Affliction 7.2.5

Can you put in the black box? Would like to try it out.

[quote quote=47732]Can you put in the black box? Would like to try it out.
[/quote]

Sequences['aff'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.00.
  Author="Ojoverde",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "11X1XX12",
  Help = [[aff]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/petattack",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption, Drain Soul",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Haunt",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Reap Souls",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

As requested, i haven’t tested this macro though

Was going to test it but you have 1 more talent than you can have lol

ok talents are 1,1,x,1,x,1,2

this is a fairly solid macro tbh but needed a few extra things added to be viable ( kind of bare bones as it was posted in OP)

Sequences['AFF-Haunt'] = {
  Author="Carlos - modded by OnyX",
  SpecID=265,
  Talents = "1,1,?,1,?,1,2",
  Help = [[Single Target - spam at 100ms, or manually.]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/use [mod:alt] Drain Soul",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/use [nopet,combat] Summon Doomguard",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption, Drain Soul",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/petautocastoff [group] Seethe",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Burning Presence",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Seethe",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Burning Presence",
      },
    },
  },
}

added combat reset, added anti-taunt in case you use infernal rather than doomguard, added call doomguard if you have no pet summoned, added drain soul mod in case you wanted to manual cast

not convinced about Haunt > MG though

just remember that this build its for the new changes, currently available on the PTR, since the changes to affliction Haunt will be the viable way to go in 7.2.5

Not bad. Performs about 13% of sims for me, so it could use some tightening up. It’s missing Life Tap.

Is Phantom Singularity receiving a buff as well? I’d advise against it in mythics or raids to prevent from accidentally pulling. Soul Conduit still sims better for now.

Boxing for you

Author="Spoony",
SpecID=265,
Help = [[Single Target – spam at 100ms, or manually.]],
Default=1,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
KeyPress={
"/use [mod:ctrl] Life Tap",
"/castsequence reset=target Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, null",
},
PreMacro={
},
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption, Drain Soul",
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
},
},
},
}

@ carlos - included your alt mod also added extra drain soul and life tap in cast sequence similar to aff HP script

@ Enix - hopefully this should tighten it up a little too, as it didnt seem to use drain as much as it should and resulted in a bit of downtime (imo, but then I am a scrub :smiley: )

So this is for 7.2.5 as MG supposedly getting a nerf, haunt getting a buff and this could all change 1 second into going live from what I understand of Blizz balancing :smiley:

however I am still mostly using https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/affliction-conduit-7-1-5/ until ptr changes drop, as Enix’s script simply works extremely well :smiley:

Author="Carlos-Ojoverde - mod by OnyX",
  SpecID=265,
  Help = [[Single Target - spam at 100ms + your latency, or manually.]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Corruption, Agony, Siphon Life, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target  Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption, Drain Soul, Life Tap, Agony",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Drain Soul, Reap Souls",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=47913]Not bad. Performs about 13% of sims for me, so it could use some tightening up. It’s missing Life Tap.
Is Phantom Singularity receiving a buff as well? I’d advise against it in mythics or raids to prevent from accidentally pulling. Soul Conduit still sims better for now.
[/quote]

Love your macro’s man!..Ive been waiting for yours when it comes up on live servers!

I haven’t used this one yet myself, I am gonna download PTR tonight, And give it a try.

Aff talent’s tiers has been moved around quite a bit. And also has a new spell called “Death’s Embrace” Basically kinda like say a Warrior’s execute? (But its a passive talent.)

Looks like the level 15 spells will probably get moved around depending on the fight I guess? But shouldn’t effect any macro’s obviously. But Haunt looks like now will be in the basic normal rotation on a macro.

From watching this known Youtuber (As you know Locks go.) He shows pretty much what we can do on the PTR right now. Our AOE is gonna be insane!! LMAO! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yipzarena

Okay, if these changes make it to live, this is excellent.

I’m going to go a little old-school here and explain why I’m happy with these changes. We used to have to use Shadow Bolt as a filler spell. And back when we did that, it was only for filler; literally any other ability we could cast that wasn’t clipping a dot was better for DPS, but you had to wait to use them, thus toss a couple Shadow Bolts or use that time to navigate hazards, then refresh dots. This made us highly desirable in raids because our damage output was not determined by how long we could stand still. We could dish out top-tier damage even while we all had to do the Safety Dance (look it up) and it often came to us to execute a boss for that reason.

Drain Soul was only used to heal yourself if Death Coil was on cooldown or horrifying the target was a bad idea. I preferred this way of playing. It put all the emphasis of Affliction on the dots, not the drains, and gave you a reason to play a more mobile spec for its complexity.

Current balancing has put all the emphasis on Drain Soul, specially during any window Unstable Affliction is on the target. Dots aren’t your damage source, they are just chip damage debuffs who only real purpose is to be present for Drain Soul (Malefic Grasp) to get a damage bonus off of. It’s okay, but it makes a warlock stand still and that’s not our forte. Bad flavor, in my opinion.

These changes are exciting because we are going to get some of our old flavor back. Dots become the most important part of our kit again. It’ll be more important to dot up every new target that appears than it is to tunnel on whatever you were already on. And with Death’s Embrace, this would even be more true, as you’ll get that scaling damage buff on every target who’s close to dying. Dots for everyone again! (Can we get our Haunt soul animation back, please?)

Death’s Embrace comes in contention with Siphon Life, however. The choice here will be dependent on how long your targets stay in <35% range. I imagine SL will be best for dungeons, DE for mythics and raids. (A warning to macro makers, Death’s Embrace obviously won’t proc on a target dummy. Anyone using a dummy to justify numbers is going to give you a headache when SL “clearly does more damage…”)

Phantom Singularity is definitely getting a buff. Good. AoE is not our strong point and this will help greatly. Still, watch that range. If it’s still pulling unengaged mobs it might have to be a separate key, which would be sad.

It looks like shard dumping will come back to Affliction. This will be easier to macro than it is right now. Right now, if you shard dump to empty you’ll starve for DPS outside of 30 seconds. I hate every lock I see do this and I’ve ranted about it in my thread. DPS-blinders… (people, think of the long game) Anyway, under these changes all your Unstable Affliction casts will be tied to Haunt, which has a cooldown. This is perfect. Macro a castsequence with Haunt and a bunch of UAs. Whenever Haunt casts, UAs will cast until no more shards, then drain during that window, profit. It would even make Soul Conduit a hassle, as extra shards would get in the way of the window’s timing and likely lose DPS. And with Phantom Singularity, less emphasis on shards needing to be available for Seed of Corruption. Still need them, but not for all of your AoE damage.

Exciting, indeed. I look forward to seeing what you guys can come up with writing macros for this. I might jump in with something, but I rather help you guys out with your creations (I want my playtime back), so fell free to hit me up.

i just wanna bump this topic - anyone working on this?

regards

Thanks for the info. Realised my mastery is way too low and haste too high

Mastery 88%, Haste 25%, and crit 20% @ 903

So gem and ring enchants change now

Also going to add a mod line as I want my ring use to happen when there are multi adds rather that GSE2 casting at start

why have haunt in there, icy veins says no. please explain.

PS: i never EVER cared for icy veins. in the past Expac’s i went with my own play style. “Personal Preference” i played what was most comfy for me until legion came out and my Comfy Zone was destroyed. legion is not like other expac’s where you can do what talents you wanted and get away with it. Legion is more hardcore - You Use This Talent Or Else Have A Terrible Day In WoW, so sadly enough i started looking into Icy veins and started doing what they recommended and sure enough i was doing a lot better.

[quote quote=51229]why have haunt in there, icy veins says no. please explain.
PS: i never EVER cared for icy veins. in the past Expac’s i went with my own play style. “Personal Preference” i played what was most comfy for me until legion came out and my Comfy Zone was destroyed. legion is not like other expac’s where you can do what talents you wanted. Legion is more hardcore – You Use This Talent Or Else. so i sadly have to say that i started looking into Icy veins and started doing what they recommended and sure enough i was doing a lot better
[/quote]

Also, Lock One Stop Shop is a great site too.

"Welcome to our very own Lock One Stop Shop!

Here you will find guides and sims of every kind for all Warlock specs. On the left will be your navigation guide to each spec with their respective guides and sims included.

The intention of this site is to have an easy and accessible place for all your Warlock needs for learning and sims instead of having to go to 3, 4 or more places. If you find anything not working, have a question about functionality or have any other questions feel free to contact myself (Not) or anyone else on the LOSS team and they’d be happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

We have officially had over 1 million of you amazing people view the site since launching on June 12th, 2017. THANK YOU!"

very nicely done

I have a problem with that site you linked and that is it doesnt say who the authors is so for all we know that is just someones thoughts on haunt. But the reason i trust icyviens is that the authors are players that are at the top of there games and most are world first players . And if you read haunt is more of a AOE talent and if you know anything about TOS it is mostly single target

[quote quote=51883]I have a problem with that site you linked and that is it doesnt say who the authors is so for all we know that is just someones thoughts on haunt. But the reason i trust icyviens is that the authors are players that are at the top of there games and most are world first players . And if you read haunt is more of a AOE talent and if you know anything about TOS it is mostly single target
[/quote]

Menu>Other>About us

About the authors

Not is a long time Warlock player and theorycrafter ranging all the way back to Wrath of the Lich King. He is the mastermind creator of LOSS and main contributor. He handles all the nitty gritty and boring stuff of website maintenance, etc.

Gahddo is the love child made from math and mangos. He’s been around the Warlock community for what seems like forever being the main contributor to SimCraft and now guide writing for LOSS.

Loozy is our loveable EU Warlock maintaining/writing the Destruction guide. You can usually find him hanging around in Turkey (the country, not the animal) wishing he could browse Imgur and look at all the dank memes he is missing.

Saocow is our main backend guy, if something breaks on the site he is our go-to fixer upper! All the beautiful things you see on the site were made possible by him.

There are many more of us but these are the main contributors to the site currently!