of the keypress speeds here are based at 0.050 to 0.100ms for key spam, 250 can often have undesirable effects on previous testing
[/quote]

Many thanks for your reply Cym.

After checking other threads/searches; it seems a random sleep is the best approach.
So I will go with 50-100.
Just another question, does the in-game latency have any impact on the button mash speed?
My in-game latency is 25ms.

Concerning the internal blizzard goblins checking things; I guess I am just a little paranoid, because they don’t want any third party software doing anything automatic. For me, AHK is a third party software, and having that run a script that ‘automatically’ presses my macro button, sort of ticks the two check boxes at blizzard.

regards

It’s fine with AHK as it’s attended and you’re not pressing/holding down 1 key and it’s fully automating your character by moving it here and mining something there and killing something in between. This is 1 key doing 1 action at a time so its “Fine” Can change at anytime though.

Your 25ms spamming at 50+ms will be fine. You may disconnects if you go lower but even though you’re spamming that fast the wow client itself will still be queuing abilities.