Aff macro (8/1/17)

My Lock is 917 IL and with this macro I do 800 to 1.3 mil dps on all bosses. If you run out of soul shards and it doesnt cast UA just hit Drain Soul and should get you a shard to keep going.

Sequences['Aff_Boss'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.04.
  Author="Kirr",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "3,1,1,1,2,1,2",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Unstable Affliction, Reap Souls, Drain Soul, Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Adding this Macro just incase Reap Souls becomes a problem I put it as a loop every 12 times so you get a few stacks when it pops.

Author="Kirr",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "3,1,1,1,2,1,2",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast [nochanneling] Reap Souls",
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I was looking for a real simple affliction macro that was up to date and you saved my day!
Thanks a lot!

This macro is working great for me. I’m 922, 19% Crit, 25% Haste, 105% Mastery and do 900 - 1.1 mill on target dummy. Did Gul’Dan with 820k. My gear sims at 920k ish.

I’ve had to modify this one as I am left Shard starved. My Reap Souls is at the end of the line as I want to build number as it was firing off too soon. I’ve also made a PvP one mod, as I was getting some ganking and needed to use my Honor spells. I might move Soulshatter to below PS as that damage may respond to that. This gives me just over 1M on the Skull Dummy @iLvl 910. I am able to apply a second UA now rather than waiting on a shard as I’m out.

Author="Kirr",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "3,2,1,1,2,1,2",
  Default=1,
  PVP=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Unstable Affliction",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Life Tap, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Life Tap, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Life Tap, Drain Soul, Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Reap Souls",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Drain Soul",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Curse of Weakness",
        "/cast Casting Circle",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
        "/cast Soulshatter",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I have modified the macro a bit more for my needs. This ensures I am not Soul Shard or Mana starved, and keeps UA up on the add 80% of the time. I am now getting close to the Simcrafter expected DPS.

Author="Kirr",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "3,2,1,1,2,1,2",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Agony, Drain Soul, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Agony, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/petautocastoff [group] Seethe",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Burning Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Seethe",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Burning Presence",
      },
    },
    [2] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=true,
      Ring2=true,
      LoopLimit=12,
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Life Tap, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Curse of Fragility",
        "/cast Casting Circle",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Agony, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Agony, Drain Soul, Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, Agony, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
        "/cast Soulshatter",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/petautocastoff [group] Seethe",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Burning Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Seethe",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Burning Presence",
      },
    },
  },
}

what are the pvp talents?

very nice macro

I’ve made PvP No 2 - this means that this macro they come into play whenever someone tries to gank me. So far 4/5 gankings have been bad for them not me.

Affliction Warlock is so cool - let the macro run until dots are in place and then spam Drain Soul…Most often they run or I kill them. It’s so much fun seeing the little gankers running and my Corruption or Agony finishes, and they eat the dirt. In a PvP Battle ground - you can rely on the macro more and span Drain Soul when you are focused. The threat quickly goes away.

I’m only lvl 38 atm - so i use 2,(2) or 3, 2,2,2. When I get to 40 I’m going to try Nether Ward

Depend on whether you want 6% haste (rank 2) or 30% Crit on targets over 80%.

My final choice at 50 will be - 2,2,3,3,2,3 (the last rank may be ‘Rot and Decay’ though).

thank you,amazing macro

Thank you, but I’ve only modified to suit my play. the credit goes to the original author.

In your the latest (modified) macro, line 27 at the end you have ‘Life Tap1’. Is this a deliberate typo to prevent it casting, or accidental?

[quote quote=52728]In your the latest (modified) macro, line 27 at the end you have ‘Life Tap1’. Is this a deliberate typo to prevent it casting, or accidental?
[/quote]

Oooops!! rectified. Thank you Mr Eagle Eye :slight_smile:

i noted in your final macro IPW that it isnt casting siphon life… how do i fix that.

i noted in your final macro IPW that it isnt casting siphon life… how do i fix that.

Strange i see it there. I didn’t want it overcasting so i removed it from one place in the sequence. And moved it to another so it only recasts at 3 secs left. Remember if you use the alt mod it lengths the time and siphon my fall off.

If you want it casting more regularly, i recommend that you add: -

, Siphon Life,

I also took out reset=combat/target in the main macro as I thought it unnecessary. You may want to return it. My understanding was that as you swap target, the premacro came into play. If it doesn’t then that addition will cast the curses quicker.

In the place you want it cast. I chose to link Agony, Siphon life as a pair. Add it when you’re not in combat else the save won’t work.

can it be used for world content and dungeons?

Jimmy