Affliction 6.2.3 - ilvl 700+

So I have been playing with Talent Specs and builds and such and feel the following is pretty decent for Affliction Warlock. As you can tell, there are a lot of similarities to the current builds, but there is a mod for both haunt and soulburn. This is done for two reasons, one: haunt is not spammed unless you keep holding down ctrl on your keyboard; two: As I have taken both the Soulburn:Haunt in the tier 7 talent, it gives a 20% damage buff to all ticks for 30 seconds. The Sacrifice Demon on tier 5 will make up for the lack of a demon and buff Drain soul / life by 25%.

Talents: 2,3,1,2,3,1,1

Sequences['Affliction'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
]],
	"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Unstable Affliction,Corruption,Drain Soul,Drain Soul [mod:ctrl] Soulburn,Haunt",
	'/cast [nochanneling, combat] Dark Soul: Misery',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

With the above, at 714, I am able to sustain 54K DPS. Simply by using the soulburn / haunt when I have 2 soul shards, the drop off is not too much. You also have to remember that with a higher haste, the soul shards generate a fair bit quicker via Corruption and Drain Soul. Don’t forget to pop your DoomGuard out to play on a boss.

As an alternative, I have also concocted the following, if you took the Noxxic Recommended talent spec and did Grimoire of Service and Demonic Servitude. This will allow the second Doomguard to be cast when it is off cooldown, every 2 minutes. Haunt is built into the starting castsequence to reduce casting multiple times.

Talents: 2,3,1,2,2,1,3

Sequences['AffService'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
	"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Unstable Affliction,Corruption,Drain Soul,Drain Soul",
        '/cast [nochanneling, combat] Grimoire:Doomguard',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Hey Shockpaw,
I love to try these two macros out however I get syntax errors and the macro’s are not showing up.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Seems there was a close bracket that was missing. I have edited the original post. Please try again

Ok, first of all my thanks for editing the GnomeFrequencer codes.
My lock is only L95 so I am not looking at the DPS output but more if everything fires off as I hope it would.
The first one option “Affliction” only spits out haunt and nothing else.
The second one “AffService” appears to fire all the spells off.

All I do is spam the macro, so am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

AffService seems to be doing what it is suppose to do. Yes, all the spells are suppose to fire off. Fir the other one, I may have missed a comma but I am thinking going two button for this one might be better.

PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
	"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Unstable Affliction,Corruption,Drain Soul,Drain Soul",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences['AffBurn'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
	'/cast Soulburn',
	'/cast Haunt',
}

what glyphs are you using

glyphs
Siphon Life
Healthstone
Unstable Affliction
Verdant Spheres
Soulwell
Enslave Demon

yeah the first macro isn’t working it hangs up

What are your talents if you don’t mind answering. Thank you

[quote quote=27654]AffService seems to be doing what it is suppose to do. Yes, all the spells are suppose to fire off. Fir the other one, I may have missed a comma but I am thinking going two button for this one might be better.

PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
	"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Unstable Affliction,Corruption,Drain Soul,Drain Soul",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences['AffBurn'] = {
PreMacro = [[